Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-14, 16:18

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock
YES! Just looking through the photo gallery in this forum totally changed my attitude about what is possible. There are so many success stories, people losing one or two hundred pounds and keeping it off. The whole adventure has been much easier than I thought it would be.

This. Seeing that it was possible was part if my motivation. I picked certain people that lost a lot of weight and read their journals. It helped me see that it was a struggle for them and that I wasn't alone it what I was feeling.

I also started feeling really dizzy and shaky in the afternoons. After talking to some people it seemed that I was showing signs of becoming diabetic. I was scared to death and started this woe immediately. I've never looked back. It hasn't always been easy, but it's always been worth it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-14, 20:50

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thank you, everyone for your support and wonderful responses!

I would have replied sooner, but I've been busy so I haven't been back to the board yet.

You've definitely given me a lot of think about, and I really appreciate it.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-14, 20:58

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmum1977

To me, this was difficulty bending, a lot of lower joint pain, stairs a nightmare, seatbelt at the limit of it's extension, reaching the highest plus size available here in stores (would need to shop online), having difficulty fitting into normal sized chairs almost ANYWHERE, having a hard time standing up from a sitting position, or my personal favorite even having difficulty fitting in the bathtub, then struggling to get up out of it after!Or even reaching myself in the bathroom (sorry if TMI).

Yeah, I hate going up stairs or even hills when other people are around because I hate having people hear me getting out of breath.

Bathtubs don't really apply to me. I haven't been able to fit comfortably into a bathtub since I was 14, but that's not to do with my weight, it's because I'm tall and have always lived in houses/apartments with rinky little tubs. I prefer showers anyway, baths make me feel kind of disgusting.
I can relate to having trouble in the bathroom, though. Not because I can't reach, but because my back gets really stiff in the mornings. It still sucks, though, because I'm not even 30 so that can't be normal.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 11:04
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Any luck in convincing your brain to get back to it?

What is stopping you? Maybe if you tell us that, we can help you more specifically. Or perhaps you need to think a little deeper and figure out what is stopping you. I'm a big believer that we can outwit the stupid parts of our brains. ;-)
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 11:20

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-piper
Yeah, I hate going up stairs or even hills when other people are around because I hate having people hear me getting out of breath.

I was still under 200 pounds when I started running out of breath. People actually expressed concern for me because I would end up breathing heavily just crossing the room; going up stairs or hills was much worse. We once went on a family hike (the last one for me) where I had to stop half way up the hill. My face was red, my heart was pounding, my lungs hurt, and I could barely catch my breath.

I so badly wanted to do something about it, but didn't know what I could do. Now I do. When I helped my son move out of his dorm (after being LC for about 6 months) I was running up and down stairs with NO problem! I was so happy!

Except for realizing I should have done this 20 years ago.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-14, 16:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Maybe instead of thinking about the bad things when you're over weight think of the good things that happen as you lose weight.

My favorite LC thread for instance: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=453077
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-14, 18:06
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

oh I hear you. what scared me was my A1c being 10, and doing a fasting sugar check was over 400. I'm in denial about my diabetes. The good news is my cholesteral and blood pressure are still low in the normal ranges. My weight has stayed where it has been still below 300. I restarted dec 25th of all times lol