Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-15, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203.5/200.5/142 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

1 scrambled egg, 2 pieces bacon, and some oven roasted califlower drenched in olive oil and seasoned with garlic and lemon.

A giant glass of water to drink.
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-15, 15:15

Plan: <30 Net Carbs
Stats: 270/210/130 Female 5'4"
BF:51/45/ ???
Progress: 43%

Salad of lettuce, nitrate/nitrite free salami, green onions, and alfalfa sprouts with bleu cheese viniagrette. It was delicious!
  #2013   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-15, 21:30
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Egg salad on romaine lettuce, Zevia soda, pistachios.
  #2014   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 11:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

tomato and fresh mozzarella salad
a hard boiled egg

spicy seaweed snacks to munch
minute maid diet "mango juice"

maybe some sf jello and laughing cow cheese later- i know it sounds weird but i love the sweet and salty combo
  #2015   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 12:03

Plan: 6WBMO/Paleo
Stats: 196.7/175.6/130 Male 5'6
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
tomato and fresh mozzarella salad
a hard boiled egg

spicy seaweed snacks to munch
minute maid diet "mango juice"

maybe some sf jello and laughing cow cheese later- i know it sounds weird but i love the sweet and salty combo

Really? You are 122 lbs. now? Good gravy, Marie! You are so working it.
  #2016   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 12:05

Plan: 6WBMO/Paleo
Stats: 196.7/175.6/130 Male 5'6
BF:

Leftover shirataki noodles, seasoned with Puerto Rican sofrito and a baked filet of fish. Italian chocolate soda water.
  #2017   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 12:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalove
Really? You are 122 lbs. now? Good gravy, Marie! You are so working it.

haha- my goal weight is now to get back to a minimum of 140. That is where i am at my fittest.

i was very sick over the fall- i had what is called the modern day "polio" as it is a very rare neurological illness that causes temporary paralysis for weeks to months- with 80% of people recovering within one year. I am 6 months in, and finally walking well, but still can't run due to numbness in my feet

And, blech, i have not had a period since august from the weight loss, and my body looks horrible. i don't go a day without several concerned comments from people seeing me. i don't recommend
  #2018   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 12:42

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:

Robin, How did they diagnose you? I know someone who has had a bunch of strange symptoms and keeps going from one doctor to another and they have looked for everything but found nothing. She has good and bad days but is having a lot of strange symptoms like numbness and problems walking.
She thought it was Lyme disease but several tests say no.
  #2019   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 13:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Robin, How did they diagnose you? I know someone who has had a bunch of strange symptoms and keeps going from one doctor to another and they have looked for everything but found nothing. She has good and bad days but is having a lot of strange symptoms like numbness and problems walking.
She thought it was Lyme disease but several tests say no.

so sorry for your friend! lyme disease was one they had to rule out, when i came into the E.R.
What i had is called Guillain Barre Syndrome- it has a VERY sudden onset, so people go from a mild tingling that appears one day to unable to walk/sometimes unable to breathe within a couple days. it doesn't "sneak up" with slow long onset. It is like being hit by a truck.
(fun side not- it is now almost certain that FDR had GBS and NOT polio as originally thought).

I hope she sees a good nuero and they can properly diagnose your friend- GBS is a DX of exclusion, so it started with CT to rule out stroke, hemorrhaging, then a million labs for lyme disease, lupus, etc.....then a spinal tap (most GBS patients have a certain protein in tap)- then endless neuro exams measuring strength, eye tracking (my vision was totally double because the optical nerve was damaged), and sensation (they use the old needle exam and then this electrical thing).
  #2020   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 16:26

BF:

If you don't mind, I am going to give her the link to your post to see if it would help her. Yes she is getting paralysis too and she has been to many doctors including Nuro and they can't figure it out, none of them. She has had a million tests.
  #2021   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 17:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
If you don't mind, I am going to give her the link to your post to see if it would help her. Yes she is getting paralysis too and she has been to many doctors including Nuro and they can't figure it out, none of them. She has had a million tests.

oh yes, of course!
so sorry she isn't well. it is terrifying!!!
  #2022   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-15, 19:46

BF:

Robin Thanks and I sent her the link and she read it but she said that she was tested for everything you mentioned and that's not it. She was negative for all those tests.

By the way, I am so glad that you are getting better and you are right, that is no way to loose weight.
  #2023   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-15, 10:58

BF:

thanks, Meme!

today is same as yesterday so far- yesterday was really good, so i'm fine with that:
tomato/ fresh mozzarella salad
hard boiled egg
spicy seaweed snacks

diet mango juice

later on will have some snacks. have not picked, but we have italian seasoned pumpkin seeds, roasted edmame, sf jello, string cheese, greek yogurt, broccoli soup, roasted coconut "chips", etc, so i will find something.

might bake some macaroons.
  #2024   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-15, 11:14

BF:

I almost asked you if you were going to kick up your fat but old habits die hard, as that would probably make you loose. It's hard to turn the brain around after years of brainwashing. Soooo anyway, are you thinking about kicking up the carbs to try and put back on a few lbs to get back into your optimum weight.
  #2025   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-15, 14:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 278/268.6/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Small Victory!

Newbie here! On day 3 of my new eating plan...

At a conference today where lunch was provided. I brought my own just in case. Good thing because it was JIMMY JOHN's sandwiches! I LOVE (or used to love) JIMMY JOHN's. The boxed lunches contained a delicious sandwich, chips (I happened to grab a box that contains salt-n-vinegar chips-my FAVORITE!) and a cookie.

Guess what I ate?

The TURKEY off the sandwich, no bread, no chips, no cookie....just the turkey! Gave the chips and cookie away swiftly and threw the bread away to eliminate temptation! Finished lunch up with some yummy turkey bites and celery with almond butter.

YAY!!!
Closed Thread