Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-07, 18:01

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Pumpkin Spice Cookies

I adapted a regular recipe, and the result was a success with my family. These are a good cookie for the season.

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour substitute (I used 1/2 cup each of coconut flour, ground golden flax seed, hazelnut meal, oat bran, and rice bran)
1 ts baking powder and 1 ts baking soda
1/2 ts salt
2 1/2 ts cinnamon
3/4 ts nutmeg
1/2 ts cloves
1 large egg
1/2 cup soft butter
1 ts blackstrap molasses
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 ts vanilla
1 cup granular Splenda
1/2 cup granular erythritol

Whisk together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, cream together the wet stuff, and beat the splenda and erythritol into it. Stir the wet and dry together, and bake on a cookie sheet (I used parchment paper to line it) at 350 degrees til they feel done (but will still be soft and moist), which in my oven was about 20 minutes for good-sized cookies.

These don't spread, so when you plop them on the sheet, you can space them closely, and slightly flatten them on the sheet. When baked and cooled, they are quite moist and cake-like cookies, and just a little bit crumbly/tender. Very tasty.

I made a runny glaze by mixing some powdered erythritol with a little vanilla, some Da Vinci spice flavoured syrup, and some heavy cream. I drizzled this on the cookies when fresh from the oven (on a rack, so the excess glaze will drip off) and after they cooled, you couldn't see much glaze but they had a nice flavour. But the cookies were also a hit plain, if you don't want to mess with the glaze. I think I'd like them with some dried cranberries or walnuts in them, too, but my son wanted this first batch to be plain.

If you make 3 dozen from the batch, each cookie will have between 2-3 net carbs, so not bad. A good treat with a mug of coffee or tea.

Hope you enjoy!

Lene'
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-07, 23:32

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

This sounds lovely. Thanks for the recipe.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 11:48

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks -- they really are yummy. I checked my BG after eating 3 last night with a cup of whole milk, and no problems on that front, either, thank goodness.

BTW, I dearly love and miss Calvin and Hobbes! Nice sig line. <g>

Lene'