Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I am 5'4" and weigh 111 lbs. I have so called swimmer's body. Wide shoulders, small waist, slim hips. I wear size 4 and 2. I also wear very low rise pants. I have no trouble with the style. A flatter stomach will help in fitting these jeans. You have to work out for that. If you can wear a bikini well, you should have no trouble in wearing these.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:31

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:

Featherz

Maybe you have been given the gift of having a small lower frame. I am neither apple nor pear shaped, I am very hour-glass figured. AND I have unchanging thighs! BTW, I am only five feet (and five-eighths of an inch, darnit!) So those sizes, even at death-weight for me, will not be attainable.

When I returned from a trip to Europe (1990) I weighed 97 lbs, and my thighs were still 34" each around... my waist went from a 34 to 21" (I starved!) and my thighs went from 39" to 34".

Good work for the small sizes. Personally, I am happy with being a "10"

M
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 09:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/129.5/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 101%

Good to hear about other "10's" !! I actually have a very flat stomach, narrow shoulders, rather long-waisted (ecto-morph?) with "muscular" thighs. Actually, I think I look pretty good in a bathing suit! But, sometimes I feel left out of the "look what a tiny size I've gotten too" conversation! LOL, what a silly thing to worry about, I'm delighted to be where I am !!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Whole Foods Diet
Stats: 193/133.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 103%

I think the only reason I'm wearing the sizes that I am is because I work out at least 3x a week -- about 30min weight training and 30-40min cardio (roughly 400-500cal per workout). I'm currently wearing sizes that are lower than what I wore 20#, 20yrs and 2 pregnancies ago so it's very odd to me. I guess I need to add this to my "reasons losing weight has been good to me" list in my journal to remind that I am lucky in this respect.

Brenda
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 19:14

Plan: Body for Life
Stats: 168/123/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 136%

I am very hourglass as well, actually - my thighs are my worst parts, but they are coming down a bit. Current measurements at 127.5lbs:

Chest : 32.5
Waist: 23
Hips 32.5
Thighs 18.75

I work out daily, weights 3x week, cardio 5-6x/week. And by the way, I am sure you all look great! 'Sizes' don't mean much if you are at a good BF percentage - we are all built differently. I point out to my husband little TINY built women who are probably wearing clothes out of the kid's department - I could weigh 96 pounds and not be that size -just not built that way!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 06:33

Stats: 169/145/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

I dedfinitly think the working out decreases the sizes. I weigh 146, today, and I wear an 8 in most things (5 foot 8 inches tall). I did just order some "6" jeans that fit...I do arm weights and treadmill.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 06:39

BF:

Susie, Thanks for the info. I do not drink NEARLY enough water...I hate to say but usually around 2-16 oz bottles a day! That is carrying it up and leaving it on the nightstand when I go to bed, too, and drinking sometimes during the night. I just don't seem to be thirsty and have to "force" even that...? I know I need to drink more. I drink decaffinated coffee in the mornings, too, but no soft drinks, etc, throughout the day.

Maybe I am eating too many calories. I would like to at least get to 140, but maybe 135...So at 135 I would eat around 1350 calories a day..is that right? I eat pretty much the same things for breakfast and lunch and then for dinner a meat and salad or meat and vegetable, but I cook all kinds of things so maybe I am getting just too many calories? I have been between 144 and 147 for about 3 months now, up and down...! I do make desserts, and love to try all the new recipes, but since that is what I really enjoy about lc'ing I hate to give it up totally, but I may have to a while.

I post at the other place, too, and have seen you there...My name is "Viv" but that was taken!

Sorry for the double post...I am still figuring out how to use this forum (and not too well, I might add!)
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 06:48
Registered Member

Stats: 136/120/118 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDR
........I do not drink NEARLY enough water..........I drink decaffinated coffee in the mornings.......Maybe I am eating too many calories. .........I post at the other place, too, and have seen you there...My name is "Viv" but that was taken!
Hi Viv,
My chiropractor got me going with the water more than three years ago. She said that my muscles would do MUCH better and everything about me if I would drink at a minimum of half my weight in ounces. I went home and gave it a try and at first it was hard. I was running to the potty a lot but now it is less often that I have to go and It doesn't bother me to drink that much water. I have seen tons of improvement since I just "DID IT".
I bet you know this BUT coffee is a diaretic and will take water OUT of your system in the amount of coffee that you take in.
Calorie watching works for 'me'. Some don't bother with it and do fine but I feel that there are MANY that are "not" seeing results for the simple fact of too many calories. What you don't burn for the day YOU get to keep.
What other place is that? Friends??????
Hope you have a controlled carb/calorie day,
Susie in northern NY where it is beautiful out.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 09:29

BF:

Yes, I do know that about the coffee! Shame isn't it?! I did do better yesterday on my water, because for some reason I was actually thirsty. I post at LCT, also...saw you in the "bread" thread!LOL! The irony of it all ...a "bread" thread in the LCT forum!
I am going to try to watch the calories more closely...I still may be taking in to many. Thanks for the advice!
Viv
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 09:10
Registered Member

Stats: 173/153/120 Female 5ft7in
BF:
Progress:

We really do need to drink more water...VDR - I can go all day with one coffee and a diet coke...NO WATER!!! Am trying to improve, but at that I am on 3glasses a day...need 12 right???

When I first did Atkins I didn't even know that I really did have to calorie count...so I would stuff myself with calorie filled foods like bacon and eggs, rich creamy sauces and the likes...no wonder I really didn't lose weight!! - The Atkins book says we don't need to calorie count, but I suppose that this is still the key to losing weight, right?? - I am now doing a lower carb (40-50grams a day) and low cal/low fat diet...will see how that goes...am really trying to educate myself again...to look at food differently and not see low carb as just a quick way out of feeling crappy!!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 10:01

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:

Had to reply to this. Calories are very important. What made the Atkins diet so successful, was that forbidden foods are high in calories. In all diets, reducing carlories simply means you loose weight. (In the end, all diets are successful) So don't dump extra sauce, butter, etc. on allowed foods. Also avoid the so called Atkins approved foods. Just extra calories. This was marketed because people love starch and breads. They still want to have it. Sorry, you can't. I very careful in what I ate. No starch, pizza, cerial (that is important...sweetened or not cerial just adds caloires). I did this 1999 when there was no "low carb" processed foods. I lost all my weight in six months. I have since kept in off.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 02:54

BF:

I don't eat a lot of sauces, or hardly any butter...but I do eat two fried eggs for Breakfast, with two strips of bacon, sometimes.. (or full fat yogurt I make) NO cereals or Atkins foods, etc. I eat yogurt for lunch, if I don't have it for breakfast, and a meat and salad or vegetable for dinner. I think my body is probably where it is equal with calories in and calories expended, but of course I want to weigh 10# less...isn't that always the way? I do make a lot of low carb desserts and usually have one serving before my family eats the rest...So I can cut that and increase exercise...and yes...MORE water! I hesitate to change any more about the way I eat, because I feel like I eat around 20 carbs a day anyway on days with no desserts (and usually even the days I eat them because I cut someplace else..) and I DO maintain here...but will tweak after vacation, again, and see..