Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 01:24

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 310/230/200
BF:
Progress: 73%
Talking :daze:

Hi guys I feel kind of guilty for posting here since i never really donate anything info to the message board. I really couldn't have lost 80 pounds without you guys. I was asked a few weeks ago how i did it and now i have gotten out of my procratination period i will tell you a little bit about it. I actually decided to lose weight when i was about 8 years old and from that point I was never successful except once when i was in the 11th grade. When i was in the 11th grade i went on a starvation diet and lost 60 pounds in 2 1/2 months. This didn't work of course and gained the weight back at a rapid rate. I haven't dieted since and i basically gave up. That led to an outstanding weight gain to 310 pounds. Ok to get to the point my doctor recommended the book to me six months before i went on the diet. I just let the book sit under my bed for that long. I did that because now i know i wasn't ready. I had to build the will power up. I knew i was going to lose the weight or die trying (kidding) i really wanted to lose the weight so i decided i would do it doing the summer. Knowing that i would be basically giving all my time to this diet i took the summer off from school. I went hard core people! I started brisk walking everyother day and slowly adding a mile every week or three weeks i forget, but i was doing five miles by the end of the summer. I read the book and even got his supplement book (Dr. Atkin). I have to admit i was a little skeptical but i had no choice i was unhappy ( i'll explain my unhappiness later, maybe we should have an unhappiness forum explaining how painful it was for us, sometimes we need to tell someone) well just a quick thought there. I was taking a lot of supplements including coenzyme Q10, vitamin c, potassium, dr atkins #3 , essential oils (by the middle of diet), and thats it i think heh. I basically only ate meat. Well not basically i only ate meat and never cheated once!!!! It was basically meat water and vitamins...Yes i know bad bad bad...i'm not here for critcisms i know how to criticize myself already heck i was morbidly obese HELL i major'd in Criticizism so don't even try it on me I know it was dangerous....but i took my vitamins and excercised regularly....Well heck i never missed a day of excercise but if i did i would make it up the next day or feel the guilty rathe. Ok so it took me three months. I'm not telling this to anyone because i want to share my diet because i think this is a little dangerous if your unhealthy. I went to the doctor very very very regularly and i have very very very very good health insurance. My doctor was first in his class at stanford i believe and did his residency at Yale. I didn't do it completely carelessly. Well here i am off the crazy success when school started august 23. I am still low carb yes i am! But i eat lots of brocolli and go to occassional buffets. Of course i only eat from the salad section. Here's the shocker i haven't had Caffine or sugar in four and half months. I also don't drink diet cokes at all. ONly WATER!! Yes i haven't gained a pound and i eat all i like......Cheese cheese cheese cheese oh how i love cheese. heh .....and i like to eat a lot!!!!!! I'm sorry to say that my exercise has almost completely stopped because of school, but i haven't gained and i feel great! This is only for information purposes because someone asked how i did it so don't criticize me. I get that from my parents enough. Yes anger here i know but hell i still live at home what do you expect heh. I've never been happier and i love the flirting and complements which strangely you get used to. I will get a picture available soon I just don't know how to make it smaller in bytes. Take care my friends and Don't forget to fly your flags!

P.s. i didn't proof read this so don't expect it to be coherent.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 01:52

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up

Quote:
This is only for information purposes because someone asked how i did it so don't criticize me.

No crit from me, Carbkicker, ( after all you're under a Dr's supervision). I think your courage is great! Thanks for sharing your story. I like the part about you're getting used to people flirting with you!

azzle:
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 03:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hey there Carbkicker!

Wow, what an amazing success story! Don't worry about anybody criticizing you, we're all friends here! I'm happy that you decided to post and share your journey with us. Great wonderful job and please do keep up the good work!

Happy lo-carbing,
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 06:14

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 209/136/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 106%

YEP YEP no criticizing from me as well.. What can I add that the others didn't already tell you.. You've done awesome!!!! Keep up the good work..
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 07:11
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 218/214/140
BF:
Progress: 5%

It's hard for me to critical of anyone. Whenever I feel the URGE, I just go look in the mirror, haha. I think your story is inspiring to us all, and thank you for having the guts to share it. I kind of feel, (being on this WOL) like I have a big secret, and nobody else knows. Kind of makes me smile you know. To know something they don't. Keep up the good work! You make me believe that I can do it TOO!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 09:46
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sometimes 'ya just gotta do what you gotta do! Congratulations!

Quote:
but i had no choice i was unhappy ( i'll explain my unhappiness later, maybe we should have an unhappiness forum explaining how painful it was for us, sometimes we need to tell someone)

Now that you're in the later stages of changing your WOL, you may want to re-start your journal.

Karen