Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-18, 20:09

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default New Low-Carb store bought Pizza

This is a new Low-carb pizza just on the market I think because I've never seen it before.

The bottom crust is a flat chicken breast and the toppings come in several types. It looks exactly like a regular pizza and tastes amazing especially since I haven't had pizza in 4 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0oxEdGd08

https://realgoodfoods.com/product/mixedcases/

Each Pizza has 2 servings. This are the stats for 1/2 a pizza and yes I ate the whole thing

Last edited by Meme#1 : Fri, Mar-16-18 at 20:26.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-18, 21:25

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

I heard about this on Jimmy Moore's podcast. I intend to try it. Glad you liked it.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-18, 21:33

BF:

I am just so happy to find some new low-carb prepared food in the store that is actually really good...

That just shows that low-carb is going mainstream more and more. I would bet that these are flying off the shelf because as frozen food goes, you can only eat so many Adkins meals, not that I really eat them very often but it's good to know there is something else....more choices!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 11:06

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Those do look like they'd be good. Not as a regular thing because, of course, this is a step towards "processed foods" but maybe for special occasions or something I could stock in the freezer for Hubby to fix for himself when I'm out of town.

I looked at the site to see where I could purchase them locally. Only retail store mentioned that is anywhere near my area is Walmart. But a search on Walmart.com doesn't show the RealGood low-carb pizzas. Walmart may be carrying other RealGood products but may not yet be stocking these. And even once they have them on Walmart.com, who knows if my local Walmart will carry them.

Guess I'll just have to make a trip into Walmart to look for them... and maybe ask the store manager to stock them.

Thanks for the tip.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 11:24

BF:

DH found them at Kroger in the specialty food area at the end of the produce section at our store. It was in a stand alone freezer in that area.
I also saw them at Sprouts Market which might only be in Austin..too far to go.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 12:16

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Unfortunately, the nearest Kroger's Market to me is about 75 miles away! This part of Texas is dominated by HEB.

There are Sprouts Markets in Austin but I avoid going into Austin any more than I absolutely have to b/c the traffic has become so horrendous. Pretty much "rush hour" type traffic 24 hrs/day. I'd almost rather drive clear to Bryan-College station than into Austin.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 12:25

BF:

Well that's good that Wal-mart has them now too!
When DH first brought them home I was skeptical but they're good! Just the right amount of tomato sauce, cheese and my fav was loaded with cheese, peperoni, onion, green pepper, sausage. With the bed of a nice round pressed flat piece of chicken, you would swear you were eating a real pizza! It says each personal size pizza has 2 servings but I ate all of it and I was stuffed.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-18, 17:55

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

I would try it based on your comments. Closest store to me is 25 miles away. I will wait until they get them someplace closer.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-18, 04:54

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

There is a store locator on their website:
https://realgoodfoods.com/store-locator/
Also at some Vitamin Shoppes ? mine doesn’t have frozen foods, but haven’t been in one in ages.

I love HEB, my DD recently visited Austin and brought me their reusable Lone Star grocery bag. Showing my Texas pride in Trader Joe's now