Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 12:49

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 230/150/165 Female 69 inches
BF:22% (calipers)
Progress: 123%

Hi Sara,

I've been following your experiences with interest. I thought you'd like to know about my own tummy tuck - everyday I tuck my tummy into my pants!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 13:20
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Oh Michelle!!! Love it!!!
Sara<><
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 06:54
Princess Sara

I've had a couple of really UGH days. It has been a combination of cabin fever, feeling physically ready to get back in the swing of things, PMS, and increased insulin requirements which threw me out of ketosis (even though I am eating under 20 grams of carbs daily). I've found myself thinking of food more---and here is the horror---wanting a cigarette. Uh uh! I'm NOT going there! Time to listen to my body. SO...I made an executive decision this morning. At 6:00 a.m. I got out on the nature trail for a slow stroll. I wrapped my binder tightly and was careful with my steps. It was wonderful. It was just me and the senior citizens moving in slow motion. :wink: How slow? It took me 40 minutes to cover 1.25 miles.

Phew! I feel better!!!

Yesterday I finally was able to get my nails done---after a month! My nail tech has had to keep canceling on me because she has had a psoriasis flair up. She had to take one of her chemo treatments. I felt so badly for her. Anyway, she is doing better, but still having trouble staying with her eating plan. She said that seeing me reminds her of what she is aiming for. We talked about what it means to stick with an eating plan. It isn't easy, and it never gets easy. I don't want to be discouraging, but ya know, I wanted to know what I was facing with my surgery. It helped me deal with the tough parts. Also, I can't remember if it was Connie or Kate that told me this, but it really made sense. When people want to know how I lost the weight, they are really hoping that I will tell them the secret to magic. As we say in AA, there is no softer, easier way. I told her that I had finally reached a place where the the trade off of restricted eating in order to be thin is worth it.

And, it is. I am finally in touch with my deep desire to be thin. I honor that desire. When other thoughts crop up....like the food and cigarette urges over the last couple of days...I can honestly review what these mean and CHOOSE not to overeat or smoke. I KNOW that honoring my desire to be thin will make me feel better. And then I move on to life. This week that means I can settle down to read, write, call a friend, watch a movie, or play with my animals.

I am reading a book called, "Healthy Selfishness" by the Hellers of CAD/CALP fame. The book is NOT about their diet plan. It is about learning to take care of yourself while still being a "good" person. Pretty good read so far.
Later,
Sara<><
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 09:47

Plan: M&E / Atkins Induction
Stats: 210/210/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%

i'm really happy for you and glad to know you're recooping just fine. I would also love do this after I reached my goal but just don't have 8 weeks to recooperate or able to afford to take the time off.

Good for you for doing something you deserve and makes you so happy.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 10:10

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Sara,
I am a fan of yours. I love reading your posts and learning about your life and your recuperation.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 11:38
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

www.messageboards.makemeheal.com

This is a tummy tuck/abdominoplasty forum site!

E
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 13:15
Princess Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlashes
i'm really happy for you and glad to know you're recooping just fine. I would also love do this after I reached my goal but just don't have 8 weeks to recooperate or able to afford to take the time off.

Good for you for doing something you deserve and makes you so happy.

Don't give up on the idea yet. Depending upon what procedure you have done, and what your job is, you may be able to get away with just 3-4 weeks. It is definitely worth looking into.
Sara<><
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 13:19
Princess Sara

Thanks Penelope!

Eno, that is a good site. I've done my share of lurking there.

I am doing MUCH better this afternoon! I feel calm and relaxed. And, to make things even better I have a 2 part biography of Hemingway on TiVo. Cool, huh?
Sara<><
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 15:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/248/160 Female 5'4
BF:BigBallaFat
Progress: 2%

Sara, you are an inspiration! Thank you for all the info on how your surgery went. I've been thinking about what I'm going to look like after I get all this weight off, and I bet I'll need the same surgery as you, plus a boob job! Good luck on the rest of your recovery and thanks for all the laughs I got while reading this thread. "The weiner wagging dance" made me roll on the floor laughing--I thought my husband was the only one who did that!
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 15:17

Plan: Meat Only
Stats: 200/169.6/175 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 122%

Boy, I wish I could just lay around, watching TV and reading and stuff. Slacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggiebro
"The weiner wagging dance" made me roll on the floor laughing--I thought my husband was the only one who did that!

Y'all must have strange husbands - I would never do something like that. I would never do the "towel rack" thing, either.

#56   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 16:41
Princess Sara

ARC! Hey, Buddy!! No, I know you have NEVER bored, I mean entertained, K with any of that "guy" stuff. BUT!!! How's about doing the guy version of the G-String dance on the stairs? Can *you* do that?....and Speedos do not count!

Froggiebro,
First of all, let's talk Froggies!!! I love, love, love tree frogs. I have them as pets. This year the Sweetest Frog In the World died. He had been my wonderful pet for 7 years. I still have 4 treefrogs, along with a stud of a Chameleon (named James Bond), a dappled doxie (Stella Belle), and a very loud parrot named Scout. For the summer my classroom gang of hermit crabs and my Beta (Deacon Blue) are hanging out at my house, as well. So tell me the connection of frogs with your name.

Now, what makes you think you might have loose skin problems? Maybe it won't be so bad. BUT, do keep an open mind toward the results you want---just know that your body may pleasantly surprise you. Low Carb and Very Low Carb have changed my body. I've been this weight at other times in my life and was not as lean as I am now. I'll bet you find something similar!!! Best Wishes,
Sara<><
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 17:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarar
ARC! Hey, Buddy!! No, I know you have NEVER bored, I mean entertained, K with any of that "guy" stuff. BUT!!! How's about doing the guy version of the G-String dance on the stairs? Can *you* do that?....and Speedos do not count!

Now, that is a scary thought.

Heh. I learned a long time ago that women weren't as visually centered as men. That goes double (maybe triple) for K.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 17:59
Princess Sara

I'm with K. Give me romance any day!!! BUT, I do like hearing my wonderful man tell me that HE likes what he sees! Not to mention how cool it is when he can't keep his hands off MY goods!
Sara<><
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 22:51

BF:

That is how it should be, Sara. K would look hot in a G-string and I would look - well - ridiculous.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 22:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/311/200 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

That is so awesome, hope the rest of your summer goes great!