Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 03:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/194/132.3 Female 5'5.3
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default 1st month on Atkins Induction - 14.4 lbs ( 6.5kg) gone

Hi.

I am pleased to be joining a forum for the first time. I'm new to atkins and have been on induction for one month. I intend to stick to induction but will allow myself an atkins bar for breakfast when I feel the need. This first month has been a constant effort every day and tough at times and I felt side effects of fatigue, depression and mood swings and I had to force myself not to cave in to any old cravings which were destructive. Managed to incorporate some exercise but not on a daily basis. This month has been tough!

But I feel fantastic. My skin and hair look really good too. I had no idea that 1 month could already make such a difference. My palate has changed as well. I had an atkins bar and couldnt believe how sweet it tasted - even sugar free jelly tastes very sweet to me.

I never thought I could ever do atkins and actually complete the first month. I have read that the success to this thing is to keep going no matter what. Whatever the scale says you are still burning fat. I am doing this for my health mostly and am going to ride this Atkins train far away from my worst nightmare. I dont know how long this train ride is to goal is going to be or if there will be stops along the way but Im staying on it for the sake of my life. Ignoring the atkins naysayers.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 09:12

Plan: Atkins + Vegetarian
Stats: 167/154.6/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome, and congratulations on your success thus far! I'm in my fifth day, so a whole month seems like quite the accomplishment!

You'll find some friendly people here online.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 09:26
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSmurfy
Welcome, and congratulations on your success thus far! I'm in my fifth day, so a whole month seems like quite the accomplishment!

You'll find some friendly people here online.

Thank you very much! You're the first to respond. It does feel like an accomplishment so far. Hope your first month will be easier than mine. Once you reach the first two weeks you're well on your way
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 09:44

Stats: 262/198/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 57%

Congratulations on your loss! That's so great Does a happy dance for you!

I am on my third week now and I fully understand the change in palate. The first time I did LC about 10 years ago I stayed on for two months and then went off. I haven't been able to drink a regular coke or drink since! It's like drinking bottled or canned corn syrup. YUCK!

GRATS again!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 10:48

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/233/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 39%

That's great! I started Aug. 1, too, and have lost about the same amount. I do find that journaling and being part of this forum helps a great deal! The power of community, eh. And I have a loooong way to go. I'm a bit afraid its easier now than it will be around Christmas...and during the stressful early spring days next year, because I have a LOT of weight to lose. So I'm glad to have people to do this with! Hey, you're welcome to read my journal, if you think of it...
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 04:15
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas327
Congratulations on your loss! That's so great Does a happy dance for you!

I am on my third week now and I fully understand the change in palate. The first time I did LC about 10 years ago I stayed on for two months and then went off. I haven't been able to drink a regular coke or drink since! It's like drinking bottled or canned corn syrup. YUCK!

GRATS again!

Thanks for that happy dance! I find after the first month one really needs some encouragement so thank you! I will do a little dance now too
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 04:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy867
That's great! I started Aug. 1, too, and have lost about the same amount. I do find that journaling and being part of this forum helps a great deal! The power of community, eh. And I have a loooong way to go. I'm a bit afraid its easier now than it will be around Christmas...and during the stressful early spring days next year, because I have a LOT of weight to lose. So I'm glad to have people to do this with! Hey, you're welcome to read my journal, if you think of it...

Thanks! I think a journal is a great idea especially to look back and see your progress. I also think the best thing is not to obsess too much over everything you eat and remember to enjoy life and do exercise thats fun. Thats why Im filling my time now with dance classes at a health club.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 04:45

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

With that attitude you will succeed! Welcome and join in as many discussions as you can. Write in a journal every day and peek into someone else's journals as well! We are on the train together! Goal or Bust!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 07:39

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Congrats!! You are doing fabulous!! Love your attitude!! And yep it's soooo important to just keep at it even when you don't see that scale moving. If you keep at it..it will move again--trust me! Don't overthink it. Just eat good, whole LC foods when you're hungry and consistently stick with it. That's what I have to keep telling myself because in the end that is what really truly works.

Congrats again & again!!!!! So HAPPY for you!!!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 11:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
Congrats!! You are doing fabulous!! Love your attitude!! And yep it's soooo important to just keep at it even when you don't see that scale moving. If you keep at it..it will move again--trust me! Don't overthink it. Just eat good, whole LC foods when you're hungry and consistently stick with it. That's what I have to keep telling myself because in the end that is what really truly works.

Congrats again & again!!!!! So HAPPY for you!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!! xxx
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 15:15

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Welcome AC26. So glad to hear that LC is working for you.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 16:00

Stats: 187/144/148 Female 5'7 1/2
BF:
Progress: 110%

AC26, you are doing great. Atkins does work if you stick with it. It's been almost 8 years now for me -- you can do this . . . and, it is worth it !!
Wishing you much low carb success, Alma
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-10, 06:38
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almajo
AC26, you are doing great. Atkins does work if you stick with it. It's been almost 8 years now for me -- you can do this . . . and, it is worth it !!
Wishing you much low carb success, Alma

Thank you so much Alma. Your success is amazing and a true inspiration!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-10, 12:13

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/233/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Wow, look at your stats...soon you'll be in onederland!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-10, 12:33
Registered Member

Stats: 176/152/130 Female 5 ft 3inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Wow! I hope I am as successful as you after 1 month. Congratulations, and keep up the good work.