Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1981   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-07, 14:33
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I can't do chicken pot pie again- even with cherry picking out the chicken. My DH will have the rest of the pie, fruit and chicken soup. I will have a burger on a roll, cabbage, squash and muchrooms with a green salad. Maybe some fruit, but I doubt it. We have cake and cookies coming out of our ears- I am trying to give it away. People have been so nice, but don't realize that I just don't eat this and how much can one person (DH) eat?
We are soooo lucky that he just broke his arm- I am counting my blessings!
Sponsored Links
  #1982   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-07, 15:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Everyone! Still really busy...you'd think things would slow down some now that summer is over but it's busy as ever here.

Biking is going better but it's been windier so it's more of a challenge.

Food has been good for the most part. A few slips/strays but more because of not being at home than wanting to eat off plan. I've been tweaking a veggie shake to make it more CM friendly so I can just have it for lunch daily.

I've had to move my RM to dinner temporarily while DH is working an odd shift. He has one more week on this shift but then DS will be working a shift like this starting Monday. It's harder now to get everyone to eat decent than it was when the kids were young and in school!

Tonight I think it's just me and DS for dinner so I'll wait to see what he wants for dinner.
  #1983   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 04:52
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 136/125/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Eno sorry to hear your DH broke his arm. Sorry its been a while since I checked in with you all. Hope everyone else is well. My stepson is home for a week and there is a lot of food in the house but I'm doing my best to stick with the program. Is it ok to eat one cracker with my CM - it is less than 4 carbs for one or would I be better off staying away from that sort of thing?
  #1984   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 09:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Fifi-
in CAD/CALP you are not to have any carbs with CM other than what is in the CM veggies. Crackers are all carbs/fiber and don't work for us. Rmember it is not about counting carbs- it is about managing insulin by restricting carbs to 1 meal.
Thanks re DH. He is doing freat. He goes to the surgeon next week and hopes to get the cast off!
We went out last night and I had duck- great. I couldn't finish- so it's duck (and leftover cabbage) for CM! Tonight planned RM is roasted chicken, salad, roasted or grilled veggies, and a cupcake-(we have sooooo much junk in the house- I will have 1 cupcake tonight and try to give the rest away. I froze 1 cake, 1 apple brown betty, and tossed a bunch of cookies already) and a glass of wine.
Later-
E
  #1985   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 10:23
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi everyone! I have good news to report after being on CALP since Wednesday, I have lost one pound. The best news is that I'm not hungry, at all. My fasting blood glucose this morning was 90 which is down a good 20 points from my normal. I'm a recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic, and I'm not medicated, and I want to keep it that way.

This has been absolutely painless to stick with, and I think that getting rid of sugar substitues and msg (carb act alikes) has really helped.

I'm new to this, and I know I'm energetic about it, but it feels like I've found the secret to life here. It isn't even about the one pound, I feel wonderful and on very low carbohydrates, I'm breezing through the day without cravings. I have to fight the urge to say, "Don't put that in your mouth!" when I see people drinking diet sodas. I tell myself that it's their body, and if they want my opinion, they'll ask....but it was such a toxic thing for me. I thought Splenda was the answer.

I was afraid to try eating any higher carb food with my RM. I thought I'd go into a craving tail spin, but in the controlled way this program allows, I can enjoy the (almost decadant) pleasure of a baked sweet potato again, after I've eaten my salad, meat, and low carb green beans. AND, my blood glucose level is almost normal!!

Please bear with my newbieness to the program, but I am one happy camper!
  #1986   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 11:33

Stats: 230/154.8/120 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 68%

Way to go hun....I too have found that if I cut out glutamates, that I lose alot easier too!! I'm glad you found this to be easy and it's keeping you off diabetic meds! This is a plan for life!!

Good luck!
  #1987   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 12:52

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default CM veggie ?

I have a question about a couple of veggies. On the cheat sheet for CM veggies, Eggplant is listed, but it's not in the CALP book. On the other hand, Brussels sprouts are in the book, but not on the cheat sheet. And I can't find jicama listed at all. Whassup with that? I would hate to give up the eggplant for CMs since it is filling and also in season.

Doing well on CAD for 10 days. I have SAD in reverse-- I'm perky and cheerful and lose weight in the winter and am irritable, depressed and gain in the summer. I must be like pansies and wilt in the heat. Anyway, CAD has put the brakes on the weight gain and I feel a lot better. I'm only 10 pounds from goal-- hope to be there by Christmas.

Appreciate all the good advice and tips I find on this board-- Cathy
  #1988   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 12:58

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Also just updated my profile. My gosh, I've been doing this a long time. I lost around 45 pounds seven years ago, gained back 10-15 over the years and am now slowly losing those again. I was overweight my whole life and now am a size 6-8 at nearly fifty. Who says it can't be done?!
  #1989   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 18:58

Stats: 230/154.8/120 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 68%

I think I would go by the book when it comes to the cm veggies. Your only 10 away from goal, after your at goal, then add the non listed veggies and see how they react on you, if they cause cravings, then back away, but if you can maintain and not have cravings, then go for it, at least it's veggies, I don't think they would put weight back on unless they cause cravings and make you eat more, or go off plan. This is just my opinion though hun!! You do what you think is right, always!!
  #1990   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-07, 11:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi Cath-
you are doing great! The Cheat Sheet is not an 'official' Heller document. The Hellers updated the CM veggie list, and it just comes down to a YMMV issue. I consider both brussel sprouts and eggplant to be CM. Also for me peppers and brocoli are CM, but others have problems. See what works for you-
E
ps- pre-CALP I was a 16-18. Now I am a 6-8 and I am over 50!!
E
  #1991   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 10:59

BF:

Hi Everyone! Still busy, still eating on plan but making a few changes here and there, biking is slowing down due to high winds lately. The workouts have to be moved indoors. If my knee wasn't such a problem, I would go hiking at the park down the road. I may try a short walk in a day or two....

Can't wait to get back to the normal schedule. DH has been working 12 hour days and we are so off schedule because of it. And then next week, DS starts his new work schedule so it will still be nuts around here!
  #1992   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 11:41
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey Mamagiff! It's good to know that you are able to stick to the program even with the crazy schedule. I hope life settles down for ya real soon.
  #1993   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 12:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks
Hey Mamagiff! It's good to know that you are able to stick to the program even with the crazy schedule. I hope life settles down for ya real soon.

Thanks! I think it will be a while before things actually do settle down some. But it's not anything bad just crazy and busy!
  #1994   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 16:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

sorry I haven't been posting- I got a cold and have just felt lousy. Didn't go to work today. Didn't eat off-plan, but had to force some protein down. The only veggies today were in the chicken soup (not!)- but at least I ate. Drank lots of herb tea- tasteless without honey, but probably the same effect on a cold.
later-
E
  #1995   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 19:18

BF:

Sorry to hear you've been sick, Eno. Hope you feel better soon!
Closed Thread