Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 10:45

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I really like the production quality DD provides for Kristie. Her personality shines through, and it's so encouraging to see good things happen to good people. She has presence and conveys sincerity. I will be making the flatbread recipe.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 10:45

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thanks Janet, Such great info!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
DietDoctor posted a new 20 minute interview with Kristie, her history of obesity, WLS, reading Why We Get Fat and now being a LCHF advocate. Her FB page has grown to over 110,000 followers.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/member/interviews/sullivan
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 12:19

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Diet Doctor videos are only avaiable with a paid membership. What will that mean for Kristie's many Youtube and Facebook followers who aren't members?
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 13:14

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I don't know but she posted a video October 8 and that was after the DD crew was in NC, so seems she will continue in her Superwoman role doing it all. She's been busy writing her third Cookbook, recently did the photo shoots for that, writes weekly DD columns, posts very frequently on Facebook, and all in her free time when not administering at the college full-time and raising two kids!

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Oct-21-17 at 04:19.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 04:17

Kristie's answer on FB this morning:

Quote:
Kristie Huneycutt SullivanGroup Admin Two points to remember. 1. Of the 12 videos we made, one or two complete videos will be free at some point. 2. As I understand it, the recipes will be available for free on their website without the video. For example, the Mediterranean flatbread recipe is there now it its entirety.
Many of the recipes we will share there are already in my cookbook. Some are on my YouTube channel for free. I will continue to do those videos even though the quality is not nearly as good. :-)
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 13:09

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Thanks, Janet!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 14:51

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

The Mediterranean keto flatbread recipe is there now in the "Recipes" section of the DD website, where there are lots of free recipes.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 06:36

First look at her new cookbook, out in January. Forward by Dr. Eenfeldt. Assuming a Kindle will be added later, the print version was just posted for pre-order..

https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Living-.../dp/1628602724/
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-17, 11:11

The world’s best keto pizza?

One of the hardest things to do well on a keto diet is a great pizza. In this week’s episode of Cooking Keto with Kristie, she shows how to make possibly the best keto pizza in the world, called the KeDough pizza, that tops even the famous Fat Head pizza.
Also, Kristie has a secret guest to help out, someone you may have seen before…Dr. Eric Westman

The Recipe: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/...s-kedough-pizza

https://www.dietdoctor.com/worlds-best-keto-pizza
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Feb-03-18, 05:50

An update. Kristie's closed FB page has 140,000 members. Moves very quickly, crazy activity but has admins who keep it all to clean eating and foods and under 20g total carbs for day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604356226464490/

The new print book has been delayed to April. More focus on basic everyday main dish recipes, less use of ingredients like almond flour, only a few desserts.

On the KeDough pizza, some have found it dry and the problem was using the Parmesan cheese in a can. I used the fresh shredded from Costco and had no problems, we thought this dough very good. If you think yours is dry, some have been adding a small amount of sour cream. Freezing half the baked crust works great! I pull it out for about an hour to defrost, then add the sauce, toppings, cheese and bake. Brilliant, your own LC Boboli.

New talk from LowCarbUSA. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature...e&v=EKuNitDk6M0
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Feb-03-18, 15:18

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Westman eating pizza was cute, but 5 kinds of dairy in her pizza makes it impossible for many to eat.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Feb-04-18, 11:17

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
5 kinds of dairy in her pizza makes it impossible for many to eat.

Noticed that as well. Unfortunately, many LC pizza recipes load up on cheese, and while I try to limit dairy consumption, I also have family members who are no dairy making the recipe a non-starter.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-04-18, 13:34
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

I just tried this pizza crust last night, and I definitely prefer the fathead crust in terms of taste. Kristie's was way too salty for me, BUT 1) I'm overly-sensitive to salty flavour, and 2) there's a good chance that there's a big difference between her US ingredients vs mine here in Canada.

I'm going to tweak it and try it again, because it's easier than the fathead crust.

I just took the plunge and joined the dietdoctor.com site, and I've bookmarked this thread to go and listen to her other content. I used to never enjoy talks, podcasts, etc; but now I enjoy putting them on while I'm knitting. I've finished two toques since I joined dietdoctor.

Last edited by Kristine : Sun, Feb-04-18 at 13:46.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 10:08

Already 250 people signed up for an event with Kristie on Saturday. That's one big potluck.
Quote:
Person County Low Carb Group Special Support Meeting w/Kristie Sullivan
PLACE:
Westwood Baptist Church
970 Leasburg Rd
Roxboro NC 27573.
Time 10:00am-12pm
Booksigning 12:00-12:45
Covered Dish Dinner Begins at 1pm.
Please register at
www.ketounited.net
Go to Scheduled Class and scroll down and find this meeting.

Kristie has been writing posts on DietDoctor, more the psychology of dieting, a good adjunct to her recipes. I don’t know if she has written this advice on FB into an article there, but I saw this and thought her "secret" a good add to this thread.

Quote:
.....in answer to the many who ask..."How do I do this?" My reply was not meant to be unkind, but to be factual. I typed, "You have to want better health more than potatoes." Folks want to know the secret. The magic pill. The supplement. The formula. We have food lists here and references and daily food logs and so many resources that we share!! In spite of that, some never understand the real secret.
Guys, it's not what I eat that you should be wondering about, the key, the "secret" to EVERY progress photo is the carbage and garbage that people DON'T eat!

Here's what I don't eat: No pasta, ever. No potatoes, ever. No bread, ever. No sugar free soft drinks, crystal light, etc No SF jello No sweetener with malitol, mannitol, sobital, maltodextrin, etc. No net carbs. No protein bars No "regular" doughnuts No high carb treats or desserts. Not one Hershey kiss.

No exceptions. No excuses. Not ever do I eat those things. Nor do I ever consider eating them. Nor do I ever look forward to a day when I get to eat them again. It doesn't work that way. This is the Hotel California. To go off plan is to welcome back the poor health and morbid obesity that held me back for over 90% of my life. I'm living the rest of my life so that maybe I can say that I was a healthy weight for 25% of it at least!!!
Here's the message
1. It's what we DON'T eat that can have a huge impact on our progress.
2. You have to want it. You have to be sick enough, miserable enough, tired enough, committed enough.
3. This ain't no part time job. It's a full time commitment with an amazing benefits package and no retirement plan.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Apr-09-18 at 04:54.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 05:03

Finally! the new Cookbook is really on its way. Will be published June 5th. Kristie will be at the Durham NC support group meeting that day, planning to have books available for sale.

This book is geared to beginners, but 400 pages! so not all that basic. Easy recipes, all with easy to find ingredients, many tips how "to start" and stay committed.

https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Living-...y/dp/1628602724

Here is a new half hour (still long, she's a talker and her 155,000 followers like it that way ) video with Kristie about her books, with travel and eating out tips (stay S.A.F.E.). Staying on plan (never say Diet), how to start keto, etc.
https://www.facebook.com/AdaptYourL...czMjYxODExNDUx/

And the list of her Inspirational articles on DietDoctor. https://www.dietdoctor.com/authors/kristie-sullivan

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, May-21-18 at 03:37.