Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Low Carb benefits for Women

Recently I've been noticing low carb recommended for different health problems aside from issues that result from obesity or weight gain. The "ketogenic" diet has been studied for quite some time for children with seizures. Somehow, a high fat diet seems to help decrease the frequency of seizures. Tonight, I was watching a health show about pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and they talked about the benefits of a low carb diet for this health problem. So I looked it up online, and sure enough, the first site I found talked about people having success with low-carb. (http://www.pcos.net/lowcarbdiet.html) I'm guessing as time goes on and more research is done, we are going to hear more and more about the different health benefits of low-carb. What really gets me is all of the low carb naysayers. Are they just not watching the news at all?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 18:48
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

That's great news. Thanks for sharing.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 20:04

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I am someone who has PCOS. It caused my periods to be very irregular. I mean I could go 3-4 months without having one. Now that I have been low carbing for almost 10 months, I am more regular than ever.

It does work.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 21:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Lets see in my family I have found numerous benifits.
For myself, high blood pressure is controlled, sleeping habits are better ,I don't fly off the handle anymore when life throws those little side kicks and I am more relaxed and less stressed.
For my teenage daughter when she follows the atkins, I find she doesn't go throw those black moods and is way happier. Has a better outlook on life etc. Lack of sugar is definantly a good thing.
Just for those things I will stay on atkins for the rest of my life.
angie
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 21:14

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%

My favorite health benefit is that I don't get Yeast Infections anymore. Haven't had one in over a year and a half, and I used to get one every couple of months.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 22:20

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have consider myself hypoglycemic, regardless of what my negative test results say. I do not have the shaky episodes that I once had. I have no migraines although I will sometimes experience that migraine kind of blindness. When the blindness occurs, it clears up on its own without becoming a headache within a half hour. I don't have a constantly itchy back.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 22:24

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
I have consider myself hypoglycemic, regardless of what my negative test results say. I do not have the shaky episodes that I once had. I have no migraines although I will sometimes experience that migraine kind of blindness. When the blindness occurs, it clears up on its own without becoming a headache within a half hour. I don't have a constantly itchy back.

Exactly the same results my hypoglycemic boyfriend has had. He hasn't had a migraine in 2 years AND he doesn't get "googly" when he has to wait a little extra time between meals.