Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 07:37

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default What you know for sure!

I just wrote in my journal things I know for sure that work for me...I will post it here and invite everyone to share what they know for sure works for them on this plan.
I hope we get lots of posts and we can learn from each other. We are all on the same journey but at different points and if this can help us than more power to us.

Here's mine..

Well, here are a few things I know for sure..

1. I only need to walk briskly 30 minutes a day. (phew..that is manageable)

2. If I eat sweets the scale will go up and will take 3-4 days to come back down while eating cleanly.

3. I can lose on eating 2 CM's a day with a RM (I don't need to starve myself, in fact I lose better when I eat and I'm not hungry)

4. If my CM is not satisfying me and I am still hungry, add more protien or fat..don't wait and cheat with a carb..the scale will go up.

5.Though I am very active, I don't run a marathon each day and I don't need my portions to be huge..my stomach can only hold so much..no more than 3 cups of food at CM's or 4 cups at RM. A CM snack is not more than 1 cup of food.

6. I must, I must eat my veggies, they help with fibre, they fill me up so I don't have to eat so much and they had flavour, crunch and variety to satisfy me. I lose faster when I eat my veggies, including at breakfast. I sprinkle all my veggies with butter and Montreal chicken spice..there's a recipe for it on the net..it's not as good as the real thing but it's still adds loads of flavor one can adjust the seasoning to one's own taste..my food has to taste good and spicy, otherwise I'll get bored and cheat.

7. If I am losing while eating this much good food, I can certainly maintain on eating more or adding carbs once I reach my goal. I never feel deprived or wish for something else..this is the plan for me.

8. Everyday and at every meal I must decide what I will eat and chose wisely...if not I have to accept the consequences and do better next time...if I have a bad meal, don't make it a bad day, if I have a bad day, don't make it a bad week. Exercise the power I have to control my food intake..food will not control me.

9. By reading other's successes and almost successes, I can learn and continue to succeed on my own journey.

I'm sure I've learned lots more but they escape me now. I am trying to follow the CALP plan as closely as I can and I can see how I lose better the closer I follow it.

Have a great day everyone!!
Mary-Ann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 12:04
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I love this post.

1) BALANCE my RM: salad, then 1/3 protein, 1/3 vegie, 1/3 carb.

2) Eat vegies, grains, beans, fruits, dairy and nuts for RM carbs to lose faster.

3) No carbs outside of RM.

4) Watch out for processed foods with hidden carbs, MSG, AS and other additives. Use lots of fresh and frozen vegies, meats and cheeses for CM. Eggs are my friend!

5) My body loves being free of insulin resistance. Every meal I have is a decision point: continue on plan and continue being free of insulin resistance and all its problems.

6) Planning makes this WOL work. I need to have enough CM foods in the house to have good CMs. I need to have a plan for meals eaten in restaurants, at parties and other's homes, or on the road or on vacation. I even need to plan what carbs I have for RM- to make sure it's carb-worthy and what I want.

7) This WOL is sustainable for the long haul- it works and I can do it! In maintenance, I add on more carbs and eat more sweets than before, but it is still CALP and I'm still OP. I don't have to continue to lose and be OP.

8) Use the book, this site and others to get information and support.

9) I am thankful and grateful every single day that I found this plan, for it has changed my life.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 22:25

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

That was great Eno, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge...I agree with you about balance 100%...I will try your idea #2 to see if I still lose, I know I won't lose any faster because I'm already losing about 2 pounds a week and that's just fine by me..but I'm almost afraid to eat any carb because I might gain..I will give it a try though. Thanks..
OK everyone out there...come on, don't be shy!
We're waiting to hear from you.
Mary-Ann
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-05, 19:09

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

This is a great post, Mary-Ann!

1. I must eat veggies, and that doesn't mean a tablespoon of green pepper. It means a real serving or more per CM and RM.

2. I will be starving right before ovulation and right before my TOM.

3. If I am having a super-hungry day, it's better to eat a little more. The alternative is to deny myself, then end up going on a binge and gaining.

4. I CAN'T eat Aspertame. I don't know what it is about that stuff but it sets off hunger in me like you wouldn't believe. I explode into an eating frenzy.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 19:59

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Great Idea Mary Ann

1. Salt makes me retain water.

2. Aspertane will stall my weight loss.

3. If I am depressed...eating will NOT solve my problems.

4. Walking is not only good exercise but it helps me feel better about myself.

5. I have learned to love cauliflower!

6. Sometimes I have a salad for breakfast. Eggs get boring after awhile.

7. Don't listen to other people... listen to my body.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 20:38
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 273/255/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%

1. No artificial sweeteners at all for me. My body reacts better to sugar. So if I want a soda for my RM, I drink regular.
2. Clean CM are more important for me that lower carb RM. I do better since I cut out the tuna and the cottage cheese. I'm going to try them again to see if it was a plateau or if they stall me.
3. Salt also makes me retain water.
4. I'm doing better on CAD than CALP, for now anyway.
5. I am addicted to weighing myself. I need to REALLY work on this.
6. I no longer care if I feel hungry. Sometimes I just don't want to eat.
7. Being a CADette helps keep me strong.
8. I miss your posts. Write, write write!!!

Sheryl

PS
DR visit early tomorrow. I hope he releases me!