Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1936   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-14, 07:54

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Default New average

is now 214.34 - almost at 154 lbs. lost now. This morning my weight was 213.8
Sponsored Links
  #1937   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-14, 20:38

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi
I'm happy to report I went down 4 pounds at a time when its usually
going in the other direction. Its not an average weight so I'm not sure of
the true number yet but I'm very pleased.
I'm re-reading some of the CAD book & have been surprised with some of
the things they say like you can have coffee & diet sodas with each meal & all these cream based desserts with jam so long as its under 4g of carbs.
Don't think I'll try this & just listen to experts here like Patricia & Eno!
I've been trying to just focus on one component at a time like
1. Make sure to have my salad before the RM.
2. Try to include more CM friendly vegetables in those meals.
My next component is to try to decrease the carb servings in the day; I've been having as many carbs as I want; Wheeto cereal, chocolate rice cakes,
wraps, yoghurts, nuts,,etc.
& I would like to decrease them to less than 4 servings total. Preferably 2-3.
Each carb serving being around 15g.
That's my next work to focus on!

Hi
caseyjmc!
I'm trying to follow the CAD principles as closely as I can & its still
really helping even though I haven't always done it perfectly.
Like you I really want more than one coffee & I can't be without my xylitol in it either. Its not causing me any problems so far nor when I sometimes sneak more than one coffee in.
I think 2 is the maximum caffeinated drinks you should have though;
I like lemon & grated ginger in an infuser ball & also 2-3 lime slices & fizzy water with 1/2 spoon of xylitol. Its really refreshing & seems to really help me & cause no problems.

Yesterday however I encountered a problem with either cauliflower or green tea; I had what I thought was the perfect CM; smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, turnips & cauliflower & green tea.
1 hour and a half later I was starved & had bad cravings. I think the culprit was either the cauliflower or the green tea.
I ended up 'off plan' but i averted a possibly bigger disaster; I had 2 dark chocolate hearts, 5 almonds & a cup of tea with milk. This helped me so much & I wasn't hungry for ages after this.
Does anyone have any advice that is off-plan but that averts a worse disaster?
A plan B?
Patricia your so right that there's so much learning & trial & error you have to do;
I do believe the CAD diet is the way to go however so I hope to continually
get better at learning & preparing the correct CMs & what to take with me on the go too!

As Mayflowers mentioned in an earlier post about some people only wanting to eat once a day; I'm finding it hard to want to eat breakfast so I'm waiting a couple of hours.
I want to lose slow and steady too & I think if I only ate once a day; I wouldn't get my five a day fruit & vegetables & would probably over-eat at that meal. Also I noticed I get more irritable & 'HANGRY' (hungry +angry) when I don't eat something..LOL. So its for my family members sake too!

Loving reading your blog posts Patricia; it really simplifies things & puts things into perspective!
  #1938   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-14, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Hi
I'm happy to report I went down 4 pounds at a time when its usually
going in the other direction. Its not an average weight so I'm not sure of
the true number yet but I'm very pleased.
I'm re-reading some of the CAD book & have been surprised with some of
the things they say like you can have coffee & diet sodas with each meal & all these cream based desserts with jam so long as its under 4g of carbs.
Don't think I'll try this & just listen to experts here like Patricia & Eno!
I've been trying to just focus on one component at a time like
1. Make sure to have my salad before the RM.
2. Try to include more CM friendly vegetables in those meals.
My next component is to try to decrease the carb servings in the day; I've been having as many carbs as I want; Wheeto cereal, chocolate rice cakes,
wraps, yoghurts, nuts,,etc.
& I would like to decrease them to less than 4 servings total. Preferably 2-3.
Each carb serving being around 15g.
That's my next work to focus on!

Hi
caseyjmc!
I'm trying to follow the CAD principles as closely as I can & its still
really helping even though I haven't always done it perfectly.
Like you I really want more than one coffee & I can't be without my xylitol in it either. Its not causing me any problems so far nor when I sometimes sneak more than one coffee in.
I think 2 is the maximum caffeinated drinks you should have though;
I like lemon & grated ginger in an infuser ball & also 2-3 lime slices & fizzy water with 1/2 spoon of xylitol. Its really refreshing & seems to really help me & cause no problems.

Yesterday however I encountered a problem with either cauliflower or green tea; I had what I thought was the perfect CM; smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, turnips & cauliflower & green tea.
1 hour and a half later I was starved & had bad cravings. I think the culprit was either the cauliflower or the green tea.
I ended up 'off plan' but i averted a possibly bigger disaster; I had 2 dark chocolate hearts, 5 almonds & a cup of tea with milk. This helped me so much & I wasn't hungry for ages after this.
Does anyone have any advice that is off-plan but that averts a worse disaster?
A plan B?
Patricia your so right that there's so much learning & trial & error you have to do;
I do believe the CAD diet is the way to go however so I hope to continually
get better at learning & preparing the correct CMs & what to take with me on the go too!

As Mayflowers mentioned in an earlier post about some people only wanting to eat once a day; I'm finding it hard to want to eat breakfast so I'm waiting a couple of hours.
I want to lose slow and steady too & I think if I only ate once a day; I wouldn't get my five a day fruit & vegetables & would probably over-eat at that meal. Also I noticed I get more irritable & 'HANGRY' (hungry +angry) when I don't eat something..LOL. So its for my family members sake too!

Loving reading your blog posts Patricia; it really simplifies things & puts things into perspective!

Hi Mary...first congrats on the weight loss - even if not an average, it is always wonderful to see the numbers going down.

I would take a look at the smoked salmon. We have a lot of different brands of this in my area of WA state, in most cases, the salmon was cured with brown sugar or some other sugar. That plus the turnips (which are not a cm veggie) would be my guess for what made you have cravings.

I am confused about your comment on decreasing your carb servings? I know I haven't read cad, but doesn't it also call for carbs to only be at your rm (except for the carbs in approved cm veggies)? I personally pay some attention to the carb count of the complex carb I have for rm, but only because I'm pre-diabetic and find I do best if I stay under a certain number for whatever I've chosen for the 'carb' portion of my rm (but I don't add up the carbs for the whole meal - don't pay attention re the carb count on the cm veggie etc.)

TY for the feedback about my blog..it's def. a fledgling endeavor
  #1939   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-14, 09:18

My weight this am was 214.6 - again, it amuses me to be annoyed with this, when only 2 weeks ago I would have been ecstatic about it

My first ever corned beef turned out extremely well..bit milder in flavor than I like but I guessed at the amounts on what I used to spice it, and I took bits and pieces of a number of recipes to come up with what I did. I am so pleased at making a new cm dish that I really like and will make again soon.
  #1940   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-14, 12:43

Weight this am is 214 flat. I'll take anything that is lower than my current average
  #1941   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-14, 09:27

My husband let me sleep late - weight 212.7 this am!! New one day low, and my first time seeing a 212.

I'm ecstatic.
  #1942   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-14, 19:27
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
Sorry I haven't posted since the start of the week-
PAT you are down below 214!!!!

Sunday dinner was great. But I had ice cream left over and that was my carb with dinner on Monday- with blueberries!
All my RM was the leftovers from Sunday. The salmon was great.

Tuesday I had a meeting from 5:30-9:30 pm, so I split a smoked turkey sub with DH and had coleslaw too.

Wednesday RM was burger on one of those arnolds sandwich thins, spinach salad, olives, peppers, onions, red pepper dip on the burger (roasted red peppers, walnuts,olive oil), sautéed mushrooms and cooked spinach.

Tonight I had a leftover burger,1/2 bagel, the rest of the mushroom, salad, water.

For breakfast CM today I had a strange meal but it really satisfied and I was not hungry until 2pm. I had some jarlsberg cheese, bacon, olives and spinach with my coffee!

I made egg salad for breakfast tomorrow- I use Dukes mayo with no added sugar.

Hi Caseyjmc-
the feedback was about why you may be gaining weight. For me, this plan works best when I really limit AS, eat veggies and protein for CM, and balance my RM (protein,veggies, and carbs).
I hope you consider giving this a try-

E
  #1943   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-14, 09:15

Default Another new one day low!!

I'm having a mini-whoosh. Will enjoy it while it lasts This morning, my weight is 211.6.

Sub 210..I'm going to see you soon!
  #1944   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-14, 09:11

Default And yet another new 1 day low

Today my weight is 211.3 - sneaking up on that 210
  #1945   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-14, 09:53
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-

Yay Pat!!

We had a middle eastern dinner out last night- great RM. Big salad, grilled meat, some pita (shared one) and then a tiny cup of frozen yogurt from the place next door! I love frozen yogurt but never get it as it has to be part of RM- this worked out great. Then we went grocery shopping and got lots of veggies. Fennel,japanese eggplant, cabbage, jicama, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and squash. I'm going to grill salmon tonite with the eggplant. Then over the next few days have shrimp and fennel, corned beef and cabbage, and chicken on the grill. Also got some sesame oil and soy sauce for my crackslaw. All out!
Have a great weekend-
E
  #1946   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-14, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 166/166/000 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi ladies!
Looks like everyone here is doing great! I wish I could say the same for myself. I have unfortunately struggled.

Last edited by JaysDays : Sat, Mar-22-14 at 16:12.
  #1947   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-14, 09:21

Slept in - and saw a 210.2 when I did get up! I love whooshes!!
  #1948   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-14, 08:09

Hi JaysDays! I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling. Please tell us how we can help.

My new average is 212.24, for a 2.1 lb. loss this past week, and now a grand total to date of 155.76.

My 3rd anniversary of recommitting to CALP is coming up end of April..hope to see a grand total by then of 160 or more, lost
  #1949   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-14, 08:20

Weight this am is 210.5 Soon..I will see my first sub-210.
  #1950   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-14, 17:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Pat, that is fantastic!

I am doing great. Just enjoying my life right now. DH is doing well, grandbabies healthy, I'm good- life is good.
Had great RM last night- salad, shrimp with fennel, small yeast roll with butter, water.
Tonite's- salad, canned green beans (my emergency veggie), 1/2 Cornish game hen, 1/2 bagel with butter, water.
Tomorrow's planned RM: salad, grilled steak, sautéed bok choy, roasted tiny potatoes, water.
Thursday's planned RM: salad, grilled beef sausages, leftover bok choy, roll.

I made some very garlicky chimichuri sauce for the steak and the sausages.

Friday night we are going out with friends to a pretty nice restaurant- I will check the menu before we go.
Saturday night we are going to a friend's house for dinner.

SO foodwise that is the week- RM wise that is. Mornings it's still 2 eggs, coffee, 1 slice of turkey bacon, 1/2 ounce of cheese. Lunch is leftovers from dinner or a salad with protein.

Hope you are all doing well-
E
Closed Thread