Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 12:46

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Challenge week 5

Hey, gang, how's this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 16:26

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi guys

I'm still alive!

BR: 2 pieces of LC toast with peanut butter (no sugar or salt in it), 1 cup of coffee

L: 1 salad

Afternoon: it was someone's birthday today and they handed me a piece of cake.. CHOCOLATE... well needless to say I ate it.

I'm planning on having a NO CARB dinner. This weekend was bad but I haven't gained much but 1-2 lbs after all (weighed myself this morning after my post) Not that I'm excusing everything I ate. Just matter of factly.

Libby: to answer your question about DH: I don't think he's trying to sabotage me. I think it's more of a question that he doesn't even think about it. He hasn't seen me in a while and he's really trying to do things to please me. He knows that once a day I can cheat. So he tends to forget when I do or don't do it. Especially since he's not with me most of the time now. It really isn't about him anyhow. It's about me not having enough self control and making the wrong choices where food is concerned. I mean honestly, there aren't many places where we could go that I can't have the LC instead of the high carb. He usually asks my opinion when we choose where to go eat. For instance, Saturday night I had a totally LC meal. MY choice. He was so fine with that. I didn't even have desert. I did however indulge with 2 drinks and 1 glass of champaign to celebrate our love as he said it.

So after this long paragraph, I can say that sometimes it's just SOOOOO worth it when you look at the big picture. I can always go back on my diet the next day... But one day DH won't be there and I won't be able to have him the next day. So I enjoy every moment we spend absolutely in love, even after 10 years of being together!!!

Hope you can all relate to what I just said. It's truly how I feel. This diet is for my life. A few weekends away, just not a big deal.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 17:05

BF:
Default Josee

Why aren't you and your dh together? That would drive me bonkers!

My dh and I are joined at the hip! I can't imagine not living together. It must be so freaking hard for you both.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 17:21

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Exclamation Hold Everything!!!

Quote:
He knows that once a day I can cheat.

There is NO cheating built into this plan!! You don't CHEAT once a day.. you ENJOY once a day! You're going to sabatoge yourself if you think of it that way.

That's the beauty of this plan.. I'm not all for calling it a "reward" either, but it does feel good knowing that whatever your heart desires you can have without counting, weighing or measuring, that one time a day.

::::stepping off soapbox::::

Now.. I neglected to post for a week because I DID cheat.. big time and gained back 3 pounds. But now I've repurchased my CAD book (that I gave away to a friend) and I'm back on track (see my journal for more details)

Today:

B: Coffee, splenda, cream

L: Spinach Soup
2 boneless chicken thighs
1 oz. cheddar cheese

D: 2 small cube steaks fried w/onion and made a little gravy
Fried Cabbage
Garlic Green beans
Boston Cream Pie
Coffee

Water, 64 oz. and going! (and going, and going, a going)

Please note my .5 pd. loss and the change in my stats!! <grin>
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 19:43

BF:
Default Check in

Weight was up this morning. Seems like I can't do any carbs or I either stall, stop, or gain - depending on the carbs. Even adding extra fat doesn't seem to help. The science experiment continues.

B - very dry omelete, eggs only, very little oil
L - left over chicken
D - lean pork loin 2 cloves of garlic (may not be allowed in bed tonight) salad with wine vinegar (cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, celery, napa cabbage)
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 19:59

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%

HI ALL,
JOSEE IT'S NICE TO SEE SOMEONE WITH YOUR ATTITUDE. I THINK I HAVE TOO MANY HANGUPS ABOUT MY WEIGHT AND I HAVE MADE THAT THE FOCUS OF MY LIFE WHEN I COULD BE ENJOYING OTHER THINGS. AS LONG AS YOU ARE HAPPY, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

I'M DOING GOOD ON THIS NEW PLAN. BETTER THAN THE LC. ONLY WEIGHING ONCE A WEEK THOUGH. CONSTIPATION GONE. IT'S A GREAT THING.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 05:22

BF:
Default Hi everyone

Doing well...

Icon: I started calling it a cheat when I first started the diet in Jan 2001 and it sort of stuck. My attitude towards it isn't quite the same.

BASpider: My DH found a position 6 hours from home, and has to be there 6 months, then he gets work from home. So we figured we'd endure the time apart, grow closer, and see each other when ever we can. Spending time apart sure makes you appreciate what you have alot more. I'm sure when he's back, there are days he'll get on my nerves LOL

Last night's dinner was pretty LC... beef with baby bok choy. That's it that's all... Oh well there was the 2 bottles of water too.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 10:45

BF:
Default It worked

Back down to 130 today. I'll do the same thing today, not add extra fat. Only carbs will be vegetables. Bummer, that's what works for me.

Chris, you've found what works for you.

Josee and Lisa, you've found what works for you, too. I guess that's what this "challenge" is all about. Challenging ourselves to do what works for us - consistently.

Arnie, Amy - where are you? How're you doing?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 13:37

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Cool Checking In at the Inn

Josee.... I hope I didn't upset you with what I said. I didn't mean to send any negative air waves about your hubby. I guess for me it was a struggle and I had to work stuff out with my husband.

Today I am down a pound. Yippy Skippy Do Dah!!

Spider..... Way To GO!

Chris... I am glad that things are working out better for you now, and I am REALLY glad you are still here with the rest of us!

Wooo Woooo Wooooo ICON...... every half pound counts!!

Now..... I see someone posted a question about what is the Challange..... I think I will go read what they said and invite them over ..... good idea eh?

Hugs to you all.
Libby
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 18:45

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default What a good day

Even though it was dreary and rainy, it was a great day!

One thing I've noticed since getting back on track, and I noticed this a few weeks back as well, is that I have an unlimited amount of energy! Almost TOO much. I can't seem to stop myself from being busy even if it's just cleaning around the house. I've steam cleaned all my carpets, finshed ALL the laundry, reorganized the clothes closets, cleaned both kid's rooms, gone through their summer clothes to see what will fit, cooked numerous meals, the list goes on. And that was basically in 2 day's time. I'm afraid I'm going to colapse!!

Today I'm beat. Worked a full day at the preschool today so I'm hoping to put the kids to bed and plop down and watch tv for a while. Might read.

Menu:

B: Omlette w/sausage, cheese

L: Spinach soup
2 boneless chicken thighs
1 oz cheese

D: Roast beef, mashed cauliflower, mushrooms, salad
Blueberry pie and coffee

Twas delish!

How is everyone doing?

Lisa
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 20:58

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default CHECK IN

HEY GUYS,
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. I KNOW I'M NOT LCING ANYMORE BUT I STILL ENJOY CHECKING IN. TODAY MY TIGHT BLACK PANTS WERE NOT TIGHT. I HAD EXTRA ROOM IN THE BUTT AND I FELT COMFORTABLE. I WAS HAPPY ABOUT THAT. I HAVE MANY CLOTHES THAT HAVE GOTTEN TIGHT AND I'M NOT COMFORTABLE IN. GOTTA FIT INTO THAT SUMMER WARDROBE! GOT A WHOLE BOX OF TANKS AND BOARD SHORTS.

I'VE BEEN EATING WELL. NO JUNK. MOSTLY PROTEIN, FRUIT, YOGURT AND VEGGIES. NOT MUCH BREAD AT ALL. MAYBE A COUPLE OF TIMES A WEEK.

TOM HERE ANY SECOND SO I THINK I'LL WAIT TO GET ON THAT SCALE.

GOOD GOING ALL! STAY WELL.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 05:11

BF:
Default Check in...

Hey guys, Well I'm back down to 180 this week without trying... So maybe if I keep going like this I'll be lower tomorrow...

I have noticed that I'm not that hungry either. So if I'm not hungry.. I don't eat! Or I wait till I am and nibble a bit. I had a breakfast meeting yesterday and a birthday luncheon to attend. My meals weren't LC though.

BR: 1 coffee w/cream & sweetner, 1 bagel with cream cheese
L: cream of mushroom soup, 2 chicken leggs, potato salad, pasta salad and 1 piece of cherry cheesecake with a blob of strawberry mouse.

D: some chinese veggie that sort of tasted like broccoli and 4 ginger wings. For desert I had a bowl of cheerios
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 10:27

BF:
Default check in

I don't know if I even checked in yesterday.

I'm holding at 130, but think the needle is on the low side of it. I reinflated my exercise ball last night. I prefer to use it at the computer instead of my office chair that needs replaced.

Hope to break my stall this week.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 10:46

BF:
Default Libby

Hey girl, don't you worry about me. I did not get offended one little bit. None of you know DH however you've grown to know me a bit along my ups and downs. I was very touched that someone cared to that point.

DH is very loving, but he's also "just" a man after all. They can sometimes be a little childish and selfish ... Unlike us women folk...
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 11:11

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Cool Good Morning

It's going to be another 80+ degree day here in sunny Las Vegas.

My scales are sitting between 160 & 161. Yippy!! 'specially cause my TOM sideswiped me yesterday. For the first time in years I didn't even feel it coming. Gota love THAT! AND I didn't gain my usual 3 pounds with my TOM.

Yesterday I did something just for the fun of it. I bought Ketostix. I know I don't need them. Obviously this Low Carb thang is working for me, but I was curious. I brought them right home....and tried one out. Any of ya'll ever tried them? It kinda reminds me of testing my fish tank water. LOL. You compare the color on the end of the "stick" thangy to a chart. The chart runs from Negative, Trace, Small, Moderate, and two catagories of Large. From what I have been reading about ketones I don't think it is very good for you to be all the way up in the two highest cagagories(at least not for long). I was between Small and Moderate. I guess that means I am in ketosis. Hmm..... how about that.

Okay.... gota Question for ya'll......
What kind of Vitamins/Supplements do you take?

I have been taking GTF Chromium, vit E, vit C, and a B complex. I have been reading up on what else I should have.... like potassium and maybe folate. What do you think?

Catch ya soon,
Libby

Last edited by Libbyfcr : Wed, Mar-27-02 at 16:06.