Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 06:51

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Thumbs down Stubborn lower bodyfat abdominal (girlfriend)

My girlfriend has been stuck to 135 pounds for at least a year now, she is 5 feet tall and weighted in at 170 pounds when i met here.

SHe has gotten smaller but is stuck, she did various diets that didnt quit help, thin for life helped here for a while, on top right now we dont have any membership to a gym, will get one in end of october i hope.

She has sort of a pouch on the lower abs, and the fat there doesnt move at all, she has a good amount of bodyfat in the back too.

She was told by here family doctor that here bottom fat wont go away unless she gets liposuccion or an abdominoplatic or something.

I dont know if low carb could be the solution, and allow a cheat day one weekend, i know here she probably wont exagerate and is very determine right now to do what it takes.

Anyone add this problem of behing stuck, doctor says she cant go down anymore but i still beleive that she can burn that fat off.

I dont like using words has fat and all and i dont mean to offend no one, i just cant find any other word to descrive here situation.

Can low carb help here lose about 15-18 pounds, i know that Fern add great fatloss and resutls, she add what i called an amazing transformation in record time.

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 07:46

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default YES!

It's worth a shot. It's cheaper than liposuction.

Well, Fern did an enormoous amount of work in a short time. I know because I trained her. Besides the CKD eating, which she ridgidly followed getting no more than 20g carbs per day, and kept the protein where it needed to be.

She (we) did an intense cardio program. Monday - Friday for week 1 she did 30 minutes of cadio first thing in the morning. Each week, it increased 15 minutes until it reached an hour. When it would have been an hour in the morning, we broke it up to be 30 minutes in the AM and 30 minutes in the PM ... AFTER weight training, if it was a weights day.

Then, it increased 15 minutes each week. First to the AM, then to the PM, alternating until it was an hour of cardio AM and PM. That was the last week.

Weights were 3x per week, full body workouts, superset style. Which (sorry) I can't give away since I sell a program that is like that. I have to pay for my student loans somehow ... LOL ...

As you see, it would involve a gym or at least a piece of cardio equipment at home.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 07:49

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up thanks

For the training part its ok i have been training my girlfriend too, i cant wait to get the membership to the gym.

Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 20:01

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

I agree that liposuction isn't the only way. Why not have her try the CKD if she is not happy and wants to lose some more fat in her abdomen. My waist decreased when I did my first CKD. Keep us updated on her progress and have her email me if she has any questions.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 15:32

Plan: CKD
Stats: 298/190/180
BF:
Progress: 92%

she needs a CKD diet, with some thermogenic supplements and a bottle of lipoderm-y or yohimburn.

Her body doesn't feel the need to let go of that fat stored there, her leptin levels are probably too low and she needs to carb-up to restore it, low-carb during the week to work it off, and use the yohimburn and or lipoderm-y to tell those adipocytes ( fat deposits ) to release the fat stores where it is applied so it can be used as energy during ketosis and training / cardio.

I was looking at liposuction websites and doctors before I found yohimburn and lipoderm-y .. the ONLY reason I might need a surgeon now is because my skin was stretched so much ( I am a 34 waist now, but I was a 44 ) that it will only tighten to a certain extent with diet and exercise and beyond that surgical services are required.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 17:29
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Have her look into going on fat flush for two weeks. That's for lower body fat and higher metabolism.