Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 13:26

Plan: 2 daily LC meals mostly
Stats: 198/000/149 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 404%

MissLori your WOE sounds great! I'm happy that you've found a way to eat heartily and still lose weight!

Keep it up!

SeaLady
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-11, 09:47

Plan: General low-carb/sugar
Stats: 185/185/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLady
MissLori your WOE sounds great! I'm happy that you've found a way to eat heartily and still lose weight!

Keep it up!

SeaLady

I'm guessing I'll have to buckle down a bit more as I go, but I feel good that I can lose weight at this point by just cutting back on carbs and sugar. I just have to be careful I don't get cocky about it, and eat more than I should!
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-11, 16:41

BF:

MissLori, yes, you will see that your weight will stabilize and you'll have to cut back more and see if that will start you losing again. My problem is going back to the losing part after being on maintenance for the past few months! I know how to lose but actually cutting back to do so will take some getting used to!

SeaLady
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-11, 19:52

Plan: Maintenance since 6/08
Stats: 250/189/195 Male 70 inches
BF:Not so much.
Progress: 111%

I don't count carbs anymore, I stopped doing that when I started maintenance. I just KNOW what is good for me and what isn't and I eat that way. I do the occasional splurge, but 'tis a very rare thing and I always have a weird reaction to it. I find it hard to sleep and get all sweaty and hot, so it is a Very rare thing for me. Atkins opened my eyes to how I was eating and my eyes are going to be wide open for the rest of my life.
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-11, 14:59

BF:

Poor little puppy.

SeaLady
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-12, 11:27

Plan: Ray Peat
Stats: 126/129/128 Female 5'7.25"
BF:
Progress: 150%

I don't really count anything just eyeball it. I stay away from pufas and try to eat small but frequent meals. Ihad drifted into high fat and am cutting that back some. This high fat made me gain. Also, I had added rice per the Perfect Health Diet which added weight. Am off the rice now.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-12, 19:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Boy I sure wished this thread was still going!!
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-12, 13:29

Plan: Ray Peat
Stats: 126/129/128 Female 5'7.25"
BF:
Progress: 150%

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris47
Boy I sure wished this thread was still going!!

Funny that as I read your post, I noticed the one above it, but without the name of the writer. I was thinking, "That's interesting. Sounds like me sort of." And it was me.

I've switched from thinking PHD was the way to go. I guess I had made the switch in December. Those starches didn't work for me at all. I had been off all grains including rice before I started reading PHD. I thought I'd follow along for the support but of course started to eat these huge meals with rice etc.

So, after gaining 10, I found Ray Peat which made more sense to me anyway. That's where I am now. As I said before, I have to watch the fats. I have to watch it all. As somebody else said, it's so easy to get overly confident and then up the amounts.

I actually find a big part of doing well is to NOT be a know-it-all. That is my tendency and it gets me every time.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-12, 17:00

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

I hate to admit it but I don't think I ever counted carbs. I just knew what I could eat and ate it when I was hungrey stopped when I was full. I decided this going to be my woe so what's the rush.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 13:17

BF:

Dmarie,

That's fascinating that you didn't count carbs to lose! Please post a sample day of eating- quantities,etc. if you will! You are a success story!

Thanks in advance!

SeaLady
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 13:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGogh
Funny that as I read your post, I noticed the one above it, but without the name of the writer. I was thinking, "That's interesting. Sounds like me sort of." And it was me.

I've switched from thinking PHD was the way to go. I guess I had made the switch in December. Those starches didn't work for me at all. I had been off all grains including rice before I started reading PHD. I thought I'd follow along for the support but of course started to eat these huge meals with rice etc.

So, after gaining 10, I found Ray Peat which made more sense to me anyway. That's where I am now. As I said before, I have to watch the fats. I have to watch it all. As somebody else said, it's so easy to get overly confident and then up the amounts.

I actually find a big part of doing well is to NOT be a know-it-all. That is my tendency and it gets me every time.

LOL thats funny! But sounds just like me! Maintence is such a bear isnt it? Im antsing to add carbs but will check out Ray Peat, I havent heard of him before. I have diabetes so I have to watch carbs anyway. Just some info I have read saying how we need them. At least some. Will check him out and glad to meet you!! Karen
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 13:38

BF:

Sealady I didnt count carbs after a few months. I knew what I could and could have and mostly went by my glucometer. If bg didnt go up I could eat it. If it did I couldnt eat that particular food.
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-12, 14:46

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

Sealady
breakfast;
3 eggs omlette with hamburger,spinach,onions and chedder cheese
dipped in sour cream
coffee

lunch;
skip it most of the time still full from breakfast

dinner;
steak ( 10 0z or more and the fatter the better)
veggie drenched in coconut oil

snack;
almonds or if I'm really hungry I'll make a muffin in minute,
coconnut bark

I really think just giving up sugar and processed food is the key
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-12, 04:07

BF:

Thanks for posting your sample day's eating plan dmarie! The food looks good! I, too, love coconut oil. I keep reading how it keeps alzheimers at bay. A good reason to add it to our daily foods!

SeaLady
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-12, 10:44

Plan: High protein/HIIT
Stats: 234/197/174 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default My favorite thread!

I'm 6 weeks into low carb and I've just found this thread. I started out quitting wheat and sugar to curb inflammation and arthritis, and I figured I would go Atkins to maximize weight loss. I've had a hard time believing in the Atkins parameters for long term. I am currently tracking everything so I can learn better portion control, but I look forward to moving on to a no counting low carb lifestlye for life. It's great to see so many on this thread with such great results.

Sean Braxton has a great website called undergroundwellness.com. I like his diet: JERF just eat real food.