Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 18:01
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Feeling human again after eating carbs, any thoughts?

Hello everyone, I'm a first time poster. If anyone's wondering about my rather odd name, it's an anagram of the first two letters of the names of my cats -- Rose, Tye, Leo, and Addie. I would've used my other nickname but it was too long for this forum, so I'm stuck with my crazy cat lady name!

Anyway, I could really use some help. I've been eating a grain free diet for a while now, and four months ago I decided to ditch the sweetened foods in my diet to see if I could lose more weight. The result was overwhelming fatigue, excruciating muscle pain, and constant hunger. I ate more thinking I wasn't getting enough calories, but I piled on 15 pounds and was still ravenous.

I got some chocolates for Christmas, and when I ate one it gave me the most epic sugar rush I've ever experienced, and afterwards I actually had energy, I could think clearly, and I wasn't hungry anymore. I've been eating more carbs since then, and I'm pain free and feeling a whole lot better.

This is driving me insane. I mean, all I did here was replace chocolate soy milk with canned, unsweetened coconut milk and cocoa powder, and trail mix with eggs and cheese. To try to deal with my hunger I ate more eggs, meat, vegetables, avocados, I even tried unsweetened soy milk to see if I needed the vitamins in it . . . but I was revived by a freaking Turtles chocolate??

Does anyone here have any idea what happened here? I was only eating around 25 - 30 grams of carbs per day and I read that if you go below 50 you'll go into ketosis, am I mistaken on that? Or does it sound like I had a bad reaction to being in ketosis? I don't have a gallbladder, maybe I just couldn't process the amount of fat I ate at a time?

I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice here! My reactive hypoglycemia is acting up again so it's time to cut back on the carbs, but I have no idea how far to take it. I'm starting to think ketosis really isn't for me, but too many carbs mess me up too, I'm caught between a rock and a hard place here!
Sponsored Links