Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 10:56

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Thumbs down Pushing away my boyfriend...

I am horrified what my boyfreind thinks about me, i ask him all the time if he thinks i look fat he says "NO" i think hes lieing becauyse he dosent want to hurt me, i wish he would be honest...im so scared hes going to find a new SKINNY girlfreind....i am so depressed
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:32

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Why do you keep asking? How do you know he isn't telling the truth? How about asking something else, like 'Who are you voting for for president?' or 'How about those Red Sox?'

If he is spending time with you, why do you think that he is after some "new SKINNY girlfreind"? Has he espressed interest in SKINNY women? Maybe he likes normal women like you? I think that most men don't find skinny women attractive.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

My question to you is, why would you set up your boyfriend like that?
If he says "no" you will think he is lying.
If he says yes, then it only hurts your feelings and fuels your fears that he will leave you for a thinner gal.

Either way, you feel bad, and he feels even worse for the situation you have put him in. Be careful, you can cause a lot of damage in a relationship with that kind of thinking.

BTW..."No, I don't think you're fat" translates into "I love you for who you are and not what you look like".
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:35

Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

BTW....I doubt anyone thinks you are fat at 115 lbs.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:36

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?

ok thanx dont want anymore comments...i dont need this forum...IM DONE HERE GOOD BYE!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/180/134 Female 5'4
BF:Size 12
Progress: 22%

There are men out there who do find women over a size 2 attractive. 66% of America is overweight(or is it obese) and there are a lot of babies running around and couples. So that there should show you everyone has different preferences Not to mention you're 115 omg that is so tiny, if your boyfriend thought of you as fat he would have something wrong with him mentally! A skinnier girlfriend what would he do find someone 90 pounds? Maybe inside you feel overweight? This could be something you are feeling that you might need to get help for. You're a very thin weight, to worry about your boyfriend running. I weigh 60lbs more than you and it has not happened.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:46

Stats: 230.8/230.8/130 Female 5ft 4in
BF:

I would think a bigger danger to your relationship would be the state of your emotions while thinking that you are overweight. A lot of men find a woman in constant depression over her looks to be a turn off. I know this from first hand experience, and a wonderful man that felt confident enough in our communication and relationship that he could tell me exactly how he was feeling. It wasn't fun to hear, and I had to really adjust my way of thinking and acting, but I sure feel better for it now!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:04

Stats: 255/161/155 Female 5'9"
BF:38.9%/23.4%/22%
Progress: 94%

See Ya!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:09
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvley719
ok thanx dont want anymore comments...i dont need this forum...IM DONE HERE GOOD BYE!

Girl, what is it with you.

I mean really. How old are you?

You come on here telling us all that you think your fat at 115 and we try to help you.

I mean take a look at yourself, really look at yourself. A healthy mind would not think that 115 at your height is FAT. You need to seek professional help.

And to ask your BF if he thinks your fat, of course he's gonna say no. For one thing, YOU ARE NOT FAT! And secondly, don't you know that asking if you are fat or does this make me look fat, or how old do you think I look, are questions you just simply don't ask a man, or anyone for that matter.

Get real woman!

So many of us are here seeking support, struggling with severe obesity. I for one have lost one whole person and still have much more to go. I'd kill to be in your shoes. I'm 5'3 and just want to weight 135. My Mom is 5 feet and I know and she knows that 115 is not FAT!

And I'm sorry but we aren't here to throw you a pity party, so stop being such a drama queen. If you want help ask for it but take others feelings into consideration.

Sorry MOD's if this is rude but some people really need a real good swift kick in the ass.

GEES!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:15
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Well said AFWife!

and Luvley... Don't ask for advice if you don't want an honest answer.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:19

Plan: modified
Stats: 166/164/145 Female 5'9"
BF:flabby/to/firm
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
Girl, what is it with you.

I mean really. How old are you?

You come on here telling us all that you think your fat at 115 and we try to help you.

I mean take a look at yourself, really look at yourself. A healthy mind would not think that 115 at your height is FAT. You need to seek professional help.

And to ask your BF if he thinks your fat, of course he's gonna say no. For one thing, YOU ARE NOT FAT! And secondly, don't you know that asking if you are fat or does this make me look fat, or how old do you think I look, are questions you just simply don't ask a man, or anyone for that matter.

Get real woman!

So many of us are here seeking support, struggling with severe obesity. I for one have lost one whole person and still have much more to go. I'd kill to be in your shoes. I'm 5'3 and just want to weight 135. My Mom is 5 feet and I know and she knows that 115 is not FAT!

And I'm sorry but we aren't here to throw you a pity party, so stop being such a drama queen. If you want help ask for it but take others feelings into consideration.

Sorry MOD's if this is rude but some people really need a real good swift kick in the ass.

GEES!

preach on sista woman!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:33
Still Wicked

Plan: none currently (WFPB now)
Stats: 235/112/120 Female 151 cm (4.11 1/2)
BF:
Progress: 107%

Look for an eating disorders forum. Chances are the people there have not only heard this all before, but are as "good" about dealing with it as we are here about issues that overweight and obese people have when we are changing our WOL.

And yes, many of us (maybe most of us) have eating disorders as well, but some boards are focused on the pathological drive to be underweight.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:44

Stats: 230.8/230.8/130 Female 5ft 4in
BF:

Very good idea Taming, here is just one of the sites I came up with on a quick Google trip.

http://www.caringonline.com/discussion/
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:50
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

A little plain talk here...

Your boyfriend might dump you because you're so insecure and immature long before he thinks you're fat. Do you have any self-esteem or pride in yourself at all? Have you done anything in your life that doesn't have anything to do with your weight or looks that you can be proud of?

I know a woman, a very dynamic, intelligent lawyer, who weighed 200 pounds over her ideal weight. Yet she married one hell of a guy. This is not a woman who sat around obsessing over her looks. She actually *did* something with her life and carried herself proudly and with confidence. She was the sum of her acts and deeds in life, not her current dress size.

You act like your self-worth is the same size as your slacks.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:52
I beat you, Tanita!

Stats: 174/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:13% lower now...
Progress: 100%

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it's not an eating disorder but a classic teenage cry for attention? Perhaps you just enjoy hearing people tell you that you are not fat -- so you've continued the behavior here that gets you the desired results?