Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 22:48
Registered Member

Plan: G I Diet
Stats: 176.5/173.2/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I have found it at Safeway in the baking section where all the baking chocolate and nuts are. I think it was 1.99 per 1 cup bag.
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 23:34
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 309/250/169 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Thanks so much. I will have another look. I looked today and couldn't find it. I looked in the regular baking aisle and in the natural/health foods area. If it is one Safeway it is bound to be in more. I appreciate you letting me know.

Marie
  #213   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 09:20

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

I thought I saw Almond flour at Sangster's but I could be mistaken. You may have to order some over the web.
  #214   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 09:46
Registered Member

BF:

Kelly.....thanks. I will check at Sangsters. I had hoped not to have to order any and just buy it locally but perhaps I will have to.

Marie
  #215   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 17:01

Plan: Atkins now SB (trying)
Stats: 173/145.5/125 Female 5'2 (Still) lol
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Well now...

I haven't posted to this board in a long long time...but it seems there's a whole new bunch of low carbers in Cowtown!!!

Almond Flour - I think you can get it at MOST Health Food STores....I got mine at Planet Organic on the corner of Southland and Elbow Drive.

The Carbstop at brick plaza - GREAT PLACE! When I was in there this afternoon I even picked up a frozen entre (Lasagna) - 9 carbs for the WHOLE thing. The also have The Atkins Powder for Shakes at $19.99....all the muffin and cake mixes, tortilla shells, bread, all kinds of Low carb bars. Lots of Walden Farms dressings....and some Tomato Sauce as well...The Spicy Tomato Sauce is REALLY good......Apple Sauce - sweetened with Splenda, DIet Pop - sweetened with Splenda....hmm what else???? There is so much there I can't even remember.

Oh - a really good selection of Davinci's Syrups!!!! I bought my friend B52 and I bought Irish Cream.

AND besides all the Crab Options items at Safeway and Superstore now....JUST GUESS what I bought at Superstore today????? They now carry DREAMFIELDS PASTA!!
  #216   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 19:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

wow, good to see some new names on this link. Some of us have been dropping in for a few months now and have been talking about maybe getting together some time. any interest yet?
  #217   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 20:26
Registered Member

BF:

Ms Sarah....thanks so much for the info. I have been to a number of health food stores and I can't find the almond flour. I will keep looking. Glad to hear Carbstop has a lot of items. I saw the ad in the paper and I have been to their website. I live far away but perhaps it will be worth a trip. I work downtown so I am thinking of perhaps taking the train down on my lunch break.

Thanks so much for letting me know.

Marie
  #218   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 22:43

BF:
Smile Hi Dimples / Marie

I work down town as well. Corner of 5th St and 7th Ave SW

Why don't you call Planet Organic and if they have it let me know...I can pick some up and meat you downtown if you like.....I'm always at teh 2nd Cup in TD Center....getting a decaf of course...(not as yummy as the flavors though...lol)

hmm you should also call Community Health Food Store.....there is one over I think around Sunnyside somewhere....and one at Chinook.....I was only in the one at Chinook Staion once...I find it dark and dingy and dirty....JMO Thats why I like Planet Organic....not only is it close to me...BUT its very clean inside!
  #219   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 19:36
Registered Member

BF:

Sorry I haven't been back in a few days. Thanks so much for the offer. I did decide to try Community Health. They have a lot of good things there but.....I go to the one on 10th Avenue SW and it is dark and dingy. I don't always like the smell either....it is a health food smell but I don't always like it. I have never been into Planet Organic. Do they have a lot of good things there? I still might take you up on your offer to buy it if you go to Planet Organic anyway and then we can meet and say hi.

I didn't make it down to the low carb store by the Brick but maybe next week. I work down by Olympic Plaza.

I really appreciate all your help. I am going to try using the almond flour this weekend and see what I can make with it and...if I like it.

Take care.

Marie
  #220   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 08:30
Registered Member

Stats: 192/150/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking

It's funny, I actually know the girl who's husband owns the Carb stop at the Brick Plaza. She says that if there's anything anyone wants to see in the store, to let them know and they will do their best to bring it in!
  #221   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 22:27

BF:
Default hiya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboonee
It's funny, I actually know the girl who's husband owns the Carb stop at the Brick Plaza. She says that if there's anything anyone wants to see in the store, to let them know and they will do their best to bring it in!

He is super nice.....every time I go in he'll point out whats new since the last time I've been in!!! He's super nice!

They are making frozen entres now. I picked up a frozen lasagna last week...9 carbs for the whole thing (& its a BIG package)...I would say it will be plenty for DH and I to have...and make a nice spinach salad on the side! I also picked up Waist Watchers Root Beer there (sweetened with Splenda)..it was excellent!
  #222   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 02:57
Registered Member

BF:

FYI - I found Jones Soda sweetened with Splenda ~ Douglasdale 7-11 yesterday. They only had black cherry and gingerale, but it's a start.

Also, there is a new low carb store opening up down the street called (I think) The Low Carb Store. They are just in the process of building it right now so it will be awhile befor it opens.
  #223   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 09:56
Registered Member

BF:

[QUOTE=MrsCee]FYI - I found Jones Soda sweetened with Splenda ~ Douglasdale 7-11 yesterday. They only had black cherry and gingerale, but it's a start.

Was it expensive? I love the black Cherry, it is awesome!
  #224   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 16:57
Registered Member

BF:

I think it was 1.55 + deposit and it ws very good.
  #225   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 09:43
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks! That's awesome! I can't wait to get some!