Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Would I Make A Free Call for Future Access to Liquid Splenda?
Yes, Right Away! 413 79.27%
As Soon As I Can... 67 12.86%
Maybe Next Week... 27 5.18%
Absolutely Not! 14 2.69%
Voters: 521. You may not vote on this poll

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 12:53

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Hi Judi,

Want to offer my support and if madpiano doesn't mind and takes you up on the offer I would like to have a package of splenda too if she or any others would like to be included, we could split the cost.

Let me know if postage and costings are expensive as I use a really good courier company through work and they might do me a deal if I ask nicely

Thanks for all you efforts with this and if I could I'd phone up too, we don't have any decent sugar substitutes here

Bez

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 15:43
Registered Member

Plan: Easy Low Carb Living
Stats: 158/118/120
BF:
Progress: 105%
Default Done

From one island gal to another - I will call right away, will also visit the website.
thanks
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 16:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247.5/241/150
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Liquid Splenda!

I'm in the US... and we can't get it anywhere.. I called the online vendor that I purchased it from previously, and she told me they had an order pending and hoped to have it back in stock by Christmas.

I'm just glad I bought 3 bottles last time!.... EBAY anyone? LOL

Actually, I wouldn't give it up... I'll have to use it more sparingly.

Thanks for the info.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 16:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

LadyRider!

Welcome aboard. I just love your sig, very creative!

Wa'il
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 17:33

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%

Here's the US number: 1-800-777-5363
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 01:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Cool

Greetings, Earl/Bez! The same applies as in my post to madpiano... I can't do any estimating without a mailing address, and you can reach me with such private stuff either by clicking on the logo below (there's a contact email address on the webpage attached to the LCFE logo) or PMing me here on the forum.

As for you and madpiano getting together, hmmmmm, interesting notion but are you in the same region, never mind city, in the UK?

ps: thanks, PatHawk!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-01, 06:48
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/259.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default I asked.

Though, I went to the website and e-mailed my request.

Funny though, it did not give me a message saying it got my message, it took me back to my post. I checked to make sure that I filled in the required fields. Just to be safe I sent it again!

Elihnig
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-01, 23:17

Plan: PPP
Stats: /////////// Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Thanks for the number

Hi Judy,

I phoned in shortly after I read your original post. The woman gave me the information about liquid Splenda being unavailable except from Brazil and explained that it would be extremely expensive to buy in Canada. She wanted to know how much I would be willing to pay for it. This sounds to me as if they are at least listening and considering.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 11:36

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22

Hello Island Girl...from one to another....What is the benifit of liquid splenda...verses the powder form? I have the powder form...and like it for making sweets.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Talking hey there

Hi, Lilwannabe, the important difference is that there are zero (none, nada, zilch, diddly squant) carbs in the liquid versus the carbs used in the filler for ALL packets or measure-for-measure ("powder") sweeteners. Example: 1 Cup of Splenda powder, used in baking, is 24 carbs. Liquid equivalent is zero.

This is probably more important to those on the lower carb programs (CALP is not so rigorous) or those that are more sensitive to maltodextrin...

Hope that helps.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 12:21

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22

Well Thank you...Now I know
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 18:11

Stats: 175/161/147
BF:
Progress: 50%

I live in the UK, so can't easily participate in your phone poll.

However I e-mailed Splenda last week.

I got very cross when I couldn't get hold of Carbolite brand sweetener, which is Splenda without the carbs (they used fibre as filler instead of Maltodextrin). So having complained to Carbolite about them discontinuing their sweetener (their reply - 'It was not a good seller"), I started on Splenda for their liquid sweetener.

I got the following reply from Splenda:

"At this time, neither a liquid nor a tablet form is available in the U.S. for home use.
I will forward your request to our Sales & Marketing Department."

If anyone else wants to e-mail Splenda the reply address on the e-mail is: --Send a PM--. The phone no on the e-mail is 1-800-777-5363.

I only have one box of Carbolite sweetener left - what chances Splenda come through before it is finished!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 08:37

Stats: 178/163/135
BF:
Progress:
Default RE:liquid Splenda

I went to their web site at http://www.splenda.com and filled out a customer comment card, which is another way to get the message across that we want it in liquid form. I have also started using erythritol, which is available in granular form and contains zero carbs. I think it may be about the same $ as using the liquid Splenda. The erythritol is grainier than Splenda and costs twice as much as powder Splenda, but it is worth it to me when I want to avoid carbs in the things I make. It is available at www.carberschoice.com and at www.beyond-a-century.com if anyone is interested.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 03:08

Stats: 265/245/150 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I just emailed my request. I never knew that a liquid form would be zero carb. Now i'm interested.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 15:37

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Default Splenda availability?

I just bought my first box of Splenda yesterday. I could only find the packets.... But I tried it in my coffee this morning and it was pretty good. Now does it have any side-effects? And if it's made from sugar, then how come it has no or less than 1 carb? Also, I live in California, is it available in other forms than the packets. I've copied down some recipes from this website and want to try them. But I can't find the baking kind of Splenda. I will be waiting for the U.S. toll free number and will call to make let them know we want more availability. Thanks for the info!! Victoria