Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#916   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 298/298/240 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Cindy I'm sorry you had complications with your surgery. Hope you feel better. Welcome back, Mayflower. I am pretty new, here myself. Everyone here is very kind and helpful. Good Luck
Jane
Sponsored Links
  #917   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 08:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
Cindy, hope you feel better soon. At least you don't have to do this again!

The dinner out with the team sounded fun, Tracy.

We had people over on Friday and went out to a friend's on Sat and ate home last night. The people who came over on Friday brought a huge black forest cake- and left it. I threw it out- no one here liked it. I am sooo over not tossing food I don't want to eat- my eating it is more of a waste than throwing it out!
So last night we just grilled steaks and I made a salad and okra and and I had bread for my carb. DS and DH had rice and ice cream too.

I am trying a recipe from this forum today- sticky chicken. It is supposed to cook for 5 hours at only 250. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am also going to give Chromium another try. I have been rereading some of my Heller stuff- an older book called Healthy for Life- and they tell you to have the Chromium with dinner. That I think I can do.

May- I also mostly follow the CAHHP program. It is just like CALP, but updated.

so that's all for now..
E
  #918   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 09:02

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

My husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary this weekend. We ate lunch at a local Mexican restaurant and then we traveled an hour so we could go clothes shopping. It reminded me of going back to school shopping with my mom many years ago since I would try on an outfit and walk out to show it off, only to find that there were more clothes waiting for me to try on. It was a positive experience and now we have clothes that both of us would have chosen for each other.

I am definitely in a size 8 jeans. I even bought a pair that were too big in a size 8 so I was able to get them in a size 4-6. I thought my upper body was a size medium but some of the tops were too big so I had to buy them in small. I used to hate going clothes shopping because I never liked the way I looked. Now, after losing all this weight, I actually enjoy it as well as I like the way I look!

When I was trying on my clothes for my 25 year old daughters opinion, my husband wanted to take pictures of me. Since it was 10 p.m., and all the clothes still had the price tags on them, I told him we had plenty of time to take pictures once I made the decision what I wanted to keep.

My husband has a doctors appointment today and I will be joining him on this trip. We still have a few more items that we both need in order to take with us on our cruise to Alaska, so we will be going shopping again today. I found a cute pair of dress shoes that I liked but they did not have them in my size so I hope to find them at another location today.

Sunday, 8.22.10

Weight
155-1/2 lbs.

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
RM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, celery, colby cheese, cucumber, & ranch, ribs, muffin, and a dark chocolate almond cluster
CM: Ribs and green beans w/vinaigrette

Water
100 oz.

Options
Bowflex
20 Minute Better Body Workout, Chest Fly, & Standing Hip Adduction
2 sets of 15 reps
130# Leg Extension
130# Bench Press
090# Chest Fly
130# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
130# Biceps Curl
130# Standing Low Back Extension
130# Seated Lat Rows
090# Standing Hip Adduction
130# Triceps Pushdown
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
  #919   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 14:33

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Teri, what a wonderful experience and adventure...hooray!!! KUTGW!

My middle DD's first day at college today...so will cook her favorite..
Pork chops on the bbq
veggies on bbq
and salad.

I was back at work, so can not make dessert, will give everyone ice cream...I can pass, does not tempt me.

MA
  #920   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 17:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

congrats Teri - what fun!

AM- another milestone!

so- you have to try this recipe. DO a search for STICKY CHICKEN-
it was great! VERY spicy. the guys LOVED it. I did cook it at 250 degrees for 5 hours- it could have been 4. It is actually a slow cooker recipe that someone else noted you could make in the oven.

so...
rm
salad, cauliflower (just put in the oven cut up with olive oil for the last 2 hours of cooking the chicken),water, chicken, nectarine.

tomorrow is leftovers.yay- I love leftovers!

E
  #921   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-10, 06:40
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Wishing you all a nice day. It has gotten a little chilly, here in the Northeast. However, we will back up to the 90's by the weekend. All the recipes are so great, really delicious. So, I am continuing to enjoy this woe. Take care. Jane
  #922   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 03:54

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Weight: 314
Went out to dinner with my mother and two of my three sisters last night, always a nice time.
Yesterday's food:
CM: 2 hardboiled eggs, bit of mayo
CM: large salad with about 3 oz of chicken and ranch
RM: large chicken wrap with lettuce, tomato, cheese, in a tortilla, Salad with house dressing, slice of lemon meringue pie.

Menu for today:
CM: hotdogs with mustard
CM: 2 hardboiled eggs, salad with ranch
RM: 2 hamburger patties, broccoli, raspberries, chocolate.
  #923   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 08:06

BF:

congrats on the scale going down, Vel..yea!

Eno: I googled, the sticky chicken looks too good...don't know if I could stop !

I'm making bbq ribs on the grill for dinner tonight..there is 4 full ribs and right now they are chilling with a cajun rub on them. DD will put them wrapped in foil in the oven for 3 hours this afternoon while I'm at work, when I get home I will put on the grill with a homemade bbq sauce that I made last night. Had to simmer for 1 hour the whole house smelled divine, the sauce tasted so good, so looking forward to the ribs tonight.

later,
MA
  #924   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 18:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

those ribs sound really good too!

Going out to dinner tomorrow and Friday- but it will be on plan. Friday I will have a glass of champagne and some olives and cheese before dinner- then a good RM.

I had the leftover sticky chicken for lunch today - excellent. The next time I make it I think I will use an oven stuffer roaster- so there is more breast meat left over. DH ate the rest last night- so it is history.
E
  #925   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 19:00

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Am I the only one who sort of hates it when people eat up all your good protein? I often have left over chicken pieces mentally earmarked for lunch the next day, only to wake up and find the mice (or son and stepson) have gobbled them all up. Thank goodness for hard boiled eggs and tuna. I could put my name on them, but then I hate to stop them from eating good healthy food. Time to cook more, I guess
  #926   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 19:02

BF:

Eno, didn't the sticky chicken have sugar in it? and it didn't bother you? I know you are maintaining so it's no bigger..just wondering if I looked at the right recipe. Enjoy your dinners out...

The ribs were so good...the sauce wasn't too sweet, very tangy, that was because of the apple cider vinegar...the meat fell off the bones and they tasted so much better baked in the oven then boiled (the old way I used to do it).
there is one rack left...wonder who will be the winner!!!

M-A
  #927   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 07:16
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Everyone, good to read all your posts. I am still doing my best and this is a bit of a learning process. It is not hard, though. Probably, my biggest issue is giving up my morning toast, with breakfast. The rest of it, I am okay with. I think in time, I will be adjusted. It really is a life long habit, along with cereal. I know i could change my reward meal, to breakfast, but, I really don't want to give up my dessert at night. So, this calls for just one sacrifice. I'll get used to it. I can incoporate my bread into my RM though, if I really need to have the taste of a good piece of Rye. I hope you all have a nice day.
Jane
  #928   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 09:12

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

jane, you are not alone in missing cereal and toast. those probably top the list of foods that ALL peop changing to any LC plan miss.
rotate them into your RM's occasionally. but really you will adjust.

vel, go ahead and pack up your lunch and put it in your lunch bag. you can label it if you need to but i just put mine into my insulated bag and leave it in the fridge.

have a nice day everyone.
  #929   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 11:47

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
May- I also mostly follow the CAHHP program. It is just like CALP, but updated.

I was taking the GTF Chromium and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't work to stop the sugar cravings.. then I read in the CAHHP that it should be taken on an empty stomach because it has to compete with zinc in the stomach with a meal so it won't get absorbed. I tried it between meals and it works fine now.
  #930   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 13:24

BF:

Vel, I don't know about your house, but when I make more "meat", it still disappears...Jem51, I like your idea of packing our lunch the night before with the leftovers...now why didn't I think of that.

MA
Closed Thread