Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 07:59

Plan: LCHF - my way
Stats: 309/233.2/194 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default 20% Less of Lee

There is now 20% less of Lee. I started this journey to health and fitness last April 13th (Lucky Friday the 13th), at 309lbs with a 55” belly. I am now 245.4 and have lost 7.5” around both my belly and waist. I haven’t been able to wear last spring’s pants in awhile, and tried to get a last wear or two with some of my dress shirts this past week. No more, they look terrible on me, pockets half way down my chest, huge gap in the neck.

My transition to low carb is going well. I’m down to 60 or so grams carb a day half the days of the week, with a couple days around 100, and usually 1 “bad carb” day. I still track with MyFitnessPal, haven’t missed a day since I started. I think tracking what I eat is THE most life change I’ve made with respect to losing weight.

That said, it’s been a tough month. I’m having to work much harder for less results. I lost only 6.8lbs this past month. I’ve been traveling which really cuts back my walking. Going to have to up the intensity, try the elliptical machine or stairs to get more calories burned in less time.

I’ve also started lifting weights, at least when I travel. Most any hotel I stay in has dumbbells. I don’t do much yet, but it’s a start. I found a tennis partner and we play once a week. He beats me every week, but we seem to have a good time.

I rediscovered Goodwill. I can’t afford to buy a complete work wardrobe every two months. Now I’m a more normal size, and I found 5 pairs of work pants and a dress shirt for $28. It’s more like renting as I’ll be donating them back in a few months .

Now for the embarrassing report on my vanity. I dyed my hair...Just For Men is now Just for Lee. I consider it progress. I’m actually paying attention to the guy in the mirror, and making steps to get healthy and fit. Why not improve my hair as well?

Onward and downward. Next big goal is crossing from obese to merely overweight.

http://lessoflee.wordpress.com/2012...20-less-of-lee/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 10:14
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You look amazing. The transformation in your face is wonderful, the rest of you as well, but what you can see in your face is most amazing.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/232.2/160 Female 5ft 4in
BF:41.5%
Progress: 32%

Wow good job! You look great.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-12, 02:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 198/198/175 Male 172cm
BF:
Progress:

Sho, you look like 2 different people. You are an inspiration.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-12, 04:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Great job Lee....You look like a new man...Keep up the awsome job
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-12, 06:21
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Great job!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-12, 12:27

Plan: LCHF - my way
Stats: 309/233.2/194 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Thanks folks. Yeah, it is amazing to see the difference in my face. And I'm STILL SO FAT...how in the world did I let myself go that far? <sigh>

Making good progress on the "move to low carb". Really blew out my daily calories yesterday by 657 (didn't get a chance to exercise)...and still, only 121 carbs. Not bad for that being my "bad carb" day.