Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1951   ^
Old Thu, Aug-30-07, 15:06
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I ended up going to help my friend out- she is also on CALP. I made a big pan of spinach, one of mushroom, and 3 salmon pieces so she can just heat up dinner a couple of nights. Then I had chick-fil-a, cole slaw, salad and raspberries. I took the chicken out of the bun and had 1 slice of ww toast instead.
Tonight is salad, salmon, cole slaw and raspberries. (Do you know what is in my fridge?)
I am going to see my M-I-L tomorrow, and will not be able to use a computer. I am staying in a house, so I will have control over my breakfast CM. Other than that, it will be eating out. I think I will make good choices-
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Fri, Aug-31-07 at 06:16.
Sponsored Links
  #1952   ^
Old Thu, Aug-30-07, 23:02

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Unhappy

Well today was an interesting day. I got the results of the mri of my knee, and while it confirmed one thing I was sure of, there was further news I didn't expect.

I am funny in that the littlest things may cause me to be upset, but if something serious happens, I'm cool (relatively) and go into survival or problem-solving mode (depending on the situation).

I found out I do have a meniscus tear, but also that there is a small pocket of fluid, with a small joint body floating in the fluid, the torn meniscus is also extruding, and I have severe arthritis around the patella, as well as present in all 3 compartments of the knee.

I've an apt. with an orthopedic doc, and hope to avoid surgery for now. I think no matter how much weight I lose, that a knee replacement is in my future..yet another reason to lose weight and be in better health overall.

I mean to lose these 200+ lbs. and this time, I am not stopping at 3+ years and using a plateau and then slight weight gain as a reason to gain back the almost 75 lbs. I had lost

It was nice to see a slightly lower weight at my doctor's apt today, I have to lose about 14 more to be able to use my scales at home again.

Dinner tonight was cauliflied rice with asparagus added, brown cow maple yogurt, some raw almonds, coffee w/half and half.
  #1953   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-07, 06:19
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi Pat-
I am sorry about your knee, but at least now you know what is going on. No wonder it wasn't working right! Turning your knee issue into yet a more compelling reason for doing CALP is really powerful.
I think that because I am doing this for my health it has made all the difference in my ability to stay on course.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I amhaving 2 clean CMs today (as usual) and then dinner at the airport! FUN!
E
  #1954   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-07, 15:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Everyone! Had a busy weekend - food was not always on plan but not horrible. Working on getting it to where it needs to be again. Today is going great so far!

I had a 64 mile bike ride on Sunday and a 21 mile ride today. Only 120 more miles to reach my goal! And then it's all a bonus from there!
  #1955   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-07, 16:02
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Back from visiting my m-i-l. I ate OP all weekend- with a little flexibility thrown in on the side (LOL)>
Had an awful dinner at the airport- I actually told the waitress to tell the kitchen that when you serve someone a $14 sandwich don't put rotten lettuce on the bun. I did not eat it.
The worst meal was the CM at Wendy's- cold burger, no bun, yucky salad. Oh well. Lots of great walks and a beautiful weekend.
Tonight I had a hankering for chili- no idea why (maybe because I couldn't have it at Wendy's?) so we area having salad, chili, spinach, and bread for RM. CHili tonight is a lb of beef, 1 can of beans, I large diced pepper and 1 can of tomato- lots of spices.
Hope you are all good- come on and post!
Keep riding Linda- you are amazing!
E
  #1956   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 06:24
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 136/125/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool

Hi everyone we are back in the USA at last. We extended the visit in Ireland until September 4th, just in time for my daughter's return to school today. It was a big rush getting everything ready as we are gone 2 months and we didn't even open the suitcases yet, being that they are full of dirty clothes. We spent a week at a rented thatched cottage in Co. Limerick and then we went to a hotel for 3 nights. I had my RM on the plane yesterday so when we reached home I was anxious to get on the scale to see what the damage was and was delighted to find that I was 126 even at the end of the day and this morning I am 125 again. I really enjoyed my food while I was away and even did the Disney Cruise during that time so I did expect to have a couple of extra lbs. on board. In the last 2 weeks I have been keeping to the exact hour for my RM, following your advice Eno, but I have to admit that my RM's are not as balanced as yours. Now that I am back home I have a chance to rectify the RM balance and settle down to some healthy eating. I really love the CAD/CALP way of life and I think the best advantage of it is the fact that some carbs can be eaten at the right time of the day so even when we go out to dinner with others it is hardly noticeable that we are on any eating program (except for checking the watch every few minutes if the food service is slow!!!). Eno again I say you are a great example to all of us and it is clear that you are a good person the way you helped your friend by cooking the proper stuff for her and indeed the way you take time to post so frequently to give us all a boost. Patricia, my husband had the same torn miniscus thing but he had the surgery (I think it was a partial knee replacement) because he loves to play golf and he was not prepared to give it up. You must be in a lot of pain as it is considered a very painful injury. Let us know how you are doing. Best regards to all.
  #1957   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 16:58
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Fifi-
welcome back! That is quite an accomplishment- to be on such a vacation and come back exactly on target! Way to go!
Tonight's RM- had the exact same RM as last night- left overs!
I am going out tomorrow and I know there will be food and margaritas- but all junk. So- I am going to have my RM before I go and skip the drink and junk. This will work for me- if there is really something I want I will bring it home and freeze it for another RM. If I just eat a CM and then go (it is at 6:30, I am afraid I will eat a lot of junk and feel gross. So that is my plan!
  #1958   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-07, 15:03

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fificat
Patricia, my husband had the same torn miniscus thing but he had the surgery (I think it was a partial knee replacement) because he loves to play golf and he was not prepared to give it up. You must be in a lot of pain as it is considered a very painful injury. Let us know how you are doing. Best regards to all.

Thank you - I have an apt. coming up, the pain is significantly better now, and pt is going well. I am hopeful to avoid any surgery at this point.
  #1959   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-07, 18:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Just an update for the 'party' tonight. I am SOOOO glad that I ate my RM before! There were margaritas, beer, chips, fruit, and dips! I know I was not the only one who thought there would be food- I would have been in trouble- glad I had my RM!
I will be out of touch until next week-
E
  #1960   ^
Old Sun, Sep-09-07, 15:11

BF:

I've been doing ok with food and exercise. We've had a lot of stuff going on lately so not as much computer time. Hope things settle down soon!
  #1961   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-07, 09:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
back from my weekend out of town. I think my next trip will be thansgiving- good!

Food was good for morning CM, but RM was out of my control. 2 dinners organized by work. Sat night- appetizers at 7 pm, dinner at 8pm (and it was salad, steak sandwich (on a tiny roll) , mashed potato bar (toppings) and oriental noodle bar. I skipped the potato and noodle, and then dessert was an ice cream sundae bar (do I detect a theme here?) at 9pm- which I just totally skipped. Yesterday I had one of the best CMs ever- 2 crab cakes with poached eggs on a bed of spinach, topped with a bit of hollandaise sauce. AMAZING! I was not hungry for lunch CM, so just had dinner at the airport- salad and burger and diet soda. I weigh what I expected- up 5 lbs. I will be back at 125 in a couple of days of clean eating.
today-
CM: 2 eggs, cheddar, black coffee.
CM: tuna and celery with Duke's mayo
RM: (planned) grilled small (6 ounce) steak, salad, spinach, and yogurt.

Hope everyone is great-
E
  #1962   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-07, 05:58
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 136/125/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Eno before I went on CALP I never even noticed how slow the service is and how there might be 2 or more hours between the 1st course and the last - now I look at my watch constantly. You mentioned crabcakes in your CM and I just wanted to check with you if that is OK for a CM because most crabcakes have breadcrumbs and its hard to know how much is breadcrumbs and how much is crab. Last night I was on the phone while having dinner and ended up spending an hour and a half eating instead of an hour so I ruined my own RM yesterday after being so careful for so long. Like yourself Eno I will be very careful for the next 2 days. I might have crabcakes for my RM now that you have put them in my mind!!!
  #1963   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-07, 13:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Fifi-
I asked the waiter about the crab cakes and he said there was only crab- this was in Canada and it had no breadcrumbs or filler- really good.
I am amazed how much I have to go to the bathroom the second day home- constant. I am already down 2-3 lbs and will be back at 125 tomorrow. It is amazing how my body reacts to whatever is in the foods I eat out- hidden carbs, msg, salt, additives.
Tonight I am having chicken breast roll-ups: boneless chicken breast rolled up with fresh spinach and ricotta cheese. Yum. Also roasted cauliflower and salad. For my carb I'll have more yogurt and honey and blueberries.
So how are you all doing?
  #1964   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-07, 15:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
after 2 days of eating all my meals home I was back to the 125- amazing.
Just got back from a friend's house for lunch- carb city. I had tuna and egg salad. SHe then served all kinds of desserts. After everyone served themselves (I'm talking 5 or 6 kinds of cakes and pies) I asked if I could take a piece home. So if I want it toniht, I can have a piece of pie. I am not that interested in the pie, and am leaning more toward dried fruit. We'll see. The rest of RM is salad, chicken, asparagus.
later-
  #1965   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-07, 15:48

BF:

Hi Everyone! I've been dealing with a cold the last several days. Not enough exercise but sticking to CAD. I'm down a few pounds, too.

Last week I reached my biking season miles goal! Got sick the next day! I'm hoping that the weather will stay decent for a while so I can ride a lot before it snows.

Today's RM was Steak'umms wraps made with onions, red peppers, shredded cheese and Steak'umms on a lc tortilla. And a taffy apple for dessert. It was delicious!
Closed Thread