Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1921   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-07, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

We've been busy lately - more bike rides (one was almost 61 miles long!) and we had our annual church festival this past weekend so my RMs were eaten there! Sampled a little of most of the different foods they were selling. DH and I split an order of each thing instead of getting too full on everything. Worked out great!

Still not sure how I'm going to tweak things to get losing. I have to work on better portion control and I need to make some better choices even for my RMs. I've only got a year to lose as much as I can and I want to get a good start now!
Sponsored Links
  #1922   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-07, 14:34
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
hi Linda. Bile rides sound great. Why only a year to lose the weight?
Want to post your food logs and see what people think to help tweek?

CM: 2 eggs, 1 slice turkey bacon, 1/2t cream cheese, black coffee.
CM: leftover chicken and cauliflower, water
RM: (planned for tonight) salad, grilled salmon, spinach, rice for DH and DS, nectarine, square of chocolate, water.
  #1923   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-07, 14:53
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

I hope all my typos don't bother anyone- I am the worst typist ever! Sorry Linda- meant 'bike ride' not bile ride'!
Having a nice, quiet RM tonight- just me and DS. Salad, burger, spinach and raspberries with cream for me. I think DS will add on a burger bun and some ice cream. I will be thrilled with a bowl of berries!
Something nice to tell you about- I have been looking for new jeans since last winter. I have blue jeans that I got about 3 years ago from Target, black jeans from 2 years ago and white jeans I got last year. I wanted a new basic pair of jeans- and they were all too big in the legs.Nothing looked right. DD finally convinced me to go down a size- and she was right. I tried on a bunch today- and they all fit and looked pretty good. I got a pair in a dark blue color- not one of those tummy tuck jeans just regular jeans- natural waist boot cut in a size 6!! My Target jeans are a 10- no wonder they don't fit or flatter! I am sort of amazed- size 6? I think I'll wear them around the house to be sure before I cut off the tags and wash them. For any of you who have read past posts on clothing, I am most comfortable in clothes that are loose- DD translates as 'too big'. So wearing stuff that actually fits is still a work in progress.
How about you and clothes?
E
  #1924   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-07, 18:45

BF:

Eno, congrats on the smaller size! I can't even seem to find clothes I want to try on let alone buy! Although I still have a long way to go!

I've got a year because I have 2 very important weddings to attend! The first one is in July 2008 - DH's youngest sister is getting married and wants to have the wedding on a beach in Florida.

The second one is much more important! Sept. 13, 2008 is the day DS #2 is getting married! Don't want to be a frumpy Mother of the Groom!

I don't keep a food log but I do basically know where my problems lie. I just eat too much food. I'm working on it and it begins with cooking smaller amounts to begin with. I'm used to cooking for 3 grown men and me. I don't need to make that much anymore!

Had a good ride today - 32 miles! I'm really trying to do at least 100 miles a week and almost always get that unless the weather is bad.
  #1925   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-07, 08:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Linda- enjoy your ride!
I walked today and I swear I don't feel right. I think the air quality is getting to me.
Linda- one thing that helps me with portion size is plating my meals up and stopping family style meals. I leave the extra on the stove or counter so my DH and DS can get seconds- but I just eat my meal.I really load up my plate with veggies- it is a lot of food.
Going to take a shower and hope I can just cool off!
E
  #1926   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-07, 03:31
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 136/125/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi all: Just checking in after a long time. We are in Ireland for the summer and I managed to stay at my goal and yet I enjoyed my food. Once I stay within the hour for the RM and keep my CM's clean of carbs I can eat almost anything in my RM provided I eat enough protein to balance it. I am delighted to be on this program again as it is so much more enjoyable than the Atkins etc. I was 52 yesterday and my friends had a little dinner party for me with 12 people but I had to eat what and when it was given to me as I had to go along with the flow. There was no way I could control when the food was served and the length of time between courses. Funny but I feel very sluggish this morning because of the fact that I ate too many carbs and that my dinner was eaten over such a long time span. I am back on the right path today and intend to nip it in the bud. I will go protein heavy for the nest couple of days. Glad to hear you are all doing well. Eno you are a great example to all of us and you are always there to give us advice based upon your own experience. Mamagiff I also had a goal date when I lost my weight as it was my daughter's first communion on May 5th and the goal really helped me as I was just drifting along otherwise. At one point I had gone up to 147 so I actaully had 22 lbs to lose and not 11 as it looks like in my stats.Thank you all for such great support always. I missed you all and I am glad to be back in contact.
  #1927   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-07, 11:30
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

welcome back and Happy Birthday!
I had a good weekend - I guess it is still the weekend. I had dinner out both Fri and Sat- made good choices (chicken parm and steak)> It is so easy to order a salad- so what if no one else does!- to have when they eat the apps. Last night we went back to the house and they served cocnut cream pie- and this was after a heavy dinner at a steak place. I didn't even have a bite- just said ii was too late for me to eat. I felt great this am too.
Making a boneless turkey breast on the grill tonight- that and the salad are all I have planned. I think DH will be happy with a cold beverage and a cold dessert- I'll decide my food later.
Going to the gym to lift-
stay cool!
E
  #1928   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-07, 17:33

BF:

Hi Everyone! Had a couple days of no internet due to storms! Food is going good - I was down 4.5 lbs from last week.

Today's RM was completely unbalanced but delicious. Had leftover pizza and some popcorn. I'll have some sauteed veggies and chicken tonight.

I've been making some fresh lemonade the last couple of days that has really been a lifesaver when I have wanted a soda. I don't buy soda for at home anymore and I really wanted something other than plain water. I've been having 2 of the lemonades (just water, fresh lemon juice and a squirt of fiberfit sweetener) a day and I'm really enjoying it!
  #1929   ^
Old Tue, Aug-21-07, 03:53
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

still really hot- and dry.
Had the turkey breast- it was great. I had a piece of leftover with a salad for CM lunch yesterday. Today it will be turkey salad (made with Duke's regular mayo- no sugar!) with celery.
Burgers for dinner last night- with brussel sprouts and berries and cream for carb. Tonight we are going out- DS's request- and I think I will get a salad and some kind of fish. My plan is no dessert, just bread for my carb. I will get spinach for my side. Planning like this does not make the meal less enjoyable for me- just takes the unknown out of it. Also changes the idea from I have to find the exact thing I want to eat into just get something I know I will like that is OP.
E
  #1930   ^
Old Tue, Aug-21-07, 20:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

delete delete delete.

Last edited by willbthin : Wed, Aug-22-07 at 14:50.
  #1931   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-07, 07:03

BF:

delete delet delete

Last edited by willbthin : Wed, Aug-22-07 at 14:49.
  #1932   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-07, 16:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Will- is everything okay?
E
  #1933   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-07, 17:26

BF:

hi eno, thanks for your concern. i have been so out of control lately. i know cad will help with my carb cravings. i deleted my posts, cause i just didnt know what to say really. i have been under lots of stress lately with mil and our new shore house, going in it with her, is lots of stress and we are trying to work things out, but i let it get to me and i have been binging eating at night and my periods are getting differernt, i just turned to binging all on carbs. i feel like a mess right now and i was going to say i want to start this again, but i thought i might be jumping on here in a panic.

and the way i keep jumping on here, getting support and then quitting, i felt sort of bad running here for support. just not ready to commit. i will be alright. i will try not to come back unless i really am ready to make this a plan for life.

Last edited by willbthin : Wed, Aug-22-07 at 19:46. Reason: forgot something.
  #1934   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 06:05
Registered Member

BF:

Will its hard to keep to any eating program when you are under a lot of stress. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I gained 2 lb in the past week but I'm on vacation and I know I can lose it again in a few days. Lots of people on CAD/CALP and indeed on Atkins or any of the other low carb programs have blown it from time to time and then started again. You might even be more committed when you restart the program. Reading the posts is very helpful even if you don't feel like posting yourself. The great thing about this site is that nobody is judging you just giving support. I like to check in all the time but sometimes I don't feel the need to reply to anything. I was feeling very depressed last Christmas and really depended on this site to keep me going. Good luck with all your endeavors.
  #1935   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 06:15
Registered Member

BF:

Eno: Want to ask you your honest opinion on something. Do you think, from your own experience, that there is any flexibility on the one hour rule? Have you ever strectched it a teeny bit without gaining weight? Sometimes, particularly in a restaurant or at someone's house I am inclined to stretch to maybe 1hr 10 mins, just because my food doesn't arrive on time. Has anyone else had any experience with doing this? Not that I want to make a habit of it or anything but it would be nice to feel that once in a while it is possible to do it without doing too much damage. Do you think the exact hour timing is more important or is the balance of protein/good carbs/reward carbs more important? I must read my books again when I go back to NY. Sometimes the rules get a little fuzzy but I do often wonder if the Hellers rounded the timing off to 1 hour just to guarantee that we are not dragging out our RM and if a couple of extra minutes would make a big difference. Hope all is well with everyone. Bye.
Closed Thread