Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 23:19
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 186/152/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

I just want to add, that even though you may think that your weight loss may be slow (isn't it always?!) , just keep in mind that if you weigh even one pound less today than you did yesterday, that it is all worth it! I am one that just wants "it all gone NOW"...but I am learning that it doesn't happen that way......it takes time, so be patient, stick with it, one pound is better than no pounds!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 08:35

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

I keep repeating to myself...FOOD IS FUEL..and not an emotional thing. I learned that from Nat's posts!!! I also learned that for me to lose fat, I MUST excercise and diet. Can't do one or the other.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...Einstein

Judi B.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 13:55

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up What a great thread!

My two cents worth,

1. pre-prepare your food. Having something to grab that is ready to eat is a must!

2. Measure yourself! the scale doesn't always reflect the true story.

Alena.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:11

Plan: my own??
Stats: 155/155/130 Female 5'7
BF:25/20/16
Progress: 0%
Default You gottamove!!

I must agree..EXCERCISE is a must for anyone wanting to achieve health and a better shape for thier body. It will do soo much for you. Helps releive stress, tone your muscles, and increase yur mental clarity. As a personal trainer I cannot stress how important excercise and a active daily lifestyle is to weightloss and maintenance. Eating low carb is only part of the quotient. Nutrition can't give you everything. eating right however will make an excercise plan alot easier to initiate and adhere to. just give excercise a try for a few weeks, and it will becme your best friend. Its the beginning that hard. Once your over the initial phase you'll be an excercise lover in no time)

Piera
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 11:11

Plan: protein power
Stats: 168.8/157.9/130 Male 5 foot 2 inches
BF:33.1/27/20
Progress: 28%
Talking

As alot of things have been said already ,

I'd like to add my top tip

Read , read and read around the subject in order to formulate your own opinion on the subject cos there are so many granny stories around that you will never know the truth unless you get the info first hand

Rob
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 13:06

Plan: LA Shape Diet
Stats: 128/126/110 Female 61"
BF:17%
Progress: 11%
Angry Eat Right For Your Blood Type

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while. I ran into a friend who looked fabulous, thinner, fitter, younger. I asked he what she was doing and she said "I read eat right for my blood type and it changed my life. I've lost 24 pounds in 4 months, and my periods are finally normal, my endrotrometriousis is gone." I was shocked and went out and bought the book.

I'm blood type A. For my blood type it says "No red meat, high carb, low fat." I figured I'd try it for 30 days and see what happened. I stuck to "beneficials" for my type. Lot's of organic oats, beans, lentils, soy, berries, spinach and brocoli. Well, I gained weight and am up to 141. I then called my friend and she told me she is an "O". Well, according to the book "O"'s are supposed to be high protein, no grains. There you have it! She has been healed and looks great due to "high protein."

I'm back on track. I will stay on my "high protein"!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-02, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Bernstein/general LC
Stats: 170/155/133 Female 5'1 1/4"
BF:31.5%/28.5%/24.8%
Progress: 41%
Thumbs up Thanks for all the great tips !

I enjoy reading everyone's tips and thanks to Teri: "My #2 tip is: At least for the first couple of months, keep count of your food intake on www.fitday.com..", I logged in with Fitday - what an amazing program and a wonderful way to keep track of nutrients, carbs, etc.

My tip: Be open to other people's tips, the've been there and are willing to share generously! Isn't it part of the abundance around us?

Have a great week all !