Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 16:32
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%
Default The 3-Day or Air Force Diet

When I was in the state ANG we had strict weight limits. This plan was Xeroxed and passed around. Quite popular with us fatties, perhaps even today?

It worked for me, but was very hard, a draconian way to drop a stone

Now with all the "LifeBox" and "fasting mimicking" talk, well, I remembered it. It's an simple CR or a 'crash diet' that likely results in mostly water loss, but then who knows?

What worried me is the claim "It's the combination of foods that makes this work" you must follow it exactly, no substitutions! Also, "Eat the most when your metabolism runs at its highest, in the morning" gave me pause since I am not hungry 1st thing in the morning.

http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

I most definitely remember the 1/2 cup of "Vanilla Ice Cream!"
Quote:
The Military Diet is a form of intermittent fasting:

Any diet that dictates less than 1000 calories a day is a type of fasting. And fasting changes the way the body works. For starters, fasting lowers levels of IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor). Lower levels are a good thing. Besides weight loss and increased metabolism, low IGF-1 lowers risk of diabetes and increases longevity. With lower levels of IGF-1 from fasting, the body switches from growth mode to repair mode. This turns the body into a fat burning machine. Fasting actually increases the metabolism as the body switches into repair overdrive.

If you want to see maximum results on the Military Diet, don’t go crazy on your four days off. Eat like you normally would, or better, but don’t overcompensate for the 3 days of dieting by binging on everything in sight.

We encourage you to eat lots of healthy fats like coconut and olive oil, avocado, eggs, nuts and butter on your days off. Fat is one of the most important nutrients in your body.
Fasting diet (FMD) N=1 results:

http://www.quantifiedbob.com/2016/0...mimicking-diet/

Last edited by mike_d : Tue, May-16-17 at 18:24.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/285.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

this reminds me of the cabbage soup diet!! LOL - it's been a lot of years, but I swear there were days where you ate nothing but 12 eggs, and others were you had to have bananas five times a day....