Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 10:43

Plan: LC
Stats: 306/295/162 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I like to have an idea of what I am going to eat but I change my mind too often so It often doesn't go as planned lol. My problem is I do not like ground beef or steak. I like chicken, tuna, shrimp, and certain fish. I will eat steak if its super super thin and over cooked lol.

What is a WATP video? I need to get my butt back into the gym in the am but I have been slacking. I am getting over a lung infection and going to the gym while barely being able to breathe isn't very helpful.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 20:23

Plan: ZULCA!
Stats: 353/279.2/175 Female 64 in.
BF: For now...
Progress: 41%

Do you eat eggs? The Mock Danish recipe (in the recipe forum) is good, but addictive. What about lamb or pork?

WATP is "Walk Away the Pounds", a series of exercise videos that are fairly low impact/difficulty. I have a 3-mile one, which is about 45 minutes, and a 1-mile walk+jog one, which I've never watched (not jogging at this weight! lol) so don't know how long it is.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-11, 12:35

BF:

I do eat eggs. I will be starting this tomorrow. I have been reading (an confusing myself more lol). I need to weigh myself daily. I know that it's not the greatest idea but I need to see what is or isn't happening lol
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-11, 19:47

JLynne, I totally missed your post here. I'm so sorry!!!

How is it going? I've been a bit discouraged, as to my progress. Which is a big silly, since I'm not weighing myself, and I'm losing inches. But my eating has been on plan.

My exercising, however, has not. I took a nice long walk on Tuesday (around 90 minutes) which was lovely, as the weather had just cooled down. But I overdid it, as far as my feet were concerned, and have had a flare up of my plantar fasciitis and fallen left arch. But I think I'll go again tomorrow, as today they felt a lot better.

I can't weigh myself daily without suffering from emotional insanity. lol In fact, I haven't weighed since beginning of Aug, and plan not to until I see my doc in November. But I do take the measurements weekly, as I mentioned.

Anyway, I'm so sorry I missed your post. I hope you're still around? And alot2lose, are you around?

Next week's goal--I'm trying for the exercise again. 10+ minutes of WATP each morning will be a good goal, and a walk outside whenever I can get it and me feet allow it.

Cheers!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-11, 04:30

Plan: G.I. diet
Stats: 360/357/140 Female 5"2'
BF:
Progress: 1%

I am still here I haven't been able to log in everytime I try to come to the site it would say page can't be displayed finally this morning I was able to get on. Hope you are both doing great with everything I have not been doing well with anything this last little while. I thought as the kids went back to school things would get easier for me but not the way it is happening I am actually seem to have less time for me with school meetings and homework. I have also been having a lot of headaches lately so haven't felt like exercising then I ended up with a sore stomach and right now a ear infection it seems one thing after the other but as of this morning I am getting myself back on track and eating right. Sorry I haven't been around hopefully I won't have any more issues with logging on
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-11, 04:30

BF:

I'm still here!

Great job on your walking! I need to get my back back into an exercise routine, instead of just sporadic exercise. It's difficult with my schedule, and I like to go at 5 am but I also like to sleep!

I know what you mean about emotional insanity with daily weigh-ins but you must have more will power than me because I just must know it each day. I track it in my phone and in a notebook.

You may have already said this in another post but I don't remember, is this your first time doing Atkins/LC?
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 11:59

Good to hear from you gals! A2L, I hope you feel better, that is the pits feeling sick and trying to manage life and kids and everything.

Jlynne, I so hear you on sleeping. So.Hear.You. Cannot sympathize enough. Hearing.You.On.Sleep. lol

No, this is not my first time doing LC or Atkins, though I've never lost weight on it before. And since I'm not weighing right now, I might not be losing weight now, though I seem to be losing inches, so hopefully it's working this time.

The differences for me this time around:
  • Excruciating care to count carbs, including watching veggie intake (tomatoes and onions add up fast)
  • lots of water throughout the day
  • no frankenfoods (1 exception is liquid splenda)
  • testing before/after blood glucose to determine how meals affect me
  • no "little bite here/there"
  • as much sleep as I can manage---in fact, I made it a priority over everything else, which has turned out well because it makes everything else so much easier to do
  • diligently taking all my vitamins and supplements every single bleeidng day! lol
So we'll see.

I had 37 minutes of walking yesterday, and hope to go out for another 1/2 hour today.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 20:33

BF:

Hi!!!

Sorry I have been so bogged down with work lately, I can barely breathe!How have both of you been doing? I have the hardest time on the weekend.

I have been trying to take vitamins daily and drinking only 1 iced coffee a day. I need to get on board with an exercise routine....my schedule makes it super tough though.

Congrats on losing 14.16 inches...that's awesome!!!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 21:38

Hey there!

I've been doing pretty well. Using the glucometer to test postprandial sugars has kept me honest in multiple ways:
1) no cheating, or it will throw off the numbers
2) I've learned what foods make the numbers go up
3) I've learned how low the numbers will go if I exercise regularly
4) I've learned that I feel awesome the lower my numbers are (I feel best when they're between 76 and 88)---this is big motivation to keep them low, so sleep+diet+exercise+vitamins+water, which is more habit building.

It's an expensive tool for habit building, but it's sure helping.

The regular vitamins do SO MUCH toward making me feel better. Good on you for getting yours in! The exercise will come. Can you find 5 minutes here and there to do some kind of movement? Like: walk in place, or leg lifts, or crunches, or stretching, or wall/knee/real pushups, etc.?
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-11, 16:28

BF:

Maybe I should start reading...hmm, something to think about.

I feel like when I eat cheese, I stall. Has this ever been true for you?
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-11, 20:47

I'm being very careful not to have more than the 4 permitted oz of cheese, but I don't have cheese on my menu every day. However, right now with taking measurements instead of weighing, I can't say I've been stalled, as most weeks since I started my measurements have dropped.

Are you stalled? Have you taken measurements? Body recomposition can take a LONG time, and show nothing (or gains!) on the scale, but the tape measure may give some hints as to what's going on.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-11, 08:41

BF:

No I have only been weighing in and not taking measurements. It's great when the scale shows a loss, but when I see a +0.4 or + anything it gets frustrating. I know that I am staying on track so when I way more then next day I get annoyed
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-11, 22:57

You might try adding measurements. I've noticed mine actually change week to week, and it's more fun (imo) than the ups and downs that come with a number that doesn't tell you much.

That said, I'm measuring tomrrow, we'll see if after this week of mock-danish-shakes whether I've lost any inches! I may be heading back to the straight and narrow.