Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-06, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/145/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Total Gym(r) or Total Trainer(r) - have one? used one?

WORTH the $$$ ?

Hubby used the Total Gym for modified squats during rehab from knee surg's (3 in 1 yr!) at Phys.Therapist, he loved it. I have never used one.

We've thought about purchasing one every time we see Chucky & Cutie's infomercial - but I just can't get myself to part with the BIG bucks. Now on ebay there's knock off called the T.Trainer (99.8% positive feed back & thousands sold), which costs a much less and comes with a lot more stuff.

Have you used this type of machine for real workouts?

What was your experience?

I currently do a mesclun of exercise tapes & weekly weight lift (boring!) and tennis once a week.

Feed back would be super - thanx!

Netie.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I have a Total Gym 1500 that I bought from a store that carries used exercise equipment. I paid $99 for it and it is a great machine. You really can work all the bpdy parts.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 10:42

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/180/175 Female 179cm
BF:
Progress:

I have one which I use pretty regularly, even though I mostly train heavy with free weights. I use the squat function as a warm-up or for single-leg work, and I use it for pull-ups every back day. I can't do bodyweight pull-ups yet, so the TT is great.

What I use it most for is as a very adjustable bench. I put a step under the low end to make it a flat bench, and can adjust the angle for various degrees of inclination for chest, shoulder, arm and back work.

One great advantage (for me) is that it is safe for the children to use. Because it's bodyweight based (though you can add plates to mine), they can all use it.