Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-12, 10:00

Plan: Atkins/LCHF
Stats: 368/277/200 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

May I ask why my post was removed? Have I broken some rule?

Are we not allowed to make suggestions?
Who decides?
Sorry to post off topic but this is the thread I was removed from and contacting the main email doesn't seem to get a response.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-12, 10:42

Plan: Atkins/LCHF
Stats: 368/277/200 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Sadie;
I use water aerobics because I have joint problems. It's a wonderful way to excercise without straining your feet.
If you try it be sure to wear water shoes to protect your feet since you can't feel them.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-12, 19:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269.8/207.2/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Welcome Sadie

Wishing you all the support you need.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-12, 19:46

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi, Sadie. I'm awestricken that you've had the courage and persistence to lose 100 lbs. four times. I'm sorry that nobody (and no nutrition plan) helped you apply that persistence to keeping it off. You can do that, too!!

This is a great forum. Keep coming back.

Quote:
There is a place in California called "Julian's Bakery" which sells very low carb bread. I've tried a number of them and they are VERY good. Any comments on the bread? There is one that is no-carb, and one that is one-carb per slice. The one-carb per slice is actually quite good. Yea or nay??

I say nay. Forget about bread. Any bread. Any grain. Trying to substitute so-called low-carb foods (they're not) that imitate your former favorite foods will likely lead to failure. Your low-carb plan has to be really, really different. That means fresh vegetables, meats, and fats.

Best wishes.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-12, 02:48

Plan: Mine!
Stats: 189/156.2/156 Male 69ins
BF:
Progress: 99%

Hi SexySadie,

I am different from you in at least two ways. I'm male and I'm English. However, we also have at least two things in common, I too am not in the first flush of youth (I'm 69) and, I too suffer from peripheral neuropathy - primarily in the feet but also my hands and face. I am slightly overweight - about 10lbs but then, I'm well into this bout of the struggle to stay alive! My guess is that, like me, you are diabetic?
For what it's worth here is my general regime to battle against the symptoms of that curse.
I take a leaf from the AA approach - one day at a time.I Don't think 'I must lose "x'ty" pounds' that just depresses; Instead, depending on what my scales tell me, think, 'I must weigh the same or, a little less tomorrow than I weigh today'. If you are reasonably successful then, over time you'll get a rough idea of what that amount of weight loss is; use that knowledge for a rough daily weight loss target - NEVER be too ambitious! just up it very slightly and go for it. (Eg. av weight loss 3oz try to lose 4oz daily - till you hit your target)
Whenever possible - passenger in a car or aircraft, watching TV, in bed or, just sitting around - I curl and uncurl my toes as best - and as quickly - as I can. I learnt this exercise from doing similar with my fingers. Use every opportunity you can, fifteen brief burst over the day is so much better than fifteen minutes of concentrated effort, it's good circulation you are after, not muscle bound toes...(Oh and never keep your legs crossed at all or, in the same position for long). Go bare foot whenever you can.
I discard my remotes and change channels switch off the radio/DVD player etc. by getting up and going to it. Never let anyone be your gofer; you've left your spectacles upstairs? You go get them, not someone else.
I found constantly carrying out small tasks all day long and losing a little weight each day is the best way for me to keep up the momentum - let the big targets resolve themselves. Don't freeze to death, but try and wear less rather than more let your body burn a few extra calories in keeping you warm, that also counts for when you shower, swim/paddle/, go outside - whatever.
Of course, I find a low carb' diet essential but I want to put those carbs to good use and get and keep my body ticking over.

My ambition is to wake up tomorrow and be very glad I did so!

At any event, even 'though there is a fair distance between us, remember, there is someone rooting for your success and consequent happiness - all the way!

ggrast
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-12, 05:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/320/165 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grast
Hi SexySadie,

I am different from you in at least two ways. I'm male and I'm English. However, we also have at least two things in common, I too am not in the first flush of youth (I'm 69) and, I too suffer from peripheral neuropathy - primarily in the feet but also my hands and face. I am slightly overweight - about 10lbs but then, I'm well into this bout of the struggle to stay alive! My guess is that, like me, you are diabetic?
For what it's worth here is my general regime to battle against the symptoms of that curse.
I take a leaf from the AA approach - one day at a time.I Don't think 'I must lose "x'ty" pounds' that just depresses; Instead, depending on what my scales tell me, think, 'I must weigh the same or, a little less tomorrow than I weigh today'. If you are reasonably successful then, over time you'll get a rough idea of what that amount of weight loss is; use that knowledge for a rough daily weight loss target - NEVER be too ambitious! just up it very slightly and go for it. (Eg. av weight loss 3oz try to lose 4oz daily - till you hit your target)
Whenever possible - passenger in a car or aircraft, watching TV, in bed or, just sitting around - I curl and uncurl my toes as best - and as quickly - as I can. I learnt this exercise from doing similar with my fingers. Use every opportunity you can, fifteen brief burst over the day is so much better than fifteen minutes of concentrated effort, it's good circulation you are after, not muscle bound toes...(Oh and never keep your legs crossed at all or, in the same position for long). Go bare foot whenever you can.
I discard my remotes and change channels switch off the radio/DVD player etc. by getting up and going to it. Never let anyone be your gofer; you've left your spectacles upstairs? You go get them, not someone else.
I found constantly carrying out small tasks all day long and losing a little weight each day is the best way for me to keep up the momentum - let the big targets resolve themselves. Don't freeze to death, but try and wear less rather than more let your body burn a few extra calories in keeping you warm, that also counts for when you shower, swim/paddle/, go outside - whatever.
Of course, I find a low carb' diet essential but I want to put those carbs to good use and get and keep my body ticking over.

My ambition is to wake up tomorrow and be very glad I did so!

At any event, even 'though there is a fair distance between us, remember, there is someone rooting for your success and consequent happiness - all the way!

ggrast

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! The neuropathy is really bothersome, especially now that my weight is so high. Your little ways of getting exercise are great! The only thing that I cannot do is get on the scale. It's not that I cannot get on a scale it is that in the past I have become ruled by the scale. There was a point in my life where my drive to lose weight by any means necessary caused me to jump on the scale 6-10 times a day. If I even drank a glass of water, I immediately jumped on the scale and if it registered even 1/4 pound gain, I went into the bathroom and upchucked. That started me on a very dangerous path for over 8 years of bulimia. I guess it is because I saw the scale as my judge and executioner. Now, I don't get on the scale except once a month and sometimes even longer. I can tell very easily if I've gained or lost. Even when I go to the doctor I don't look at the scale when they weigh me. I guess I'm a little nuttier than most!

Thanks again for your help and encouragement!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Sep-16-12, 10:42

Plan: Primarily Atkins
Stats: 312/297.5/169 Female 5ft 8.5 inches
BF:58.8%/ 54% /20%
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySadie
Jenny: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I didn't get out to the store today because of my knee and feet. So, I will have to wait until tomorrow. But, I made myself some chicken legs and thighs in the slow cooker and I've got lettuce and cukes to go with it.

So, you're from the midwest, eh? Where about? I'm originally from Chicago, but I'm living in Akron, OH right now. I miss Chicago, though.

Again, thanks for the positive feedback! I look foward to "seeing" you around!

Hey SexySadie, I'm not too far from Chicago actually . So we are sort of neighbors.