Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 08:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/172/140 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hi Sara....this info is probably in the thread somewhere but....Do you have any idea how many pounds was lost when they did the surgery?? I know I'm going to sound crazy but it seems if I could get rid of the excess skin, I'd be a whole lot closer to goal.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 04:27
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

He said they took off around 6 pounds of skin...I think. I didn't see it on the scale. I was so swollen and couldn't move much so I didn't weigh right after. By the time I did weigh, it was only a 4 pound loss.

Speaking of weight. Let me tell you what's up. Me. I have gained some weight back. It has been in the last couple of months---primarily due to stress. I have a veerrrrryyyy difficult class this year. Plus, after 24 years my wonderful man's company eliminated his job in a big reorganization/lay-off. I have definitely been eating too much. Plus, the stress has caused high blood glucose and I am pumping a ton of insulin. Time to get my $hit back together.

Anyway, the reason I am telling y'all about this (besides hoping for support) is that the weight has NOT come on my stomach. My breasts and thighs are plumper, but I do not have a big belly. Very interesting!!!

I am going back to Atkins induction...again! I'm sure the weight will drop. The weight loss process doesn't end...it just moves into a new adventure called maintenance.
Later,
Sara<><
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 07:47
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi Sara! Things will fall into place for you again! Good luck with induction!

How long did it take for your breast swelling to go down? I am almost 5 weeks out, and they are much softer and less swollen, but I still feel huge! Just wondering how much the swelling changes stuff.

I feel she left me too big, although they look great. I understand she needed to make them proportionate to the rest of me, and I'm still a good 50 lbs overweight...but I wanted tiny girls

I'm happy, dont get me wrong. I just wished they were a little smaller. I guess losing the weight will help that though.

As for your comment on the thread still being here, of course it is! Please know there is nothing wrong with plastic surgery, and im sure MANY people here would do it if they could!

Dont know if I mentioned this before, but my friend had the belt lipectomy done, and her arms done, after losing more than 100 lbs due to gastric bypass. She said that if she gains a little weight, her stomach stays taught, and it's other areas that suffer too. She said they took almost 16 lbs off. I cant imagine that.
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/172/140 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:
Progress: 69%

Thanks Sara...It's an ongoing thing isn't it?
I greatly admire the fact that you are a teacher. There's very little I feel that I can't do...teaching is one of them. I tell my kids all the time that one day I'm going to become a sub...my daughter begs me everytime..please please mama, wait until I graduate
  #155   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 10:46

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

Sara, I really hope you can lose the little bit of weight that you have regained. I know how easy it is for the weight to creeeeep back on once you have lost it. It is definitely an ongoing process. The good thing about it is that you can catch the 'weight creep' early and deal with it right away instead of waiting until everything is out of control. You've done it before and you can definitely do it again.
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 04:28
Princess Sara

Thanks for the responses. Don't worry about me gaining back the weight. I love being thin too much. I'm not sure exactly what is going on with my body right now. The weight is pouring on every day. It could be diabetes balancing. I am watching every bite going in and checking the glucose monitor. It may take some time, but I will do the work.

Nicole, I do understand exactly what you feel about wanting smaller breasts. They will continue to shrink as you lose weight. Mine got down to a B cup. I liked it....but, I decided to carry a little more weight to fill them out a tad more. Right now they are too full for my liking. I'm a C cup. I think the experience of having had gigantic breasts is so dreadful for some of us that we do need to go a tad toward the other extreme.

Let's do this together. Let's lose weight with the focus on making our breasts smaller. We'll be buddies. Do tell me...how do you feel about the other changes like shape, aereola size, etc.?

I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon today to evaluate the lipectomy progress and prepare for the neck/face lift in December. I will post about it tomorrow.
Sara<><
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 07:47
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Would be honored to be your buddy! We will do this!

I agree with what you said about having one extreme so wanting the other. The girls have been so huge that I just want them gone, gone. I rather have tiny girls and use a fun padded pushup bra. My A cup friends and my bf think I am nuts, but they dont understand.

Surgeon said she left me between a C and a D. I havent had my fitting yet, but I think it's more like a D. Even with no swelling, it's still a D. I'd like to be a C I think. Still in the surgi bra, but I see her next tuesday and I'm hoping that will change then.

As for everything else, I am very happy. They are bigger than I wanted but they do fit my proportions. They seem pretty symmetrical. I cant believe I can actually see my nipples. I used to think they were arrows pointing at my knees or something. I have normal sized aerola, not huge dinner plates. Not all the tape has fallen off yet, but from the scars I can see they actually look really well. Thin and not at all irritated anymore.

They have a great shape to them as well. They are finally starting to round out and soften. I think I chose a great plastic surgeon (specializes in breast reconstruction for cancer patients), and I would recommend her to anyone.

My favorite things have been: a guy at the bus stop that I usually see every evening asked me where I've been the last month. I told him I had some time off. He then said "I hope you dont think I'm rude, but I think you lost weight, and it looks good."

And the second: Today I am wearing an empire-waist shirt. I wore it pre surgey because it's flowy and hides my gut. Before, the band that would separate boob area from the flowy bottom would be right across the breast, and the shirt would hang straigt like a mumu. But now, my girls fit into the designated boob area, the band is right under the girls as it should be, and the shirt has a shape to it

It really is amazing, isn't it? Thanks so much for all your advice, patience, and support. Good luck with your visit today, and please keep up posted!
  #158   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 04:49
Princess Sara

Nicole,
I love hearing your positive reactions to your surgery...it says this was a good decision. This will enhance your life experience. I'm not sure anyone who has not had the *overwhelming* experience of giant breasts can ever understand what we've felt, but I am totally with you, sister! I honestly think your girls will shrink to the perfect for you size as you lose the rest of your weight. The shape will be exactly right, and you will love-love-love your breasts!

My follow up went great yesterday. I got tickled at my surgeon and my wonderful man talking about the results of my behind. They were just so pleased with themselves!!!! What can I say? They are right....I have a fabulous Brazilian Butt. I didn't even know that I wanted one Now that I have one-----and a man that has morphed into a total a$$ man---I am learning to love it. What can I say? I have a terrific thong collection now.

We did the neck/face lift talk yesterday. Due to my years with a frog neck, the muscle under my chin is separated to the point that the loose skin divides in two. He will repair that and "lift" the face portions to go with it. He is also doing a brow lift. We are not "doing the eyes." I do have loose skin on the lid and under the eye, but it is not a big issue with me. I am interested in getting rid of the loose skin from the weight loss.

He talked about two different incision choices....one in front of the ear, and the other in the hair line. I am going to do some research and think about the options this week. I may want to do one more consult before the surgery on the December 21.
Sara<><
  #159   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-07, 04:36
Princess Sara

I finally got around to posting my incision pictures. My surgery was the last Monday in May. These shots were taken during the last week in August.

Unrelated to the pictures, but totally related to my weight. I think I have discovered the cause of the mysterious weight gain this week: Naproxen. I started taking prescription naprosyn (naproxen/Aleve) on Monday. By Thursday my weight was up 8 pounds. I googled and found that this can be a side effect of major fluid retention. Yikes! I am off the stuff and doing Meat and Egg to reduce the fluid and inflammation.
Keep y'all posted.
Sara<><
  #160   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-07, 16:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Sara,

Your pictures look fantastic! Gosh you are SKINNY. Your stomach looks so tiny and flat...I am really, really impressed!!

I have been away from (all) forums for a while, but I'm so glad I checked in and got to see your progress. Congratulations on every single day you work so hard. Wow. Honestly, I'm blown away.

Cute yellow bikini too!

I miss you. I'm happy you are healing well, and good luck with the blood glucose battles.

Love,
Kate
  #161   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-07, 17:16
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

I love that you share this info. These surgeries will be obviously necessary for me if I finish losing weight (frankly the skin issue is already horrifying to me).

But the surgeries utterly terrify me. People like you who share the pics and results and talk about them openly really help. I really appreciate that.
  #162   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-07, 07:40
Princess Sara

Kate!!! It is wonderful to hear from you. So tell me....how is married life?

Rightnow, I have always been one of those people accused of providing too much information. I honestly don't understand why some things should be taboo to discuss......especially if they are common aspects of being human. On the other hand, I would be a very rich woman if I had a dollar for every time someone told me that I say what everyone thinks.

So what about the face lift? Am I gonna tell people about that? I dunno yet. I know that I will not tell many of my 3D friends before hand. I'm not really in the mood to invite judgement right now. It really just feels relevant to my wonderful man and I.....and those of you who share the life altering weight loss experience with me. I suspect that I will have to answer honestly if people ask when I go back to work after the Christmas holidays. I am not one of those people that can lie.....not a virtue really, I'm just no good at it. I have asked my surgeon if I will look decent enough after 2 weeks to go back to work and NOT put my young students into shock/trauma. I'll see how bad I look.
Later,
Sara<><
  #163   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 07:29

Plan: Avoiding gluten
Stats: 186/172/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Sara
Where did you post the incision pics? I'd like to see. I think what you are doing is just being frank and honest. I don't think I could do it, but it has helped a lot of people. Thanks
  #164   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 10:13
Princess Sara

Thanks for your comment. My pictures are in my gallery.
Sara<><
  #165   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-07, 10:21

Plan: Avoiding gluten
Stats: 186/172/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

That scar doesn't look bad at all! Cute tummy.

Just a thought: I've considered getting tattooed to try to cover scars. I wonder how that would work? I was also wondering about your belly button. Did you get a new one? I suppose you must have.