Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-14, 12:12

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default CM Question

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been posting for quite awhile. Spent last year getting used to losing DH and reinventing myself. Things are balancing out now, I have kept off the weight I lost, and am back on the train once again.

Three questions: (1) Is a slice of Velveeta be allowed at a CM? 40 calories/3carbs each slice. (2) Also, what to do if I do not want to begin my RM with a salad? Often I just want balanced protein, vegs., and a small carb. Salad isn't always interesting to me although I do try to fit one in each day. (3) Can I use an Atkins shake for a snack sometimes? Suggestions?

Even though I exercise I have to watch every thing I put in my mouth. Last few days I blew it being house bound in bad weather/snow. Gained 3lbs. Yuck!

Last edited by SuzeQ : Sun, Feb-09-14 at 12:19.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-14, 15:04

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi SuzeQ,

I'm not sure about the Velvetta since it's cheese product versus just cheese - I'd check the ingredients list and if you see anything that isn't dairy, I'd personally not try it at cm.

I don't always feel like a salad, and in that case, the Heller's have said just have another serving of a cm veggie.

I am very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you've done really well with your food during this past year.

Atkins shakes are not on the cm list - I'm pretty sure if you check those ingredients you'll see starches.

That said, you have to find what works best for you. If you try it, pay close attention to if your weight swings up or you get the munchies/cravings after consuming one.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-14, 15:18

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Dear Suze,
I am so sorry to hear your dear Husband passed on to God.
'Until we meet our dear loved ones again, May God hold them in the palm
of his hand'.

I like to put my salad into a wrap & have it as a 'sandwich' with a cup of tea.

I found a lovely salad recipe I really enjoy too; I just thought I'd share it with you.
Spinach, or other greens, scallions, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, toasted pine nuts.
Grilled Halloumi cheese covered with sesame seeds. I grill it on a griddle pan.

Then a 'Mango' dressing which is:
1 TBSP. Mango chutney
1 TBSP. Water
1/4 Tsp. White wine vinegar
Sprinkle of black pepper & chili powder.

You heat this 'sauce' for a few seconds on the pan too & drizzle over the salad. Its

Hope you like it too!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-14, 11:40

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Suze:
Glad to hear your are getting back on your feet. If you don't always want salad with your RM, you can have extra LC veggies. I don't recall the page or exact reference for this info. But I think it's 1 c of LC veggies instead.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-14, 13:38

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by randisue
Suze:
Glad to hear your are getting back on your feet. If you don't always want salad with your RM, you can have extra LC veggies. I don't recall the page or exact reference for this info. But I think it's 1 c of LC veggies instead.

I believe it's a serving of which ever veggie from the cm list that you choose, since serving size can vary.