Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-09, 19:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/156/135 Female 5 FT 4 inches
BF:11/24/08 start dat
Progress: 45%
Default wasa crackers

Are these the crackers that are suppose to be low carb and allowed ? I think last time I was on Atkins I had these.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-09, 20:46

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

I know I can't eat them as they are a trigger food for me however my kids when they are lowcarbing can have several a day and still manage to lose.

Edited to add: some are carby that others. I have only found one that is 5carbs each after fiber is taken off. Can't recall which one though

Last edited by dearmommy : Sat, Jan-03-09 at 20:47. Reason: added more infor
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-09, 21:54

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I think the way I remember it is Atkins himself would eat Wasa crackers VERY rarely when he really needed that crunchy fix. I don't ever remember it being recommended as a standard part of the diet. But your body may be able to handle it.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 16:09
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Wasas would not be an induction friendly food. But as you get into OWL phase and get to the grain rung, you can try to add them in at that time.

They use the whole grain and come in rye, which is the one I eat simply because I avoid wheat in general. I eat them daily, 1-2 is my max per day. When I look for weight loss, they are the first thing to get knocked out.

GG bran crispbread is another good and very low carb cracker.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 16:30
Never Give Up!!

Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I eat those GG crispbreads occasionally, had quite a few over new years with cheese and sausage tray. They are very hearty crackers. I think they are about 2 carbs per cracker, but the cracker is pretty big. I usually split it into thirds, so actually it's like 2 carbs per 3 normal size crackers. As long as I eat these loaded with cheese and sausage, they are pretty filling, each cracker has 5 grams fiber, I believe. I know they recalculated the nutrition content on Netrition.com. OK for someone in OWL, induction friendly?..no.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 19:20

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

And just keep in mind that Atkins said most people will never get to eat grains again.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 01:15
Paper beats rock?!?

Plan: Atkins! (Maintenance)
Stats: 178/147.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Also keep in mind that if you stay away from grain entirely while losing, you may find you don't WANT to add it back in as a regular staple.

I say this as someone who ate some pizza tonight -- the only grain I've eaten in the last six weeks, and probably for the next six weeks to come. I just don't miss it, usually! But man, had you told me two years ago that I'd be saying such things, I would've called you nuts.

I guess my point is, have faith in the plan! Follow it to a T and see what happens before you start deviating.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

And if you do choose to eat GG Crispbread, be aware that the carb count on them is *net carbs* -- the fiber is already subtracted from the carb count (it's a European style label).
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 14:44

Stats: 339/306.5/150 Female 5 ft. 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Wasas would not be an induction friendly food. But as you get into OWL phase and get to the grain rung, you can try to add them in at that time.

FYI - Wasa high fiber flat bread is listed a few times on the Atkins website under the two-week induction meal plan. I too can't eat these until I am out of induction and in more control and then only occassionally.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 16:07
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzysmom
FYI - Wasa high fiber flat bread is listed a few times on the Atkins website under the two-week induction meal plan. I too can't eat these until I am out of induction and in more control and then only occassionally.

Well .....thats surely new!!

Even SBD does not allow any grain product in phase I aka induction.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Atkins website is *not* the same as the Atkins diets written by Dr. Atkins. Most of us here recommend the books, any of his books, over that website. It's about selling Atkins Nutritionals Frankenfoods.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 04:53

Stats: 173/156/135 Female 5 FT 4 inches
BF:11/24/08 start dat
Progress: 45%

Ok what's GG crackers ? Where do you get ?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-09, 08:48

Plan: Atkins/Hhcg
Stats: 155/115/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 133%

I love Wasa crackers topped with sliced cheese and tunafish. However, not in Atkins' induction--they are not allowed in induction. But for OWL as long as you count the carbs it should be OK as long as you count the carbs. I just have one cracker as a serving and if I want more food for lunch I just eat more tuna with no cracker. My DD who is 7 just loves these too!! Her favorite after school snack and she can have 2 if she wants!