Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 04:29

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 134/128/120
BF:
Progress: 43%
Question meal distribution

Hello there!!

I started CAD yesteday and of course I'm full of doubts. Heeeeelp!

I had no breakfast cause I wasn't hungry, had my RM for lunch at about one o'clock, usually I go to gym but was busy, but by 7 o'clock in the evening I had the shakes I was reeeeally hungry and I don't think I would have been able to go to gym so hungry (when I go to gym I only manage to eat dinner at about 8 o'clock in the evening).

Question: since I skip breakfast, would it be ok to have a snack in the mid-afternoon? As if it were A CM snack or something?

By the way I didn't lose an ounce even though I really didn't eat that much ... I've been reading the journals and some people seem to really be eating at lot and are losing .... I s'pose it's too early to judge though, isn't it?

Thanks for the support, people ...
Bye
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 10:34

Plan: PP
Stats: 130/128/120
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi - I am new to this forum too, but have done CAD a few years ago. If you skip breakfast, you CAN have a CM meal at another time of day.

I re-read CALP last night, and it says you can also have CM snacks if you get hungry. Don't let yourself get the shakes!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 06:23

BF:

Hi Suzz

yaeh, I read that about the CALP snacks just yesterday too... I still only have the old CAD book and was actually putting on weight ... now I know the revised rules I'm doing quite well ... and the shakes have gone too... my body was probably still sticking it's heels in against the disappearance of it's cappuccino and croissant breakfast.

Why d'you change diets? Wasn't CALP good for you?

Liv
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 09:36

BF:

Hi Liv . . .

I just restarted CALP yesterday. It didn't work for me before, b/c I would lose control in the reward meal and not keep it balanced. THe zone worked better for me for a while when I was single, but since getting married last May, its hard to stay relatively low carb at dinner with my husband cooking pasta dishes and homemade pizza alot. So I gained 7 pounds in 9 mths and I'm sick of it!!

I'm giving CALP a try first, but if it doesn't work, I'll go back to the Zone b/c iI know it works for me. We're going to Jamaica in May, so I HAVE to lose some of this wt.

Hey, I noticed we weigh the same! I have wondered if CALP will work as well for someone without too much to lose. I hope so!!

Suz
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 09:56

BF:

Oh goody!!! We can go it together ... yes I guess having the same amount to lose and being at the same starting point can be a good way to determine how things are going ...

Please let me know how you're doing and what you're eating ... unfortunately I only have internet at the office so I won't be able to check in again until Monday, but write what you eat and let me know, ok?

Have a great W:E. and ... OH WOW I just clicked HAWAIII!!! Oh that sounds GREAT!! and what a great goal!!!! I'm sure you'll be great in a flowery bikini and straw skirt ...

Bye for now

Liv
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 10:21

BF:

Hurray . . . a CALP partner!! I will post what I eat in my journal that I just started . . . . but I have to admitt yesterday I was very hungry before bed! And I woke up at 6am starving, but I just had a drink of water and went back to sleep.

Today, so far I had a cup of coffee with half and half, and a cheese omelet. I'll update the rest of the day later.

You have a good W/E too! By the way, do you weigh yourself everyday? I don't think I can handle that, even though its in the book. Long story about old eating disorder. Anyway, I don't have a scale at home, so I weigh myself when I get to work (I work in a hospital).

Suz
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 02:33

BF:
Unhappy

Hi Suzz!!

Happy monday (bleagh!!) I know what you mean about the scale ... I also had problems of the type I think you're talking about when I was younger, but I can't seem to NOT weigh every morning. Sometimes I decide to weigh like once a week but halfway through the day I get a panic attack and decide that if I don't weigh I'll never lose ... I try not to overdo it though sometimes it's difficult.

My weekend was disastrous foodwise: I had it all worked out but then at the last moment I had 1 suprise family dinner and a really long dinner which I couldn't shorten. I agree that sometimes it's a question of self-discipline but there are times when you just can't offend people, especially your boss (that was the case on saturday)...

I live in Italy as I may have mentioned and family dinners are very important things ... sometimes you just can't get round them. Anyway, today I'm back on the wagon, hoping that at least until saturday I'll be able to avoid any dinners out....

I'm on my way to check out your journal. How was your weekend? Were you really super good?

Bye for now
Liv
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 08:29

BF:
Default happy monday to you!

Hi Liv!

I did not know you live in Italy, but I completely understand the dinner situation. I am Italian and my husband's family is straight from Italy, so the WORLD revolves around food (and wine). It is hard. I actually made my husband say no to dinner at his parents house last night, b/c I was doing well.

I thought I was doing well!! I think I lost .5 lbs (if any at all)! I really thought it would be more than that! I'm kinda bummed about it this morning, and almost gave up and ate a uffin, but I decided to try another week. I do fell better not being hungry and worrying about my next meal, so I'll give it more time. If it doesn't work, I may have to try the ZONE again.

Don't beat yourself up about the weekend's eating. I DO know how hard it is.

Talk to you later!
Suzanne
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 08:59

BF:

Hi Suzanne!

Don't give up!!! I haven't checked out your food diary today, but I found that the diet got much faster if you cut down the veggies at the CMs. I basically have 1 boiled egg for breakfast or a piece of cheese, RM for lunch a nd only grilled turkey or something like that for dinner... very little fat (I use mustard for the meat) ... and even though my RM is pretty heavy (chockies etc.) I lost 2 pounds between last tuesday and Saturday ...

I'm not very good at practising what I preach but having so few pounds to lose I think you don't even need to think about it ... just do it and by the time comes for your holiday you'll be in top shape, I'm sure!!!

Keep me posted!!!
Liv