Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2356   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 19:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco your trip sounds so cool!!! love you guys got one of the 6 tables you can chug chug chug along in comfort! Not a train fan but those fancy comfort trains, hmm, maybe but I was stuck on that Smokey Mt train ride for like 4 hrs and it was torture if ya ask me LOL long ago but I remember that ride well and still shrug up the shoulders and that train gave me the willies for sure

Blue, very smart, catch bigger dreams by giving up the smaller ones like a coat and saving on hair cuts etc. Money needs to go on the important stuff that really gives an impact to your life and that couch, hey that is what is important truly for the new home! I so get ya on that thinking!

Jaz yea we have full bathroom. shower included and it is fab

SO HAPPY you are putting the M in her place and not letting this slide and being the quiet person and just let it happen. Sometimes we have to fight to truly win a battle and not let things slide to easily for the other to walk all over us.....proud you are tackling this problem with HR!

Lori, a light jacket... oh my goodness don't be saying that right now LOL I am in my glory in this hot 90s heat. Am getting a fab tan right now to the max. Am a tan lover

Hope you do well in your golf....let us know if the 80+ took ya down HAHA

Hi Middlemist

what type of lc are you doing? any plan or just cutting carbs?
we chat everything here so jump in and chat away. welcome!

You don't have much to lose now for your goal, did you come from a higher weight than that in the beginning? just wondering. It is hard to hold a 'diet plan' for life....no doubt about that, but we have to just keep reminding ourselves it is a 'lifestyle' change forever and we might just make it happen and hold plan and keep the lbs off

see ya'll, so darn tired now

leave in the morning, about 5 hr drive home....check in later after tons of laundry start happening
Sponsored Links
  #2357   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 04:37

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Blue- sounds like you already know what you are going to do about the couch. When is the actual move for you? Would you wait to get the couch until you move? Or are you going to get it now and enjoy it for a few months in the house?

You are so right- Karma can be a bitch or your best friend! So the PLAN of ACTION. I got a call from R- Cruellas direct boss yesterday. She she will have to meet with her boss for 1:1- for the next 4 weeks to review her BEHAVIOR for the week. She also has now an open case against her in HR. It will be reflected in her record that she has been in a corrective action plan. That alone makes ME smile.

I know it could seem like I am loving the fact she is in trouble. I am not. I just could not put up with her abuse anymore. I have taken a step back to think about it. Her behavior is abusive. Her boss referred to her ask Jeckal &Hyde. So the leadership KNOWS what she is. I do not know WHY she is still there. I am stumped.
Yesterday she knew that her boss was calling me. she was SWEET as could be. I know it takes alot of energy out of her to be nice.
I was leaving and saw her with her head in her hands. I feel better about it- she will leave me alone- at least for awhile anyway. that is the cycle of an abuser. They go through a "remorseful" phase.

Nic- so how was the play? How long are you staying? Have you done any shopping? I know you are not a shopping hound! But you are in NYC!!!!! I would get SOMETHING!!!!
How was dinner out? DETAILS!!!!!!!

TRIG- Are you back yet? Still loving the lake? A full bathroom- SWEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! How is your WOE going? I know you said you wanted to get into lose mode!
No kidding on the kiddo looking so grown up. You are so right these kids these days do look so grown up so fast! They don't stay little long!

Lori- Your coffee sounds yummy. I know you and BLUE love your ICED coffee. I just can't get into that. HOWEVER, I see these gals walking around with those 1500 cal coffee shakes from Starbucks and they look wonderful. I have never had one. I think the closest I ever came was a Mocha shake from Arby's when I was young. I wonder if they even make those any more. I use to love those.
So I would bet your iced coffee would be something along those lines.
I might try it. So put it in fridge, add ice and coconut milk? I am not ready for powder in it. but I MIGHT give it a go- what the heck. It's LC, with a jolt! Can I use the left over coffee?
So Lori are you still doing the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar in th morning? You add yours to water and just gulp it down right?
You still doing mostly KETO? You rarely talk about your food! HAHAHAHA
When are you leaving for your sisters?
--------------------------------------------------------------
I love my Fridays!!!!!!!! Happy Friday Ladies!!!!! I wanted to start a conversation about the movie "I feel Pretty"- So the just of the movie- Amy Shumer is in it- and is at the gym as a "heavy" girl. She hits her head and sees herself as now thin and pretty- so she then becomes all the things she felt she wasn't. She became successful, finds love, and lands the perfect job. then being predictable she hits her head again and goes back to seeing herself as "fat" again.
I liked certain things about the movie- yet I felt it sorta had some fat shaming message in it. Anyone seen it?

Gotta run!
  #2358   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 05:35

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 148/145/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hey ladies, I am trying to do vlc apart from weekends when am with friends or family so I will add veg at weekends, I am also trying to read more of this thread to get to know you... but hard for me atm as I have a wrist injury, they suspect a fracture, but am not sure as I have almost no pain (it was very painful the first 3 days, then the pain is gone)
I am wearing a soft cast atm... in a week time they will take more images and let me know the action plan.
So not easy for me to type long posts... will write short ones for now
  #2359   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 12:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi All,

I'm having a "blah" day today. I just have no motivation to do anything active. I'm in such a rut here. My food is very boring....same thing day after day and then eating ice cream when I know I shouldn't. Quite disgusted with myself, if you want to know the truth. Feeling like a "busted can of biscuits" with this roll around my waist. Sure doesn't stop me from eating the ice cream though! Sorry.....I'm just writing this out hoping it will give me the kick in the a$$ that I need.

Yes..the 80+ year old beat me at golf yesterday. I played very well(for me), but she was making long putts and just generally played better. We were close till the last couple holes and then the wheels came off for me. Not upset about it......silly game. I'm going to play tomorrow morning with my friends.

I'm leaving at 6AM on Sunday to head to my sister's. I know we're going to have her 11 year old granddaughter a couple of the days I'm there, so that will keep us busy. I do need to go to the Nordstrom Rack store near her to return an item I got in the mail today. I have been wanting a denim jacket, but the one I ordered is too small. I ordered another one from Amazon Prime Wardrobe, so we'll see how that one fits. Free returns if it doesn't.

Sorry this was an all about me wah, wah, wah post. That's why I didn't post first thing this morning like normal....woke up in this foul mood. No one to blame but myself....it's all about my eating and lack of exercise. Both of those can be fixed....I just need do get my sh!t correct!!

Thanks for listening....you all are the best. I think I might explode if I didn't have this forum to unload to. Lord knows DH would not understand any of this babbling.

((Hugs))
  #2360   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 17:48

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Trig---Full bathroom in the RV! Yeah, now that's what I call great camping. Really is a home on the road, and every fascinating place you put down stakes for a bit.

When I was growing up we camped a bit. None of the fancy stuff available today, but we had a 12 man canvas tent that was quite luxurious for the times. Screens all around it, and a "room divider"---back was for sleeping, front was for playing games or eating if it rained, or just hanging out. My mother, not the camping type at all, but a very good sport, made those trips unforgettable w/her fireside cooking. She would bring homemade pies and cookies, maybe a lasagna. Or, she would cook amazing things over the fire. Dang she was good at that. Such sweet memories. She made a camping lover out of me, even though she wasn't always so wild about it herself.

MM---If you read far back enough, like a little over a week, you'd see that I too hurt my wrist in a fall. Lucky me, I was due at my brother's house that night for dinner, and both he and my SIL are doctors. Got the wrist examined, diagnosis sprain at least. Possibly a slight fracture, but treatment is the same either way. Soft cast. AND I got the soft cast, which my SIL had on hand from her Carpal Tunnel surgery.

Close to two weeks later and it is much better, but not totally there. I intend to wear the wrist cuff for support for at least another week. Baby that wrist, ice pack a couple times a day helps. It is easy to re-wound it, as I did. Went over a pothole driving and the wheel threatened to go left into oncoming traffic, so I jerked it back hard w/sprained wrist hand. No time to think. Not serious, but hurt and got sore and a bit swollen again. And that was WITH the cuff. SO again, while it's tempting to think it's so much better keep babying it and keep the cuff on till you're sure you're healed. I'd hate to think of how bad it could have hurt had I not been wearing that cuff.

(((((Lori)))))---Don't worry about chatting about feeling a bit down. You hardly ever complain, and the blah blues get to all of us some days.

Seems to me you are on the down side of a cycle. Before Scotland you had an exercise goal and your worked it hard. Exercise is a great reliever of the blahs. I think after all that effort it is quite natural to let go a bit, plus you completed the goal, which takes away our edge. AND, you're in exercise transition having given up the routine of boot camp, and looking for new ways to work your body.

And, LC eating can get very monotonous for many of us if you don't keep up the effort to make it interesting. And that takes energy. SO BEEN THERE, pal. IMO, doesn't matter what they call it---low bio rhythms, blahs, whatever, it is cyclical. But Your good cycles seem to run very long, and I think you'll turn around and you'll be there again. Hang in there hon. This too shall pass.

Jaz---Fellow Cheshire Cat checking in, LOL. Loved every word about what "Plan of Correction" means. She is a lucky woman to get so many chances. Heh, I swear I am well behaved sometimes simply because I just know I'd never get away with what she has, and I know many places where she wouldn't have either. Yeah, don't understand why she is still there, except again, in corporate these days HR goes pretty far to avoid any law suits, particularly if you're a woman or you're older, or both.

On the iced coffee thing. Don't know what just plain coffee iced would be like, because cold brewed is much more roasty tasting. It's not hard to do, ha, specially if someone else does it for you. But Lori does it, and she can tell you how. But I'll tell you one thing, my cold brew shakes w/the vanilla protein powder, and cream and a couple of drops of sweetener is every bit as good as any of those in a Starbucks cup, lots cheaper, and LC.

Can't remember---know you have issues w/cheese. Can you do cream? Also, I know you had an adverse reaction to the protein powder you sent me (thank you again, loved it) but the one Lori recommended to me, might be different for you. MRM is the label. Also, sometimes your body needs to adjust to these things, although often my shakes do prompt a bathroom visit, but I welcome this as it's not out of control, and on LC one often struggles with the opposite.

HAHAHA. I'm now the protein shake pusher it seems. But really, after re-reading Dr. Eades yesterday I was reminded of the importance of both protein AND saturated fat in a LC woe. The cream is great for the latter.

Have not seen "I feel pretty." Fun concept though. From your description, I get the your question about "fat shaming." Which no one should do to another, but let's face it, most of us do to ourselves at one point or another. I don't think anyone should stand in judgement over this, but I do think we all simply feel better when we're hauling less around. Thing is, shame is the last thing that works when it comes to weight, imo, either from others or ourselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit of a blue/blah day myself. Work is at a standstill, as I finished all those small new projects. And now I must look for more, and boy, do I hate that. Will grab myself by the boot heels next week and make some more efforts. But I have to remind myself, this is why we are changing our lives and moving---to be more free of the worry and pressure.

Although not entirely free. We are going to have to keep cutting expenses, and we've already made good efforts towards that, but we're going to have to keep on going. My Achilles Heel is I love to go out for a bite w/my pals, I just really like eating out. Have to either do it less or find a way to curtail what I order. My other soft spot is travel. Will somehow find a way to make room for at least some of that, but it will mean cutting down other places.

Used to have a love affair with clothing. But when I cleaned out my wardrobe and gave away over half of it, I saw how much I really don't need more, and right now, other than the on sale $8 top at Target, I'm not buying a thing.

Finally, our new home. Yeah, I want a couple things to make it special. Still arguing w/myself over that.

Anywho, other than all those worries and thoughts, it was a good enough day. Also, an on plan day. Jaz---my sweet spot used to be between 20 and 30 net carbs a day, but you're right, for now it's between 30 and 50 Net carbs. Funny though, I lost the great bulk of my weight exactly there. Getting to my low took going down to 20 NCs a day. I think those days are over for me, at least as a lifestyle, but one never knows.

These days instead of counting carbs as obsessively as I used to count calories, I'm looking for what WORKS right now. I know it cannot be what once was, or I'll blow up like a balloon. I know being a carb hound NEVER goes away, and I have to keep it on a chain.

It's the length of that chain that changes, and that I experiment with now, in challenging times.
  #2361   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 18:06

BF:

OMG- the 80+ busted your butt at your fav game and you feel like a can of busted can of biscuits? Dang- sucks- play SAD SONGS- WALLOW IN MISERY. CRY- watch a miserable movie. Pour stiff drink LC
But DON"T eat-

Then tomorrow- get up- put on your favorite top, lipstick, brush your self off. Put on some upbeat music- look in the mirror and affirm you are beautiful- and it's a new day!!!!!!!!! Take a minute tomorrow and pull out that gratitude list. Find 5 things you are grateful for. Hug your Miss Kitty, KISS your husband, and make yourself a great cup of coffee. Take a walk and START OVER.

That is exact what I do. I wallow for a minute- then get right back up. You can too. Whining in great- then tomorrow is a new day! But a new day-
FAST for a jump start! You can do this!

Nic- in transit/ Trig in transit/ Kmom traveling- dang- slow thread!
I was going to go out and listen to music tonight. Tired. Friday nights are a rest night. I don't know how people my age go out and party all night - or get their night STARTED like at 10. But tons of people do. I will be almost in bed- usually 1030 on the weekend

Going to Greenville tomorrow
GARMIN ORDERED!!!!!!!! here in 2 days
  #2362   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 19:01

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quick check in from me with a longer one tomorrow. We are back. Tired! Picked up the dogs and going to be going to bed early. The train going back was crowded so no awesome table, and internet was so slow I gave up within the first five minutes.

See you tomorrow!
  #2363   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 03:00

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 148/145/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:)
Hi All,

I'm having a "blah" day today. I just have no motivation to do anything active. I'm in such a rut here. My food is very boring....same thing day after day and then eating ice cream when I know I shouldn't. Quite disgusted with myself, if you want to know the truth. Feeling like a "busted can of biscuits" with this roll around my waist. Sure doesn't stop me from eating the ice cream though! Sorry.....I'm just writing this out hoping it will give me the kick in the a$$ that I need.

Yes..the 80+ year old beat me at golf yesterday. I played very well(for me), but she was making long putts and just generally played better. We were close till the last couple holes and then the wheels came off for me. Not upset about it......silly game. I'm going to play tomorrow morning with my friends.

I'm leaving at 6AM on Sunday to head to my sister's. I know we're going to have her 11 year old granddaughter a couple of the days I'm there, so that will keep us busy. I do need to go to the Nordstrom Rack store near her to return an item I got in the mail today. I have been wanting a denim jacket, but the one I ordered is too small. I ordered another one from Amazon Prime Wardrobe, so we'll see how that one fits. Free returns if it doesn't.

Sorry this was an all about me wah, wah, wah post. That's why I didn't post first thing this morning like normal....woke up in this foul mood. No one to blame but myself....it's all about my eating and lack of exercise. Both of those can be fixed....I just need do get my sh!t correct!!

Thanks for listening....you all are the best. I think I might explode if I didn't have this forum to unload to. Lord knows DH would not understand any of this babbling.

((Hugs))

Hey if you like your ice cream, do check keto ice cream recipes online / youtube... work keeping some in the fridge
  #2364   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 05:10

BF:

HI
major computer problems here ---bleck

hubbys laptop I hate locked up. yup it won't move off my email screen so I am taking it to best buy. I tried all my tricks but it is caught up to the max...ugh

and remember my laptop, the Dell I got from kiddo, it's screen went black and it is gonzo before I left on the trip.....

what am I on? MY ANCIENT slow as molassass old Lenova which is working fine and it almost like 20 yrs old. SEE, I told hubby I would never be throwing out this laptop LOL

but heading off to best buy soon cause we will get his laptop fixed fast I am sure......and kiddo broke her Bluetooth wireless freaking expensive headphones she uses for X box so I took out that $15 warranty when I bought them and if broken, she gets a new pair for free under warranty....best 15 I ever spent. Got 2 yr warranty and this is still under year 1 she already broke the damn things

off to get moving, will chat up later. I think I have to buy a new laptop also, but hmmmm, might not right now since this older than the hills one is doing fine but SO slow but will go thru and delete and remove programs to lighten this one up so....maybe I don't need one?

heck I don't know at this point HAHA

chat up later
  #2365   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 06:01

BF:

Good Morning!

I have a much brighter outlook and attitude this morning. I apologize for my whining yesterday. I'm just a spoiled brat! Heading to the golf course in about 1/2 hour. Hope we get our round in before the rain hits. T-storms coming.

Trig....sorry you're having computer issues...pain in the butt for sure. The best thing I ever bought was this little Netbook that I use ALL the time. I didn't need a high powered laptop since all I wanted to do was be able to surf the net etc. I can use Google Docs & spreadsheets for the few times I need to do a document of any kind. For my needs a Netbook is all I'll ever need. Good luck at Best Buy!

Jaz...Safe travels to your daughter's today. Have fun loving on Ava & your grandson too.....sorry....is it Noah? I'm thinking that's his name, but doubting myself.

Nic.....welcome home. Hope you got a good night's sleep and are feeling well this morning. We need to hear about your NYC trip!

Blue...thanks for your kind words. You are spot on when talking about my exercise slump. I was so focused and frankly scared to death about the race in Scotland and when it was done...my body just said enough. I am easing my way back..planning out a new gym routine and a return to some running. As for my eating, I went to bed last night determined to fast this morning...not. I was hungry! So....I ate my usual, but cut down the portion size. Same satisfaction, a few hundred less calories. Score! Feeling less puffy this morning too, so that helps the attitude.

Whoops! Time for me to get going! My morning is flying by.

Hope you enjoy the picture I sent of sunrise from my front porch. It was just stunning this morning. The body of water is the Susquehanna River which runs right by my front door.

Later!
  #2366   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 06:40

BF:

Good Morning Everyone!
Woke up to thunder and a severe storm. Plugged in my coffee and wanted it done before the power went out. Which it did- coffee was done. My power goes out EVERYTIME it storms it seems.

Nic- yay to having you back! Get rested up. We want to hear all about your trip! So you took a train to NYC? Really you are just a train ride away? I thought you were near DC? How long did it take you?

Lori- So today is a new day! So off to your sisters! That is very sweet of you to take care of her after her procedure.
I always use this thread to write and decompress! Love that! There is something awesome about writing! Safe travels

Blue- I think we are cross posting when I was chatting up Lori last night. So it was fun to read your post this morning! I get ya on cutting costs where you can. Didn't say there is a place you and your pals go to that does free appetizers if you order a drink? OR at least its like a open chip and dip bar- something along those lines? You could do appetizer and a glass of vino and still have the experience for under 20 bucks!

More about the ambiance and company that the food anyway. Your love affair with clothes. I will tell ya straight up I have very little in that area. I have enough to get by and that is it. I don't LIKE buying CLOTHES at this weight and size. Now I will tell ya when I was my PERFECT 6- boy howdy I bought like a fiend.

So the cure for that was in my last apt- remember when I gave the lady upstairs literally a TUB of beautiful clothes. Gave her all my size 6 small everything. I noticed that some stuff still have price tags on them. The very last thing I bought at that size- so funny I can remember it, was a skin tight pair of skinny jeans. Oh yea. I wore then one time. I had an amazing soft leather jacket from Chicos I had trouble letting go too. But I did. And I felt very FREED by it.
Now there were some sad moments when I would see her out wearing my clothes- because it was a reminder to me what my body USED to look like.

BUT the thing is that when I DO and WILL get to goal again I may not be a 6. And I am so ok with that. My mindset has changed I want to be healthy more than I want a SIZE on a tag!
So going through your closet should give you that same feeling! Purging and tossing really does declutter and I love open spaces.

Trig- what is your Status? You should be pulling in about anytime now!!!!! There will be laundry to do, meat to buy, and school supplies to shop for!

MM- I am not sure what VIC is? Then I went back to look at it. It said VLC- L not an I!!!!!!!! Dang I can't see even with my readers on! So you are doing VERY LOW CARB- Got it. Do you try to stay in a certain range? I also saw your states. I am not judging here by any means- but under 150 is hardly a big gal. I know it is all relative. Got that- but I am curious too if you were heavier? Just asking? I would be thrilled at your weight!
------------------------------------------------------
I need to wrap this up as I need to hit the road. Going to see the grandkids. My DD is thrilled because they can have time off too. I am the only one that babysits for them.

So I will check in later. Taking my computer- so I have SOMETHING to do while they are napping. They don't have cable! Or a TV for that manner. These kids just don't care- They are on the internet- and that is where they live.

Weight up a pound? Salt? - Feel puffy too. I took a nice long evening walk last night with the pooch. Boy I need to walk her more!- Even she was outta breath. Poor thing!

Have a safe great day.
  #2367   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 09:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz, okay first things first- I want to hear about M's apology. What did she say? Was it a true apology, or a "I'm sorry you felt like.." type, or an "I'm sorry you think that.." type? I wonder if she actually even realizes the things she is doing? Good on you for holding her accountable.

Glad you are in Greenville! Take a couple of pics to share. Yay for Ava and getting off oxygen for 8 hours.. that is outstanding! I bet it was sweet for her family to see her unobstructed little face! Can't believe it will be a year soon. That is amazing. She is a tough little fighter. I know it has not been easy for her parents or for her.

That is nice of you to get together with your Mom and her DH on Sunday. I honestly think I would be too tired after a busy Saturday!

Re: the Amy Schumer movie - Obvs the greater point was that we hold our OWN selves back bc we sometimes think that how we look affects our ability to succeed- or we project that to be true in our attitudes/approach to things and then it is reflected back to us. True or not true? I would say that yes, it is to some degree, sadly. Fat shaming does exist and women are pros at fat shaming ourselves.

I mean, what about the phrase "perfect size 6?" I know it exists, I have heard my Southern Mom say it countless times. Annoys the crap out of me. That implies that any other size is imperfect, or wrong. Like women should ALL be one size! And of course, the one size 6 should work for ALL body types, right? PUHLEEZE!!

Welcome, Middlemist! Sorry to hear about your wrist!

Blue- Love listening to you dream about your new place, and talk about what you are thinking for the rooms and the feel of them. As you know, I stink in that area (as well as clothes!) and so it is so fun to read and get in your head. Keep talking about it and describing your thoughts!

Sounds like the protein shakes are a go for you. Enjoy!

Lori- Can't believe you had a 50 degree morning recently! Sounds glorious! I am over the heat of summer.

LOL Over the "busted can of biscuits!" Girl, I can relate and it also just made me laugh.

That 80 year old you are playing with is a great role model and motivator of what can be. Love that! My Dad is one of those active 80 year olds. He has been a tennis player his whole life.

Trig- HAHAHAHA laughing over your response to the Rocky Mountain train! What did you hate about it?

Sorry to hear about DD's headphones. My DS19 got a free pair of Beats with his laptop when he started college and they quit working too. His were under warranty from the manufacturer and they were replaced.

Hopefully you all can get the laptop up and running again!

••••••••••••

So, the NYC trip. It was good but busy and hectic and all those things that you would expect a big city trip to be. I tell ya, I am not a big city girl and less so the older I get. Now that being said, there is just a certain amount of culture shock that comes with getting off the train right smack in the middle of Times Square and emerging into a literal THRONG of people, and the lights and the screens and the crowds and the noise. It is just a lot to take in, very suddenly. The hotel where we stayed (Loews Regency, NYC, Park Avenue) is still busy but things are more spread out (ie- some residential {$$$$$})and it isn't so much wall-to-wall people. I was much happier in that area or in Central Park than in Times Square. So I can see how one could adapt pretty easily in that way- living a life vs being in the tourist hub.

We did not rent a car. We took the Amtrak regional in (about 2 hr 45 mins) and then took the subway from the train station everywhere we needed to go. Definitely one way to save money. I will, however, give a thumbs down to NYC - their subway stations are poorly marked and hard to find. They could take a lesson from London and their VERY well marked stations. Having smart phones really helps with subway navigation though- put in where you want to go and it tells you which stations, which trains, etc.

Okay so the day we arrived we saw Hamilton and it was great. This was the big present for DH and I think he was really happy with his choice. We got in around 11, took the subway to the hotel to drop off our luggage, took the subway back to Times Square and grabbed a bite to eat and then in to the show. Subway back, dinner (we were tired by then, I tell ya!) and a stop at the Magnolia Bakery (best banana pudding ever, we discovered!) and then crashed.

Next day up and out for breakfast- great little place and a window seat to watch folks go by- I can do that for a VERY long time. Then off to The Cloisters. DH spared me and we were there for about 3 hours, including a 15 mins or so snack break. I was about tapped out by then. I think he could have stayed another hour. We headed back to the hotel for some down time, then back out and over to Rice to Riches, a rice pudding place that is outstanding. DH loves it. We shared a container and I ate about a third. Then we walked through Chinatown (meh) and Little Italy, had dinner, and headed back.

Somewhere in here we also strolled through some of Central Park.

Last day- slept til 8, showered and such. Breakfast and strolling Central Park and Madison Avenue a bit. Go back and pack up, head out to the train station and back to packed humanity. Sheesh! Train back was much more crowded, at first we weren't even sitting together, but then we got to. Coach seats are still WAAAY more roomy than on a plane, bigger cleaner bathrooms etc. A little delayed so around 3 hours back. We were glad to be home!

Still, we've decided we really should go into the city at least once a year for a matinee. It would be a long day but we could do it easily and not stay the night.

Shopping: Nope! Didn't buy a thing, besides food. Didn't even go into any shops, except maybe one.

DS16 got home about an hour after we did. Let me just say this.. there was VERY LITTLE LAUNDRY for a child who was gone for five days. As in, did you even change clothes? Did you SHOWER? NO A POOL EACH DAY IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE. This is so funny too bc my boys have always been very pro-active in the not-stinky department.. much more so than my DD who took a while to care about hair/deodorant etc. But man I guess he LETS IT ALL GO during camp. Ewwww!

My eating has been a mess and consequently the way that I am feeling is also a mess. Feeling VERY ready to clean it up for a while- feeling like crap is a great motivator for that. No trips planned until August 1 so YAY for that. Time to get rid of the BUSTED BISCUIT/ MUFFIN TOP with frosting.

Okay enough for me right now. This is long enough!
  #2368   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 14:54

BF:

NIC- WELCOME BACK!!!!!! So glad you had a GREAT time!!!! Your trip sounds fabulous. I am so glad you got an opportunity to hand out with the hubs and just have a splendid time.
I hear ya on the perfect 6. However I will say I WAS! I really could pic a 6 off any rack and it fit- except for the size 4 even now and again.
I would be lying to say I did not FEEL amazing and loved the look of my body. HOWEVER I was obsessive about EVERY carb and counting Calories- and running 4 miles a day- and doing weights. - My goal was to BURN more calories than I took in so I was always at a deficit. My body fat with Calibers was 12. - yes you could see ribs and I loved it.
HOWEVER, I was I think starting to get into a very dangerous zone of muscle wasting and heart damage. - Thankfully My mindset is complete different. It's all about healthy now.

Ya the apology was not a SORRY- It was definitely directed from her boss.
It was very quick and abrupt. "I apologize if I did not come across as I should have. I had a friend die this week. It was all so sudden and about her about her about her......... That is sad her friend died. But that hardly makes up for MONTHS of rudeness. Even her apology was ALL About her. Whatever is is written up, and will have to have a "talk" with her boss weekly for awhile about her behaviors.

you were MISSED !

All I am here in SC. One kiddo is sleeping , and MISS AVA - is sure a ball of fire. She is cooing, trying to talk , teething and laughing.

I did some laundry, put on a huge pot of chicken and rice, veggie soup. I had half a cup- my only meal for today.
Going to look at school for a few minutes. DD has until 630- at which time I am flying outta here and heading home. 2 hours on the road and the weather is supposed to be rough.

My Garmin should be in in a day or so- really considering that treadmill again. I just think it is an investment for me. I don't like gyms- and the time factor is also a issue for me right now.

Gotta run!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Jul-21-18 at 15:07.
  #2369   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 05:15

BF:

welcome back nicco!! loved reading about your trip and how hectic it was but super fun

hey all
fast one
still have 2 laptop troubles
omg shoot me on this crap

so MY computer comes up about 1 hr before we leave so I figure it was that last windows update that screwed me over and it took time to glitch out---well I tried it a few times and worked perfect, this morning, nothing! dead as crap.

and hubbys we didn't take to best buy to geek squad cause we figured if mine took that long then his was probably locked up cause of that last update but nope, no action on his either

and the new headphones the kid hates! Didn't have the old ones she has so I got fancy azz new ones and she wants those returned and for me to just order over the internet her other ones and have delivered here...........

so back to best buy....bringing both computers and return headphones and let me tell you I do not want to do this crap one bit

freaking tired ya know and I have to do store and technology crap I have 0 interest in doing...ugh

so off I go and will chat up later when I have a mood that warrants me chatting LOL I am in a crappy mood right now to the ultimate!

back later and great day all
  #2370   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-18, 07:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early, drove 2.5 hours and am at my sister's! I arrived at 8:15AM. We are discussing her surgery and when will be best for me to come down. She won't be able drive for 2-3 weeks, so I may come down week 2 or 3 when she's feeling better and itching to get out of the house. Her surgery is 8/23, so I may come down again around September 10 or so. That is a black out period at work because of inventory, but they will either let me have off or I will quit.

Jaz...looks like you had a nice day with the kids. I'm sure you were glad to get back in your "nest" with Bella. Hope you didn't have to drive thru severe storms to get home.

Nic...sounds like you had a nice combo of hectic and more laid back in NYC. Strolling Central Park is lovely. Times Square is an experience all it's own. I'm not a city girl either....nice to visit, but I'm always glad to return to my little world.

KMom.....Bon Voyage!! Have a wonderful time!

Blue...hope you're having a nice weekend. Some down time mixed with all the work you need to do around the house.

We will have DSis's 11 year old granddaughter all day today and tomorrow. No worries....she is quite a precocious little thing. Has her own ideas about everything and is quite sure that she is right! I think we're going to Barnes & Noble and some other stores today and then out for an early dinner. Tomorrow we will take her swimming, weather permitting and Sis and I will sit and talk by the pool for a few hours. T-storms predicted every day, so we'll see what happens.

Over and out.....talk to you later.
Closed Thread