Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/150
BF:??????????
Progress: 47%
Angry "keto bread"

Has anybody tried this stuff???? I made the golden original kind, it looked beautiful in the oven ,well, the fun started when I tried to get it out of the bread pan, it was stuck really bad, ripped the bottom off the loaf when I tried to pry it out. I tasted a pinch of what was left in the pan & almost choked to death, So, maybe toasted with some p'btr on it???? That doesn't help at all Does anybody else think it is like "bad sponge"????? IMHO, it is a big waste of time & money. Today must be the day for discoveries, On another website, I saw that to cook the low carb pasta, it had to go in either a slow cooker or pressure cooker, I have Darielle Penne, I put 3/4 c pasta & 3 c water in a crock pot, a couple hours later when I checked for progress, I had a pot of chunky slime----HELP! How do you cook this stuff????? Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 16:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/189/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default i havent tried to keto bread mix but

i have tried the atkins bread mixes in my bread machine and they were pretty good. So far i've had the sourdough and the country white and they were both pretty good. I have the bread a couple times a week for a sandwich for dinner ect.
linda
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 17:10
Registered Member

Stats: 300/257/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

I can't help on the cooking Auntie, but I can identify with your Keto bread experience. In fact, ALL of the products I've purchased from them have tasted horrible. I've tried the breads, brownies, various chips and snacks, and lowcarb bars. I ended up tossing all of them. Abstinence is alot more attractive to me. Let us know if you find anything good there....LOL
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 17:15

Stats: 235/195/150
BF:??????????
Progress: 47%
Default Mixes

The best I've found so far is Atkins Caraway Rye bread mix, also, the cornmeal muffins are great! I don't think I want anymore "keto"stuff! This new way of life is just a total adventure isn't it? I will try the pasta again, but will try cooking it like the real stuff. Happy losing.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 21:55

Plan: Atkins/Intro
Stats: 194/186/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs down

Oh GAWD, Yes I have tried it and it was the most disgusting thing ever!!! It was like eating a dry sponge, a dry flavorless sponge!!

Never again!! YUK!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 12:38

Stats: 000/000/153
BF:2 much for now
Progress: 0%

I have two cans but haven't had the nerve to try them after the fiasco with the cookies. They were awful. The only Keto thing I like is the Hot Cocoa Mix. Now see my sig line for my experience and my DONATION for the yucky, old tortillas I bought from the online store. Never again will I do business with that place
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 18:04

Stats: 161/146/135
BF:00/35%/24%
Progress: 58%
Default This one is good!

I just bought some low carb bread (4 carbs) 1 from fiber. net carbs 3 g. It's made from a company called Food for Life. It's called LowCarbohydrate Savory Herb Bread (no preservatives).

The ingredients : Wheat Gluten, filtered water, Soy flour, Flax seeds, oat flour, safflower oil, onions, organic dill, sea salt, fresh yeast.

I just had a chicken salad SANDWICH. It was really tasty.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 18:15
Registered Member

Stats: 300/257/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

Has anyone tried the Atkins pre-made bread? I just placed my first order for two loaves (at almost $5.00 each, yikes!). But it will go into the freezer and be a once in awhile treat. If I like it. LOL
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 13:29

Stats: 162/144/127
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Atkins Bread

Yes, I have a loaf of the Atkins bread in the freezer for an occassional treat when I feel like I am in a rut... gotta tell ya, it's pretty good! Expensive, yes, but keeps well.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 19:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 173/164/148
BF:
Progress: 36%

I bought some of the Low Carbohydrate Bread (not the savory herb one) and had two pieces toasted for breakfast this morning. It wasn't exactly like eating regular bread, but it wasn't bad. I also have a box of the Atkins white bread machine mix, but haven't tried it yet. I'm not that much of a bread eater, but I do miss an occasional sandwich or piece of toast.
Has anyone tried the Keto ice cream mix? My DH really misses his ice cream.
Patti
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:50
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

A little late in posting but might I suggest using the keto bread mix to make pancakes? Someone posted that here, earlier and I ordered it straight away, didn't even bother making it into bread. I add water and a little cream, fry up like a pancake. NOT bad at all - and I am not a fan of Frankenfoods.