Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 06:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey lady, wow what a challenge that is gonna be. good for you for resisting. i have to tast it for the same reason so i can say that i ate it and it is good or bad. now ,i maybe able to get away with just tasting the broth, which should be no problem. cause i really would like to save my reward meal for dinner. but i will see, i have to take it one day at a time. right now i would love to be able to stick with this for two weeks straight. i want to thank all of you for giving me hope and encouragement that i need so much right now ,being at my all time weight and spring just around the corner. i am a quitter, i always say i cant do this. this time i would love to stick with it and make it my eating for life. i just need to get through the first 2 weeks without a cheat. with all of you great guys helping i feel like i can do it. so here i go. i will not quit. i need to do this, i need to end my carb addictions and binging. thanks again guys. i so do appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 19:33
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
i can say that i ate it and it is good or bad

For me the curiosity on how something tastes, good or bad, is the hardest part of LC. I don't really get cravings, and most of the time behave myself. But I'll see soemthing new and go nuts wondering how it tastes. If i can get a sample instead of having to get a full thing, all the better. My SO is sick of me sneaking a bite of his food. There was a cheesecake torte at Walmart I wanted to try sooo bad. They finally had a sample of it. I thought it was disgusting with a nasty after taste. At least I found out without wasting money buying a whole one

I am probably too bad about the "just one bite" I can stop myself at that one bite, but I know there ar emany addicts out there who couldn't. It still can't be good fo rmy weight 5loss though.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:03

Plan: CALP now Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

You poor baby, you are too too hard on yourself. Did you know stress can cause you to gain weight without even trying? Of course you did!
...Now buckle up and look at yourself in the mirror and tell youself you love yourself just the way you are right now...keep saying it until you believe it.. ( I am fearfully and wonderfully made)then tell yourself you are going to change those habits that are driving you crazy. That includes tasting the soups at work, etc. Tell your boss, if you haven't already, that you have a medical condition that does not allow you to eat anything with high carbs in it during the day. If the soups are made with rice, peas, carrots, onions etc. you are still getting carbs in the broth, which may be subtle, but can set you off.
If nothing else, pretend there is an invisible zipper on your mouth which does not come off till supper. ( I know there are some people we wish had that lol) When 3 o'clock rolls around and the carb monster checks in, hit him with low carb veggies or a salad, or cheese or anything thats on the CM lists.( Invite your daughter to eat these kinds of foods with you while she is doing her homework.)
Then when its time for the RM, at least you won't be ravenous... when the RM hour comes, make certain you eat a very large green salad. In the beginning while I was making supper, I had the habit of picking. So I ate my salad while I was making my yummy RM. That way when it came time to sit with my family, I ate the same things they were eating. Just had the salad abit earlier. If its not all timed in the beginning, its ok...Your body will adjust. Another method that also worked for me at the reward meal was to eat all the protein, low carb foods first and save the high carbs for last. And remember the water is so very important, it can't be stated enough...good luck and please love yourself...you are a valuable person...
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 06:20

BF:

calpnpat, thank you so much, i love the ideas and suggetions you have given me for the problems i have sticking to this way of eating. i have strayed again and binged. i am really tired of this and i know if i would just give this way of eating a full two weeks i know i will get a grip on my weight. the weather is finally changing around here , which, since i ride my bike to work i have been so waiting for. but with the warm weather also comes lighter clothes, i cant hide behind my sweats anymore. i really want this to be my way of eating for life. you bet i will try all your suggestions. congrats on your weight loss. i need to post here more often. i have been working at the deli for over a yr, so i my boss knows i dont really have anything medically wrong with me, i will have to see what i can do about that. thanks again and you have given me my motivation back, now i need to keep it.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 07:52

BF:

hey guys, well i just found out i dont do so well having my reward meal for lunch, it is ok, cause now i know to stay on program with cad i have to have my reward meal at dinner. i am not quitting but if i dont really get my act together with this plan i am going to burst!!!! i havent been on the scale but i feel myself gettting bigger. i excercised twice this week and will continue through the weekend. now to get really serious. i know what to do, no more experimenting. i have got to succeed and challenge myself to do this for 2 full weeks no cheats no excuses. i have wasted to much time already. i think i need to find someones journal who is successfully doing cad and maybe get some tips on what they are eating and how they stayed on program. thanks for the advice guys. i am still hanging in there. i just cant quit again.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 10:07
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Check out Vel's journal. Or Elvis's.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 08:04

BF:

thanks Z i will. i should have come on here over the weekend, i messed up pretty bad. i did well wed thur and fri. i will weigh in again on wed morning but i am not looking for a loss since i messed up so bad over the weekend. will ever get through 2 whole weeks without messing this up?? i need to give it 2 full weeks to really get rid of the carb cravings, is what i heard. actually i would love to get through one week. i only excercised twice last week but i was moving around alot cleaning . i have got to work harder. i am such a mess right now, i just feel horrible. the weather is getting nicer and i dont even want to look at a pair of shorts and my 20 yr high school reunion is in may or june . i want to go and look and feel good. it is doesnt seem possible for me to finally lose this weight. i keep failing at every attempt i have ever made. i will keep trying, look at some journals, cause i really need ideas for the cm meals. i need some lowcarb soup recipes, i love soup. well thanks again.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 06:52

BF:
Default still here

hey guys, i am just checking in and lost a lb this week. i still was messing up with the cad plan and not fully giving it my all, i guess i was trying to wean my way into this. but even doing cad half the time has helped me control my carbs and lose some weight a little bit but still a loss. i know now that when i am fully on cad, i feel so much in control, i dont want to snack in between breakfast and lunch. now, i see what cad can do for me, i have to go on this for life. weekends are still a problem, i like to drink. i know i can have my drinks for one hr at the reward meal but it just doesnt seem to work out that way. i know this will slow down my weight loss so i have to get in control of that. i am feeling pretty confident that i can make this my way of eating for life. i have been reading elvis journal and getting ideas of what to eat. i will look into recipes next. i do tend to fall into eating the same things at my cm and it gets old real fast and that is what makes me stray of this woe. so i am still tweaking this a bit and hope to be on this full time for life. my weigh in this morning was 1 lb loss. i will certainly take it. have a great day all.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 11:47

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

WTG on the lb! Good Job!

One lb at a time! That's what I keep telling myself
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 20:38

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 316/228/150.0 Female 5'3
BF:54
Progress: 53%

Hi Willbthin,
Look at MY journal if you want to see a quitter! It is so hard to stick to any restrictive plan, I know. I feel like I'm a big spoiled baby who can't say no to yummy foods. Makes me so mad at myself, I've quit a number of times. The thing is-I KNOW this is a wonderful way of eatting. It really, really works. I don't know this PERSONALLY, I know it by reading successful journals like you've been doing. Some of these people, like Vel, are sooooo inspirational! All I can say is don't give up, you can do it. You're health is worth it. As many times as I have fallen, I continue to get up and plan to keep getting up until something sticks! I have tetered back and forth between Atkins and CAD for a couple of years. I believe my problem is a mind problem. I'll lose up to 10# and then quit for one reason or another. It's like I'm afraid of being thin...even though I want that more than anything. I'd LOVE to be your weight! My goodness. Just drop by my journal anytime if you want to chat. You might not see alot of success, but I'm a good listener. BTW, currently, for the past week and a half, I've been Atkinsing and lost 8#. Tonight, I strayed and had a REWARD meal b/c I fixed sloppy joes and I LOVE them! I know this won't hurt. Anyway, I've kind of customized mine. Good luck and take care,
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 06:50

BF:

thanks for the support guys. i really needed it, i was going to quit again today. i did alright yesterday, i followed the rules to a tee, but........ that reward meal, i still overeat when i am stuffed, and i eat things i dont even want cause that is the only time of day i can have the carbs. is this plan really for me??? i will try again today, i do like the breakfast and lunch cm meals, i really am in control and dont want to eat in between meals. i like that dinner, i dont have to worry, if husband springs a "lets go out to eat" or my daughter says she wants to take a bike ride and go eat a slice of pizza with her. that stuff keeps me wanting to stay on this plan, but i am afraid that if i continue to overeat at the reward meal i will just wind up maintaining. what do you think?? i would love any and all advice and opinions. thanks again.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 08:09
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

It will pass if you start trusting yourself that the RM will continue to be there. We all go through this period. You are really sabotaging yourself. In the back of your mind, you are telling yourself that this isn't going to work, that you'll have to go off it and find something else. So your mind knows that and your body does to. So you are stuffing all you can in the RM because you don't trust it and know you'll go off it on to something more restrictive. For YOU, each RM is the LAST RM!!!

Try to trust it. That it will work and that things will change. Make a deal with yourself. Say I will stay on CAD for 2 months no matter what. No matter how out of control the RM is. At the end of two months I will reevaluate. Don't lie to yourself and go back on your word. Don't try to trick yourself by saying it but not really believing it. YOU will know.

Give yourself a chance.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 13:32

BF:

hey zuleikaa, you are so right, i am thinking that!! are you in my head?? i see you have lost 50 you are doing great!! i trust what you are saying. i didnt pigout today but i did go off cad , i had some ch noodle soup, some pretzels and i cookie, but i had that like all through the afternoon instead of my reward meal, cause i had convinced myself that cad wouldnt work so i was thinking i was quitting so i ate . i will keep trying. thanks so much.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 06:19

BF:

hi, yesterday i messed up a little,and of course convinced myself that this is a plan that wouldnt work either. but when i got on the scale this morning and it still read 195 and i even had mcdonalds for my reward meal, i wanted to continue to get healthy for good on this plan. i do have to learn to trust this. i have failed so many times in the past. i was convincing myself that i cant do this for life , but maybe i can. i know a major problem of mine is my cm meals. i am eating the samed things and it doenst feel right to eat cheese alot. that is what i do, i love cheese and i cant make this way of eating a green light to eat all the cheese i want. i am not eating enough veggies either, i never did. but at my cm meals i am going to have to learn to eat more veggies. happy easter everyone, i have lots of plans , easter egg hunts hanging out with family and i know that means drinks. i have to plan for that. hope all of you are well and enjoy your easter.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 13:05

BF:

well, i quit again and tried to do richard simmons, i was just to hungry on it. i dont want to close windows or have to count pts, cad has very few rules, why cant i trust that it will work? i am gonna keep trying.