Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-10, 22:16

Plan: CAD
Stats: 141/138/124 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default New and excited to begin

Hi

I got one of the last CAD books at Barnes and Noble this weekend. Apparently, the Carbohydrate Addicts books are no longer in print. But this plan looks marvelous. After a week of pigging out on Girl Scout cookies, with bloat, fatigue, constant hunger and unremitting cravings, I felt that I had to start dealing with this addiction!! I'm so surprised that I have felt satisfied with minimal carb cravings since changing the way that I eat.

I've been making eggs mixed with spinach in the mornings (in order to get in the veggies). How do the rest of you get vegetables into your breakfasts? Also, why are nuts not legal for CM's or snacks?

Metta
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-10, 23:56

Plan: either CAD/CALP or PP
Stats: 255/240/200 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metta
Hi

I got one of the last CAD books at Barnes and Noble this weekend. Apparently, the Carbohydrate Addicts books are no longer in print. But this plan looks marvelous. After a week of pigging out on Girl Scout cookies, with bloat, fatigue, constant hunger and unremitting cravings, I felt that I had to start dealing with this addiction!! I'm so surprised that I have felt satisfied with minimal carb cravings since changing the way that I eat.

I've been making eggs mixed with spinach in the mornings (in order to get in the veggies). How do the rest of you get vegetables into your breakfasts? Also, why are nuts not legal for CM's or snacks?

Metta

Hi, I started CAD/CALP today after a final weekend orgy of refined carbs. My partner made some of the eggs/spinach fritata for me.

Can't help you with your questions as i also want to know the answers - there is a nice chinese chicken salad at a cafe down the road but it does contain peanuts.

good luck
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 06:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/270/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:

I have been on CAD before and lost a considerable amount of weight. I am back on again and have lost 4 pounds already. It is the only diet for me.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 15:28
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi!

I can't do the veggies at breakfast- but other people tell me cucumbers, celery, and just plain leftovers from dinner do it for them.

The thinkg about nuts... nuts have carbs and are just not allowed in the CA plans. You can have them at RM.
Just try it...

and welcome!!!!
You can get all the Heller books on Amazon-

come and post and tell us all about you!!!
E
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 16:48

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Hi

Metta

I don't normally eat breakfast in the mornings but when I have a CM, I eat a combination of protein and vegetables. I hope you find that CAD is the right program for you to follow and welcome!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 16:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiz
Hi, I started CAD/CALP today after a final weekend orgy of refined carbs. My partner made some of the eggs/spinach fritata for me.

Can't help you with your questions as i also want to know the answers - there is a nice chinese chicken salad at a cafe down the road but it does contain peanuts.

good luck

Welcome! I would be careful about the chinese chicken salad for a CM since it probably contains other ingredients besides peanuts that are not allowed. I have been following this way of eating for two years and still enjoy refined carbs during my RMs!

Best of luck to you!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 17:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsha038
I have been on CAD before and lost a considerable amount of weight. I am back on again and have lost 4 pounds already. It is the only diet for me.

Welcome back! If you have followed this program before then I probably don't have to mention that it can not be a temporary lifestyle change if you want to remain in control. I wish you well!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-10, 21:47

Plan: CAD
Stats: 141/138/124 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Thank-you for all the welcomes!

I'm doing fine w/ CM's but eating too much sweets for RM's. I'm sure I'll figure this out. Sounds like people are having success w/ chromium. What type are you all taking?

Metta
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-10, 01:07

Plan: either CAD/CALP or PP
Stats: 255/240/200 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Thank-you for all the welcomes!

I'm doing fine w/ CM's but eating too much sweets for RM's. I'm sure I'll figure this out. Sounds like people are having success w/ chromium. What type are you all taking?

Metta

I have just purchased some Solaray GTF Chromium 200 mcg. Not sure if it will help but it wasn't expensive and I figured it was worth a shot.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-10, 10:19

BF:

I take the Solgar GTF Trivalent Chromium which is sugar, salt and starch free. It is the one that is listed in the book and I am lucky to be able to get it at my local health food store. It contains 20 mcg and I only take one a day after I drink my two cups of coffee.