Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-24-11, 08:51
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 150/143/120 Female 64''
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default New and Lovin' It

Hi everyone,

I'm new to CADing and LCing. I've been lurking since I started last week, waiting to see if it was something that I would stick to and I definitely will. I'm shocked at how easy and effective this diet is!

Some info about me--

7 years of undiagnosed hypothyroidism led to major muscle atrophy, bad general shape, bad eating habits, etc.

I only have the CAD book, not CALP, and I'm probably doing more of that plan but I do try to balance RMs and always have salad with it. Yet, I feel like I am probably eating more carbs in my RM than I see many of the posters talking about. Mostly desserts: ice cream & cookies. What attracted me to this diet was the freedom with carbs in the RM because I would never even allow myself to consider LC diets in the past because I couldn't imagine a way I could do it.

Also, I don't have a scale yet. I was hovering around 150 when I last weighed myself last month. 150lbs. that I didn't wear well! I have definitely lost weight from the fit of my clothes, but the 3 pounds is an estimate until I buy a scale.

I am about two months into a power yoga routine, 4-5 times a week and I highly recommend it for people who aren't into pounding, high impact exercise.

Mainly, I want to say hello and join in on the conversation.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-24-11, 09:17
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power-modified
Stats: 95/103/98 Female 59inches
BF:?/?/18%
Progress: 267%

Hello. May I ask if you count calories/carbs?? If so what are your targets?? Good luck
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-24-11, 10:30
Registered Member

Stats: 150/143/120 Female 64''
BF:
Progress: 23%

I don't count carbs. From what I understand, that isn't a part of CAD. However, breakfast and lunch are very restricted carbs, mainly proteins and fats. I don't count calories. Yet. I imagine as I get further into the diet, I may have to modify to keep getting weight loss, but right now, I just follow the CAD plan as it is in the book.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-24-11, 12:11
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power-modified
Stats: 95/103/98 Female 59inches
BF:?/?/18%
Progress: 267%

Following the book is great. Especially in the beginning of a new plan and then modifications usually come when you figure out how your body responds to certain things.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-24-11, 14:43
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi!!! Welcome to CAD/CALP!! I had the same kind of reaction when I started- I felt 'normal' for the first time in 15 years. It was like a dream- the weight just came off - and it was easy and I felt great. That was almost 8 years ago.

Do yourself a favor- get one of the other books too- either CALP or CAHHP. Just look on AMazon- they are cheap. It was a big help to me to read more and more.

and please come over to post on the hour power- and post lots.

If you don't have a scale but want to track your progress, you can also measure your body. Just pick the places you want to measure.

and again-
HI!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-25-11, 11:23

Stats: 165/165/000 Female 5"2'
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
If you don't have a scale but want to track your progress, you can also measure your body. Just pick the places you want to measure.

This is a good idea. I think I'll do this instead of weighing every day.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-25-11, 14:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I think that's a good idea- hi Fitmom!
I saved one pair of jeans (size 17!) and wish I had measured. I did weigh, so I know what I lost. I think I actually weighed a bit more
when I started CALP, but this is a number that I knew for sure when I got on this site. The GOAL weight of 150 was what I weighed when I joined the site- and I felt like I had achieved my goal. I never expected to continue to lose.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-30-11, 08:16

Stats: 167/150/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I love your attitude! GL to you!