Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 15:00

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/148/125
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Hello Zoners! Is the Zone great or what?

Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I am a true diet professional as I have tested and experimented with them all (on myself of course). I must say the Zone is the one I have always felt the best on. Yes, my ego has at times gotten the best of me and found me in other more extreme plans (be they high-fat, no-fat, high-protein, macrobiotic, you-name-it) in hopes of dropping pounds in no time. But I really see that I FEEL the best on the Zone. When I feel better, I am more able to exercise, be a patient mother and friend, and just show up for life in general. And the weight naturally moves to where I should be.

I am glad this and the other site (www.drsears.com) are here. It's so nice to read all the posts and know that other people have been there, done that, and are with the Zone too.

Looking forward to posting some more soon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 06:07

Stats: 129/124.5/118
BF:
Progress: 41%

Thanks for the post, I have been off tract the last week or so and your post reminded me how great I felt and how patient I was with the kids when I was following the zone more closely.
Ah....today is another day and the beginning of another week...so here I go back on the zone.
Have a great day
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: Under 30 carbs per day
Stats: 200/194/160
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default A new day, indeed!

Head up my dear! I am new to this site, so I am going hog-wild and having a blast writing, and virtual high-fiving everyone! I love the support - it's so wonderful! Talk about falling off the wagon...I was 190+ lbs, low-carbed down to 169, then started a new job and within a year, was up to 200. Ughhh. I too am back low-carbing, and have lost 5 lbs in the last week. Trying not to beat myself up for falling off the wagon.
Keep up the good work!

Jen
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 19:07

Stats: 129/124.5/118
BF:
Progress: 41%

Good job Jen,
I am new to the zone and I only have a few lbs to lose but I LOVE the way I feel when I am following the plan.
I really must not fall into my old ways of not eating for hrs at a time then stuffing anything and everything into my mouth until I feel full and sick...YIKES!!!!!
Keep up the good work and don't worry about the past there is nothing you can do about it now...all you can change is the future.
Lou
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 18:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello to all of you wonderful people with your encouraging posts. My husband loves the Zone and has advocated and shared it with people for years. I prefer Atkins and I see a lot of similarities to Atkins OWL phase (ongoing weight loss) and the Zone. It is good for me as long as it is low carb. Low fat and low protein makes me feel weak, tired and hungry.
pacy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 04:28

Stats: 218/213/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default First day in the Zone

I am up before everyone else, already looking for Zone support and advice, and found this forum. I bought A Week in the Zone this weekend and am starting today. I'm glad to hear you like the Zone way of eating, and hope this works for me as well. I have 80 pounds to lose so this is going to take a while. I'll be checkingin often.

Sue
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-17-07, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: the Zone
Stats: 228/208/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

I have been on the Zone before and did really well with it. Unfortunately, I gained some of the weight back when I stopped.

I just started the ZoneChefs weekly delivery service and wanted to find others who are using ZoneChefs too. So far, it's as easy as a diet can get - my husband has agreed to do all the cooking for the kids, but he is considering trying the ZoneChefs plan too.

We are going to Hawaii this summer and I really, really want to lose 30lbs before then.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-07, 22:30

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 120/120/160 Male 181
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfishnet
I have been on the Zone before and did really well with it.
I just started the ZoneChefs weekly delivery service and wanted to find others who are using ZoneChefs too. So far, it's as easy as a diet can get - my husband has agreed to do all the cooking for the kids, but he is considering trying the ZoneChefs plan too.

Can you also maintain your weight or when you'll have lost all the weight you need to lose stop losing it while using the ZoneChefs program.

I like everything about the Zone but I'm just buffled how low in calories it is.
A meal in the ZoneChef is just 300 calories and at the end of the day you've just consumed 1200-1300 calories. But it seems like the average person needs around 2000-2500 calories and should never go below the 1500 calories.