Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 01:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/115 Female 5'7''
BF:Its very high!
Progress: 0%

Hi everybody!! I wanted to introduce myself. I have been on the Atkins diet for 10 days now. I dont know if I lost anything yet(I'm waiting on the 2 week mark) but I do have more energy and feel better (although the first 3-4 days were not pretty, lol)

Well today I ate a lot and I feel like I might stall because of it:

Breakfast
3 cheese eggs bacon and atking pancakes with atkins syrup

Lunch
pancake (only 2) 3 strips of bacon (for these i used the recipe with the pork rinds yum) I love pancakes!!!

Snack
cream cheescake one small serving (got the recipe from the dessert forum VERY VERY GOOD)

Dinner
Hanburger with three different cheeses bacon bits with brocilli and butter

I really love pancakes and this is the first time i tried them as well as the cheescake. Maybe im overracting but this food was GREAT. I just want to make sure im not making any mistakes.

Thanks for all replys. Oh and these forums are VERY encouraging
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 07:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 250/244/175 Female 172 cm
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default pancakes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensativAF
Hi everybody!! I wanted to introduce myself. I have been on the Atkins diet for 10 days now. I dont know if I lost anything yet(I'm waiting on the 2 week mark) but I do have more energy and feel better (although the first 3-4 days were not pretty, lol)

Well today I ate a lot and I feel like I might stall because of it:

Breakfast
3 cheese eggs bacon and atking pancakes with atkins syrup

Lunch
pancake (only 2) 3 strips of bacon (for these i used the recipe with the pork rinds yum) I love pancakes!!!

Snack
cream cheescake one small serving (got the recipe from the dessert forum VERY VERY GOOD)

Dinner
Hanburger with three different cheeses bacon bits with brocilli and butter

I really love pancakes and this is the first time i tried them as well as the cheescake. Maybe im overracting but this food was GREAT. I just want to make sure im not making any mistakes.

Thanks for all replys. Oh and these forums are VERY encouraging

Can you give me a recipe for pancakes during induction?? Thanks, burgess
  #288   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 07:29

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi and Wecome!

You've got a great attitude and I'm sure you're going to see results soon.

Hope you don't mind my mentioning that pancakes and cheesecake are not good for induction. Save them for next week and maybe have them on different days. The LC recipes are great. I couldn't have done Atkins without them but they do tend to stall people if used too often.

Take care and let us know how much you lose when you get on the scale!

Amy
  #289   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 22:46

Stats: 283.5/259.5/160 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi,
I am new, I started almost two weeks ago, and have lost 13 pounds so far. I love the forum, so much information!
  #290   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 11:26

Stats: 209/209/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi

I'm new to this woe. I started on 04/21/04. I've been drinking lots of water and trying to get in those 20 carbs per day. Kinda hard. Thanks for the welcome and for all those tips. Hope this diet works for me. Trying to lose about 49 pounds. By the way, my current weight is 209, blah!!!
  #291   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 11:36

Plan: Atkins withouth the orthodoxy
Stats: 190/165/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 45%
Wink jsm6022

Hi,

My name is Jackie and I've been on LC'g for about 3.5 mos. I've lost about 30 lbs and I'm realing feeling like a new person. I've 30 more to go to reach my goal wt of 130.

I tried Atkins about 12 years ago and was successful then, but you know time & tide....anyway I knew it was the best way to go this time around as well. It's sooooooooooooo much easier this time. Much more support, recipes, products, & friends on it, as well.

I'm also walking and into Pilates.

There had been a time, recently, when I didn't want to go out or work out. Work was an effort. Today, I readmitted to college. I have the energy and stamina to do so.

So that's who I am & what I'm doing now.
  #292   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 19:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 360/360/200 Female 5'11" in
BF:
Progress:

Hi Thanks For All The Good Info Am On Day Six And Am Loving It
  #293   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 14:23
Contributing Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 165/154/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default South Georgia newbie

okay which way do I go? I have not done a forum to often and learning where to enter and exit takes a bit of doing. I discovered this forum yesterday and stayed on here looking until late in the night. Sooo interesting and informative. Seems to be a lot of nice people on board. Started on Atkins back in March and so far only 7 lbs down. I gain a couple then drop a couple over the last 2 weeks, can't seem to get the right combo for me yet. But I am looking forward to being a part of the LC community.
  #294   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 01:49

Plan: Cohen
Stats: 176/149/138 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi I found this site today and look forward to finding lots of info
  #295   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:42

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 160/154/135 Female 5-10
BF:25
Progress:
Default HI<

I'm new here too. I am actively doing the South Beach Diet and encourage all the comments and feedback I can get. I seem to have reached a stopping point in my diet, as I can't loose any weight!
  #296   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 04:48
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 227/202/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Hi

I'm the new girl on the block. I resumed Atkins last week. In November of last year I began with my sister and lost about 20 pounds but the holidays ruined everything. This time I cant seem to lose any pounds, but I have lost more than an inch.

I'm exercising, walking and I love yoga and I'm following the plan but my weight won't budge but I shall not give up. It helps that my husband is doing Atkins with me. My goal weight is 160. Which means I need to lose *whispering* 50 pounds. For me, it is imperative that I lose this weight. I am a breast cancer survivor and too much estrogen from being overweight was a contributor. I take Tamoxifen but could stand to lose some weight too, it decreases my odds of recurrence.

Nice to find a site that I can come to and talk about this issue with. I love the website name. Very creative.
  #297   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 17:32

Plan: adkins
Stats: 228/158.5/135 Female 5'5"
BF:still alot
Progress: 75%
Talking Hello....

I've been on Adkins for almost a year and doing good till about 3 months ago. I've only lost 2 lbs in that time. However, I have lost 70 lbs altogether! So I love this. I still don't touch potatoes, bread or sugar of any kind. Don't know what the stall is all about, but I just keep plugging along.
  #298   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 02:50

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 295/252/180 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 37%

HI,
i was reading your forum and i saw that we both started about the same weight and our goals are the same. I was wondering how you are doing and do you have any good advice on sticking with it. I started a forum today under Countdown, Buddies and challenges called "the 200 mark", you can join if you would like. Thanks , kristin
  #299   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 11:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/260/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Newbies

Hi,
I am new to this site. I and my husband are starting a LC diet this Sunday. We are hoping this is the thing that will help us with our weight loss.
  #300   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 11:43

Stats: 226/150/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Back on a diet again

Hi everyone. I'm new. Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to get to my goal. I have some success and then it starts to creep back up again. I bet I've lost hundreds of pounds in the last 10 years. It's the bread and late night snacks that get me. Anyway I woke up this morning determined to find a chocolate cookie recipe that I could stash in the pantry, nosh on at night, and still keep my carbs down. They're actually good and have only 2.7 carbs per cookie. I wanted to share them and that's how I came to this forum. If you're interested in the cookies I'll post them in sweet snacks. They're called Chocoflax Cookies.