Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-09, 12:02

Plan: my own
Stats: 225/208/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Personally I feel like if one is going to raise carbs, do it by eating some of the starchier veggies or sweeter fruits, not by eating grains, juices, cereals, pasta, sugars and all that stuff.

I think it's time for me to experiment in this direction. I've done every variation of low carb changing around fat and protein %'s and haven't really had any luck with that in breaking my multi-year long stall.

Judy from NYC has always said exactly that. She thinks a lot of longterm very low carb Atkinstype followers would benefit from transitioning to South Beach type eating.

I might look at that again after I lose 10% or more with the low carb again. Cause I'm not there yet. Just hit 5%.

My problem is, whenever I went to raise carbs in the past I immediately started eating more bad stuff (i.e., not sending away the breadbasket).

Sarah
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-09, 14:52
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSarah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Personally I feel like if one is going to raise carbs, do it by eating some of the starchier veggies or sweeter fruits, not by eating grains, juices, cereals, pasta, sugars and all that stuff.

I think it's time for me to experiment in this direction. I've done every variation of low carb changing around fat and protein %'s and haven't really had any luck with that in breaking my multi-year long stall.

Judy from NYC has always said exactly that. She thinks a lot of longterm very low carb Atkinstype followers would benefit from transitioning to South Beach type eating.

I might look at that again after I lose 10% or more with the low carb again. Cause I'm not there yet. Just hit 5%.

My problem is, whenever I went to raise carbs in the past I immediately started eating more bad stuff (i.e., not sending away the breadbasket).

Sarah

Thank you Sarah...for giving me the credit on this.

I did use a cycling method to keep my weight loss moving and sometimes it was with a grain...sometimes starchy veggies.....always ate my fruits each day. But if I saw the scale not budge for a few days, I'd back away from grain and starchy veggies for a few days and keep the fruit.
I sometimes feel like freak around here, being one of the few who made it to my goal...and stayed there for the past 4 yrs now after losing 120 lbs.
Why me? What did I do different?
I followed my plan of choice and did not get stuck doing Induction/phase I levels of carbs....I moved on.