Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 21:06

Plan: The Atkins Diet, CAD and CALP
Stats: 260/242.1/235
BF:
Progress: 72%
Post Halfway through induction and banned from the scales...

Well, I've made it through the first 7 days of induction, however, today I started to feel a little discouraged -- so, my hubby banned me from the scales until Sunday, and then only once every Sunday thereafter so I can log my progress...UGH!!

The reason is, I got a little frustrated due to my weight. See, the first four days I dropped a pound a day. Then, since Tuesday (day 5), I've been fluctuating back and forth between 254 and 256. Plus, besides just stepping on the scale every morning, I would be tempted to step on it in the evenings prior to bed -- now that's frustration. I'd go from 254-256 in the AM to 257-260 in the PM, why??!! Others I've talked with have been able to have the same weight (within a pound or two) day or night, but not me.

I've also been working (exercise) my tail off in the yard the last three days. I haven't cheated, my ketones are purple (yea, I'm drinking plenty of water...no chance of drought around here...a flood perhaps), and I'm not starving myself -- if I'm hungry, I eat...if I'm not, I don't. The fact is, my appetite has dropped significantly, especially since I've been doing yardwork. I guess I'm just anxious...who knows.

I have dropped an inch or so in my measurements, and my (excuse me) bra feels a little weird and I've taken it in a notch, so I know something is happening. I have loads more energy (almost to the point of being hyper at times), I'm sleeping better, and I feel great. So, what gives?!

As the saying goes, "this to shall pass" -- hopefully sooner than later. I'd really love to hit the 10 lb. mark by the end of induction. In the meantime, I'll "stay the course" and try not to drive myself buggy.

Any suggestions/input or "been there, done that" scenerios are truly welcome. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 02:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%
Smile Hi!

I'm with your 'other half' on this one- stay away from the scales! I did exactly the same and ended up getting so hung up on my actual weight, when otherwise I was feeling fantastic. I'm down to once a day now, but I try not to take them too seriously!

Are you sure you're eating enough? I still find it hard sometimes to make sure I eat enough carbs- I've nowhere near the appetite I had in the old days!

By the way, I 'only' lost 4lbs in my first week too, & I was thrilled! And if your measurements are down that proves things are happening anyway.

Have you started a journal? I find it useful, and I often like to have a nose through other journals to check out recipes, tips & just general stuff. I'm a nosy person I guess!

Keep up the good work, though!

Take care, Daisy

#3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 06:07

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default HI SAM---

My weight also goes from 3-5 lbs from AM to PM. All that water and the food HAS to make a difference! I weigh daily but I really pay attention to the weekly numbers--- and sometimes averaging the numbers is better--- everybody fluctuates. YOU DON'T NEED TO GET DISCOURAGED---- so perhaps once a week is best for you.
Keep up the good work!!!
Ellie
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 09:15

Plan: pp
Stats: 149/136/125
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile

I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one who's weight can fluctuate between 3-5 lbs from am to pm. I too was getting a bit discouraged with the increase on the scale. I have made a promise to myself that I will only look at the morning weight and not worry about what the scale says later in the day. As long as the morning weight is changing (going down hopefully not up) I will celebrate that.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 07:48

Plan: The Atkins Diet, CAD and CALP
Stats: 260/242.1/235
BF:
Progress: 72%
Cool Moving on...

I'm doing much better now. Thank you so much for your support. Today I feel great...and lighter...I won't be weighing in and measuring till the AM, so I won't know for sure what's happened till then. My appetite has definitely taken a plunge. I forget about lunch sometimes, however, I make sure I grab a little something to cut the edge. And a tablespoon of PB is a healthy and quick carb boost if I feel I need it. Otherwise, its all low-carb with some veges thrown in. Since I've been over here in 'Introductions' for the first week, I decided it was time I moved to a more permenent group, so if you want to hear more from me, check out 'Triple Digits' because that's where I'll be.

Thank you and God bless you all.