Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-13, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/150/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default One Year Maintaining....A Life time to go...

Happy Sappy Alert!!

Today is a big day! ONE YEAR AGO, on March 15, 2012, I reached my goal weight!

HAPPY GOAL DAY TO ME-EEEEE-EEEEE-EEEEE-EEEEE-EEEEE!!

I have maintained it a whole year, 365 days!! A year of maintenance; I really did not believe I would get to this place. I anticipated bumps & sharp curves in the road and I kept expecting to fall off. Thanks to the amazing supportive community/family that has surrounded me, both online and in person I’m celebrating. I look to my mentors of long term maintainers on this forum (Judy, Glenda, Demi ) for guidance and strength that I CAN DO THIS!

Yes, I have weeks where I fluctuate and gain a bit. When that happens, I find that I make little adjustments to get back to where I want to be. It's a continuous process, one that needs to be an on-going conscious effort.

I have settled into a range that is good for me and when I see things creeping to that upper limit of the range, I know that I have the tools to make changes before things get out of control - and it's up to me to use those tools.

This past year has made me think hard about how important it is to constantly work to keep myself motivated. I have to keep it fresh and new with different recipes, new spices as well as adopt the attitude of a successful maintainer and think and live like one. I continue to read and explore new things about my health and lifestyle. I have switched gears from a "work"-life balance to a LIFE-work attitude.

There is no such thing as immunity; I know I must maintain a certain level of vigilance for a lifetime. It all boils down to decisions, choices and the right balance for me!

The last 12 months have been a process of finding my way into weight maintenance. I had to figure out what "maintenance" looked like for me. How much more food should I/could I eat? How much exercise was enough? How much should I let my weight fluctuate? For the most part, I think I found my “sweet spot” (pardon the pun) but this, is no way is a declaration of long-term success; I am a continuous work in progress.

Do your thing. Be happy with who you are. That's what is important. I wasn't happy with who I was or where I was so I took steps to change my situation.

This is who I am now. This is how I live. This is how I eat. These are my priorities. This is non-negotiable….but I know it’s not the end of the war…......however today I acknowledge and respect the good low carb soldier I have become and celebrate!

Positive change is not a quick, linear process. Be patient with yourself and remind yourself frequently of all the benefits you are enjoying from being leaner, one pound and one inch at a time.

Onward and Forward, I AM POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-13, 11:02

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Happy Maintenance Birthday, Chris.

Your post is an inspiration. You are one of the maintainers I look to for advice and guidance.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-13, 16:06

Stats: 210/154/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well done! As Whofan said, people like you are a tremendous encouragement for those of us still on the journey! Congratulations!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-13, 10:00

Plan: HF/LC Primal
Stats: 235/134/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Happy anniversary! Your maintenance story is super inspiring!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-13, 10:28
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Congrats on your 1st year( of many) of successful maintenance, Chris!

You write about this so well...thank you!

especially this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Yes, I have weeks where I fluctuate and gain a bit. When that happens, I find that I make little adjustments to get back to where I want to be. It's a continuous process, one that needs to be an on-going conscious effort.

Yup!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-13, 10:40

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Thanks for posting your experience, Chris. It's so helpful for us Maintenance WannaBes. Congratulations on your loss and, even more, your maintenance!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-13, 11:56

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Well done, Chris. You deserve this success. Long may it continue. Thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited by Kirsteen : Sat, Mar-16-13 at 18:16.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-13, 12:51

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Congratulations!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-13, 11:58

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

A well deserved congratulations to you!!

You really are such an inspiration to so many. I know for me you have been a total rock to me along my journey. LOVE that you are celebrating your first of many years of low carb, high fun journey. Three cheers for Chris!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-13, 15:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins and IF
Stats: 255/183.8/105 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Awesome! I am (was) a yo-yo dieter and have finally realized that this needs to be a LIFESTYLE! Good for you, I hope to be where you are in a couple of years.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-13, 09:34
Registered Member

Stats: 234/216/149 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

You're a good influence and very inspirational! Super congratulations on your maintenance. It's great to know that it can be done!