Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 23:06
Registered Member

Plan: Carbo Addicts modified
Stats: 199/185/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default My relationship with food is dysfunctional

I've finally decided to view my relationship with food like I would any other relationship. So I have to ask myself; What am I putting into it and wht am I getting out of it? I have to have a relationship with food because its needed for my survival, its not like alcohol or smoking that a person can give up completely. Or someone I can leave or divorce, its got to be in my life. So I have to learn how to have a healthy relationship with food or it will continue to be a dysfunctional relationship that will bring me a lot of pain. I can't blame my weight on food, its just doing its job, its how I interact with food. I use it and abuse it and pay a price only only on the scale but in how I feel about me. So my journey is not just about weight loss, its learning how to have a healthy relationship with food.

Eat to live, not live to eat!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 14:48

Plan: Now I'm following Carb addict's
Stats: 135/125/115
BF:
Progress: 50%

Betsy,
Thanks for writing that and here's to healthy relationships.

You're so right, food is diferent than other addictions in that we still have to use the substance that we have an addictive relations with.

I guess it's a "it's my choice" kinda thing then...I can either work on having a relationship that is nurishing (lit. and fig.) or I can have one that is hurtfull and underminds my self worth, my choice.

With experance in 12 steps I am also reminded of the power and importance of call on a power greater than myself to help me keep my nose (and mouth) pointed in the best direction.

Thanks again,
Rachel