Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 08:07

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/146/135
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default new to CAD

i am 33 years old, 5'9' and weigh 146. I would like to get to 135 and just started the CAD. I excercise 5 days a week on the home gym and the elliptical. Here is my picture. Help me with support.
Sorry it is so big.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0087.jpg (47.2 KB, 84 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 12:33

Plan: CALP
Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Wow! looking good already!

Yes, I know ,it is all just a matter of perspective, but many of us on this forum would LOVE to be your weight!!

As to support, welcome jess188.
You will find support here!
If you are following CAD, try to get hold of the Heller's newer book with updated info. It could make the difference for you.
Try 'Carbohydrate addict's lifespan Program" or Carbohydrate Addict's Healthy Heart".
Both book outline some important changes the Heller's have made to the original CAD diet.
I'm sure you will find the diet enjoyable and simple to do.
I've only been on it about 9 days and I think it is something that I could easily do my whole life.
Another valuable thing to do is to start a journal in the journal section. That way you can record what you eat, frustrations and successes AND other people can reply with encoragement and support!
see ya
kezza
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 06:43

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default You look great but

You look great but I know what you mean by having a few extra lbs on .We'll give you all the support you need . I'm midway between my 4th week on the diet and you may lose it slowly this way but it does seem to come off. Make sure you do the weight chart so you can see how you do and don't stop when you reach your final goal. Keeping it off is a constant battle.I would love to be 135 again and I'm 64 yrs. old tomorrow. My daughter is also Cad dieting.You'll probably hear from her also.Keep up the good work and rewards will come. Wawtigress