Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 18:37
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Oh yeah, very hard to get preggers with low thyroid. I'm going through a period of readjusting my thyroid meds, I think they're wrong right now... too low. I had my thyroid removed 17 or so years ago because of Graves disease.

Getting thyroid dosed correctly can be a biatch. I think I've been under dosed for most of the time I've been on them. Lots of interesting stuff in the thyroid section if you're concerned.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 03:55
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Making it isn't really the problem, it's just that the setup and clean up time is so much,

Grrr. See next post! I flubbed this one and cannot delete it!

~Kimberly
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 03:58
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Making it isn't really the problem, it's just that the setup and clean up time is so much,

Get yourself a stick blender. (I prefer Braun!)

I make my own mayonnaise in about 5 minutes flat and clean up in 3.

Here's the recipe I use, BUT: I use a stick blender for all of this, instead of a whisk.
Mayonnaise Recipe Link

Works like a charm!

Happy Mayonnaise!
~Kimberly
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 18:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/187/160 Male 5'9"
BF:More/ than I /like
Progress: 59%

kimberlyw;
A stick blender is one of the items on my 'like to get' list, though it isn't a priority right now. Your recipe sounds interesting, I may use parts of it, though I like the recipe I currently use because it uses whole eggs. I find egg separating is a nusiance, and I never seem to have a use for the leftover bits. I take the lazy way out and look for recipe's that call for the complete egg which solves the problem. (and yes I do have an egg separator)

Nancy LC;
MGW still has a thyroid gland, it just doesn't do enough... However the last couple sets of tests (after she has been on the meds) came back with levels in the normal range, so hopefully they have her on the right dose. It took them several months, as they started her on one pill, did another test a month later, and upped the dosage when it was still low. They seem to have stopped playing with the dose, so I guess they are happy now.

She hasn't been on the prolactin suff as long, I think she has only had one test w/ results in the 'normal' range. The pills are tiny, and she only has to take one every couple days, but she says they are REAL expen$ive.. We are continuing to exercise regularly, hopefully one of these days we'll get lucky...

Gooserider