Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 12:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
I got to that point for a couple of years way back when I was in my late 20s, but I thought I looked fantastic! I smoked too much, had ulcers that made me throw up a lot, & ate horribly - I wouldn't want to go thru that again.

we need a LIKE button here
life is full of pizz and vinegar and healthy activity and particpation. gaunt and to thin is sickly ways thru life. I mean live it up people and eat zc and thrive LOL
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 14:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Found this excellent round-up of history, resources, blogs and FB groups for anyone who wants to delve into and prepare for the Zero Carb Lifestyle. http://borntoeatmeat.com/?p=841
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 16:18

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Janet, I'd be interested on your take...zero carb, yes or no?
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-17, 05:10

I haven’t been able to go ZeroCarb for more than a few days, but the more I read the more I want to try it for a longer time. When I need to get back on track, what works best for me is higher protein, cut out all the extras like cheese and nuts, something close to Stillman/Dukan or Dr Westman at it's strictest levels. IF and very low carb is great, and It's not much of a leap from there to ZeroCarb. After the holidays...famous last words....
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-17, 06:47

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I have done zero carb with straight meat, but it seems to make me feel peckish after. That same meat paired with a salad and dressing does not.

I don't know if that feeling will go away if I continue, if it is a "mind habit," or what. I have yet to be in a place where I could make that my main distraction I go back to what I usually do too quickly.
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 04:59

There is a podcast called Corporate Warrior, the interviewer is only OK, but he recently had Shawn Baker and a two parter with Ted Naiman. "Going back to what you usually do" seems common with zero carb...like you hear your Mom in your head saying eat your greens, or the studies on cancer and vegetable consumption scroll across my brain Other than Baker, the reluctance to stay with just meat seems psychological, a "mind habit" for them and me too. But as Marvin said back in the first post...it is so Simple! Consider Naiman's MEAL (meat, eggs, added oils (minimum needed to cook and dress salad) and Leaves, then just drop the L.
  #127   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 17:54

Plan: Atkins> LCHF >Carnivore
Stats: 200/183.5/150 Female 5'8" inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Unhappy

Hello all, I was redirected here by ~Jey100.

A question for you all doing ZC. This is my second go at trying Zero Carb, but I just don’t think I can hack it.

I have not been totally ZC, I am still drinking an erythritol flavored drink a couple of times a day. I find that when I try to drink just water, I still feel hungry. I may feel full for about a 1/2 hour, but then I am hungry again, or my stomach seems unsettled, almost gurgly.

My usual meals have consisted of:

Breakfast: A package of bacon, or a few eggs with crumbled bacon and a little cheese. Usually 1 lb. of bacon, though.

Lunch: Sometimes skipped, sometimes 2 double quarter pounders from Mcds, or a Strip steak or ribeye with some butter.

Dinner: Steak or two with some butter. Sometimes skip dinner if had a big/late lunch.

Today I had to work and skip breakfast, so I had one erythritol beverage in the morning, and then at about 3 pm, I had a 12 oz. Ribeye at Longhorns. Got a bacon cheeseburger to bring home, and ate that around 4. Was still hungry so I made a 1/2 package of bacon. It’s almost 7, and I’m hungry and I feel like I could go eat a bag of cookies.

I’m about ready to quit and go back to Keto/LCHF. That has worked for me before, but I liked the simplicity of this, and people seem to have great results with it. I have lost about 8 lbs. so far, since Christmas. My pants do fit better, but I feel like everyday is a struggle.

Before I give up, does anyone have any tips or advice? I’m pretty sure I can’t last much longer. Also, I think about food a lot, and sometimes I think I’d rather not eat than have another steak. I feel like a failure for giving up again...

Sorry for the long post.
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 03:53

I still can’t add advice, I do not stick with it long. Would suggest you check in on the websites list back in #122 where the folks who do Zero Carb post. Shawn Baker's experiment group and some of the FB pages listed there. Most start off with their groups "rules" for zero carb, some don’t use cheese, as you know, most would advise dropping the sweet drink.

The fatty protein and 3 fistfuls of veggie works just as well for me (and the 3 veg is a max, none are required if you don’t want them) avoiding all faux breads, desserts, etc. Dr Naiman's MEAL (above) is also good.
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-18, 11:39
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Anne, it sounds to me like you need to eat more meat. This is a fairly common phenomenon when people start ZC; even petite women used to nibbling on salads find they can pack away several pounds (yes, pounds) of meat a day, especially at the beginning.

My advice to you would be to eat plenty, and eat more often. Don't worry about "overeating." It will all balance out.

Definitely drop the sweetened soda. It may seem harmless, but sweet tastes derail almost everybody.

Good luck! Glad you're giving it another try. (I've been ZC since 2009.)
  #130   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 11:49

Hot off the press, a new website, MeatHeals.
Mostly a collection of success stories, categorized by condition healed.
The About tab gives all the links anyone would need if interested in pursuing zero carb.

http://meatheals.com
  #131   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 09:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonRose
Anne, it sounds to me like you need to eat more meat. This is a fairly common phenomenon when people start ZC; even petite women used to nibbling on salads find they can pack away several pounds (yes, pounds) of meat a day, especially at the beginning.

An intriguing tip. It would explain how I have been having trouble. Mmmm. Feasting. I can do that
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 13:15

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Hot off the press, a new website, MeatHeals.
Mostly a collection of success stories, categorized by condition healed.
The About tab gives all the links anyone would need if interested in pursuing zero carb.

http://meatheals.com

Wow I've been reading this website with all kinds of interesting links and stories!

It has a list of LCHF doctors and found one in my area for DD3 since it says he primarily cares for young adults.

Everyone should read these stories, amazing!!
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 04:41

Many of these stories are long sagas in search of health with incremental moves from SAD, to low carb, to Keto, to carnivore. Reactions to the outcomes will be "that is crazy" to "I’ve got to try this". Everyone should at least read stories in the health category that applies to them...agree, amazing!
  #134   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 04:43

BF:

Thanks for sharing this, Janet, it has re-kindled my own interest in the subject.
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 12:46
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneChoco

Hello all, I was redirected here by ~Jey100.

A question for you all doing ZC. This is my second go at trying Zero Carb, but I just don’t think I can hack it.

I have not been totally ZC, I am still drinking an erythritol flavored drink a couple of times a day. I find that when I try to drink just water, I still feel hungry. I may feel full for about a 1/2 hour, but then I am hungry again, or my stomach seems unsettled, almost gurgly.

My usual meals have consisted of:

Breakfast: A package of bacon, or a few eggs with crumbled bacon and a little cheese. Usually 1 lb. of bacon, though.

Lunch: Sometimes skipped, sometimes 2 double quarter pounders from Mcds, or a Strip steak or ribeye with some butter.

Dinner: Steak or two with some butter. Sometimes skip dinner if had a big/late lunch.

Today I had to work and skip breakfast, so I had one erythritol beverage in the morning, and then at about 3 pm, I had a 12 oz. Ribeye at Longhorns. Got a bacon cheeseburger to bring home, and ate that around 4. Was still hungry so I made a 1/2 package of bacon. It’s almost 7, and I’m hungry and I feel like I could go eat a bag of cookies.

I’m about ready to quit and go back to Keto/LCHF. That has worked for me before, but I liked the simplicity of this, and people seem to have great results with it. I have lost about 8 lbs. so far, since Christmas. My pants do fit better, but I feel like everyday is a struggle.

Before I give up, does anyone have any tips or advice? I’m pretty sure I can’t last much longer. Also, I think about food a lot, and sometimes I think I’d rather not eat than have another steak. I feel like a failure for giving up again...

Sorry for the long post.

If you're on Facebook, there are at least three ZC Facebook groups: Principia Carnivora, Zero Carb Health and Zeroing In On Health. You must join the groups. One word of caution, they all of their militant points. I've never done strictly ZC, but have been inclined to it from time to time, with full days ZC mixed in with others. I left them because it was all too extreme. I ran afoul of one by recommending that a man with constipation might find some relief with a Magnesium supplement, which I've found quite helpful. This group did not believe in supplements, and only recommended more fat. Well I for one have had a bad experience by letting it go too long without relief and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Closed Thread