Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 07:20

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

I feel like I am 10 feet tall and bullet proof..

Kat
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 21:20
Registered Member

Plan: adjusted Atkins
Stats: 221/190/150 Female 5feet 5inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Unhappy Hello friends

I guess I may need a bit of your wisdom. I am beginning to really see my down falls.
I think this would be easier if I were alone. I love my boyfriend but, I also know he does not get this WOL.
He is one of those guys who eats anything he wants.
He is 37, and still has no gut, his legs are like a bird. We aften talk about how we have the same challanges.
As a man he wants to be larger. As a women I want to be smaller. I think that when he eats it goes to my ass He seems to love me, for me. Which I am SO not used to.
But, here is the problem, I find myself not wanting to eat in front of him. He may see the strange mix of fats, etc... Why not eat a bowl of cereal he'll say??? AHHHHH He does not get it.
So, I have tried to show him the facts... Well. last night he wanted my famouse Ziti, I make a great Red sauce. I knew I would want to eat the ziti, so I bought a smaller pan, and made myself Ziti, with no noodles... I used more meat and shrooms, and a bit extra cheese...............
OH MY WORD, IT SUCKS!
I guess the noodles absorbing everything works, My sauce is great in spaghetti too. But I nearly cried wasting money to try to feed my craving for the sauce.
It was failed, for me. He loves his. I have so been tempted to cut into his pan...But I won't. I also can't throw mine away yet.
I want him to think that Low carbing can taste good too. And, it can. But this was no portehouse, sub the potatoe, for broccoli.
So is Italian food out? Or does anyone know what you can sub for noodles.
I have the willpower not to eat noodles, potatoes, bread, but I need the willpower to just eat what I need to, even if he gets it or not.!!
  #168   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 21:54
No Cheats Ever!

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 291/163/155 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

This might work for your noodles:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=77887

Haven't tried it myself, but folks were raving over it in the post.
  #169   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 00:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

That recipe sounds good, but I'm sold on Dreamfield's pasta. They have spaghetti, penne, elbows and ... (there are four and I'm blanking on the 4th). I think the penne would work for you. My family swears there's no difference and there are only 5 digestible carbs.
  #170   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 03:34
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

I have been with my husband since we were in high school...we met in 1975. He was always thin and looked way younger than me. Through time changes have occured. He finally began putting on weight....even developed a buddha belly. He has seen my years of abuse and is VEEERRRYYY supportive of my way of life. He even lost 30 pounds. Now he swears I look younger than him. I'll take it...I would rather "bloom" during my late 40's than my teen years.

No one enjoys change...especially at first. When we change, it alters those around us. We have a deal in my family...only low carb in the house. If you want carbs, eat them outside of the house 'cause I need a safe haven. My son no longer lives at home. When he comes home for visits, he laughs and says we make him realize how much he eats....and how much of it is not healthy. I realize that it is easier for me to establish these limits at this time in my life.

We have developed activities and time together that are not around eating. It is a way to really enjoy each other. But, it comes down to my husband understanding how much better our lives are when I am not "zoning out" on food or alcohol. (Or mentally fighting cravings if substances are calling my name.) He has even begun reading....he accepts that I am an avid reader and that books are good for me. He does the TV thing. Give and take...but, I'm clear about my decisions not to drink or eat high carb....and my right not to have substances within my home. "You want 'em....no problem, you are away from me and outside of the house for plenty of opportunities; they are poison for me." We all have boundaries.

Now, I have a question unrelated to food: Sunless tanning. I spent ALL of my youth in the sun. I was a pool girl. Through my teen years I lifeguarded, taught swimming lessons, and coached swim teams. I can tan in front of Christmas tree lights. Now, I want to protect my skin. I can't undo my years in the sun, but I can prevent further damage. Do any of you have success with sunless skin products. I tend to look terrible around the feet and ankles--ungodly streaks and orange. Any hints?
Sara<><

Last edited by sarar : Sat, Mar-18-06 at 07:09.
  #171   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 08:02

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Sunless tanning...or "tan in a bottle" as my kids call it!!LOL..Ive had skin cancer...so its been YEARS since I had a real tan...LOL.I love Estee Lauder's tanning stuff.....My daughter tried the airbrush tanning at a salon and LOVED it....Im probably too cheap to do that with any regularity.BTW I want to add..my husband to has ALWAYS looked younger than me....he has a babyface...when I lost all my weight , it has been reported that I look ay least 10 yrs younger than he does!!!! He says it does great things for his standing in the "male community"...OK he could also be fullofit!
  #172   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 09:46

Plan: whole foods (mostly)
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'8
BF:a little lower
Progress: 32%

I like the lotions that you use every day that build up over time. I think the one I have is by Jergens. Daily Glow? It's very subtle so you don't get the streaks but it helps with the white legs. You can get it at Wal- Mart.

Hey my husband IS younger than me- by 5 years and he has never had a weight problem! I have the same rule for him about junk food. None in the house. I say if you want it, Jack-in-the-Box is down the street. Go there! But with young kids I do keep sugar free bread, pastas and fruit in the house. No cookies, candy, etc. They get plenty of that out there.
  #173   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 13:07

Stats: 160/159/140 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 5%

Sara,
Thanks so much for your post. It was JUST what I needed today (especially the alcohol) - I am dealing with both issues. I don't have "many" pounds to loose... but it is the WOL that is the focus, not substituting one crutch for another b/c for months I had a deadly relationship with blueberry muffins and chocolate.
I will keep reading
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 13:11
Princess Sara

Fatkat,
Well Honey, you are just cute as you can be!!!! Strut that stuff! Love your confidence!

NavyGMUMom,
Glad to hear from you and take it easy.
Sara<><
  #175   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 04:29
Princess Sara

Here is another "Have you noticed..."

Look at your driver's licence. I had to pull mine out recently and the clerk at the store did a double take. She was right. When I looked at it I was shocked at how bloated my face was. I thought, "Poor Baby! You were suffering weren't you?!" Then I laughed at the weight. I don't think I have ever told my true weight on my license, but now I actually weigh less than the weight stated. What a hoot!
Sara<><
  #176   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 17:47
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarar
Here is another "Have you noticed..."

Look at your driver's licence. I had to pull mine out recently and the clerk at the store did a double take. She was right. When I looked at it I was shocked at how bloated my face was. I thought, "Poor Baby! You were suffering weren't you?!" Then I laughed at the weight. I don't think I have ever told my true weight on my license, but now I actually weigh less than the weight stated. What a hoot!
Sara<><

You know, a few months back when i took my sis out for her 21st birthday...i pulled out my license for the bouncer. He stared at it and said "is this a fake"? I laughed...and said "don't you think i'd pick a better picture"? well he didn't think it was funny and told me i coudln't come in, that it obviously wasn't me....i had to show him two credit cards, and a prescription bottle from my purse before he'd actually let me in the bar....lol. I guess that's a compliment...god knows i don't want that mugshot look on my face every day...but to think i look THAT much different?!
  #177   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 20:05

Stats: 274/239/139 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Sara you look great.
I too changed from wearing a 3x blue t shirt and baggy pants to nice new younger looking clothes.
Thanks so much for your motivation!
  #178   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 05:17
Princess Sara

Soooo fffuuunnyy! To be "bounced" for bouncing less!!
Sara<><
  #179   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 09:42

Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

I think I'll celebrate a milestone with a new driver's license picture. I'm the same way -- way under my driver's license weight for the first time probably since I started driving!
  #180   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 11:38

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Florida doesnt have weight listed on the DL. I figure they decided not to invite people to perjure themselves..LOLOLOL