Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 12:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/211.0/185 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Snacking at night

First post in a few years and for some weird reason my work computer will not allow me to use the 'search' function so here goes:

We did LCHF last year and I lost almost 50 lbs but fell off the wagon about 6 months ago so recently started back. All day long I'm fine with my choices at work and evening dinner with my wife so no issues there. What I'm really struggling with is snacking at night.

While we are not following an actual plan, we are definitely keeping carbs under 40g per day but not counting macros, and I have lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks. I am proud of that and it keeps me honest until about 8pm when sitting in front of the television I start wondering what's in the pantry.

In the past it was nothing to put away a litre and half of ice cream per night, followed with some potato chips and possibly cookies. Although we don't have any of that bad stuff in the house I tend to overdo it with LC snacks that we do have. Specifically, almonds and homemade desserts.

My wife will make a week's worth of these little 'fat bombs', or 'homemade LC cheesecake' and I would have almost four or five of them in a night, leaving me without any for the other days of the week. When they're gone I resort to HUGE spoonfuls of natural peanut butter.

I completely understand that I am sabotaging my efforts but I almost feel panicky if I don't have anything to snack on. Please tell me I'm not alone and if possible how to overcome this.
Sponsored Links