Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1921   ^
Old Wed, May-09-18, 12:18

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 4/3, Jaz 6/5, KMom 3/5
Tuesday: Blue 4/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 5/5
Sponsored Links
  #1922   ^
Old Wed, May-09-18, 12:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I’m actually still at work but wanted to not leave ya’ll hanging! I know you are at the edge of your seat. SOooooo…
I have been using Vinegar- specifically Coconut vinegar with live probiotic in the morning with my Pellegrino in the morning. I have it when I get to work- it seriously kills hunger. I have tried the Braggs too. It is a bit tart- but either would work. You want to get the kind with the live “mother” in it. I also need a sparkling water to ease it down. I prefer the coconut- it is refreshing. The benefits of doing this are many- but- weight loss, stable blood sugar, healthy gut- and KILLS appetite. I have been doing this now for 2 weeks. I really do think that is has been a great help- besides the ZERO carbs for the scale drop- and KETO for me. I have turned on 2 people in my office who are also finding it working for them. I just wanted to share- my little secrete. But again use a sparkling water to make it nice-
Google the benefits- you might be pleasantly surprised.

Having great eating day- and doing IF- naturally. Catch up a bit later
  #1923   ^
Old Wed, May-09-18, 12:33

BF:

Kmom- water Wed. 5/5 - forgot yesterday
  #1924   ^
Old Wed, May-09-18, 18:43

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori hope you enjoyed your dinner out and got the yummy food you were wanting

I hear ya on tight clothes. The worst but always a heck of a great reminder of where we were and what we must do to stay in our smaller sized clothes we were comfortable in I so get that.

Jaz, yea Dr. A said in bio zero carb induction, along with a 2 cup salad you could sub out a sour pickle. I would eat that pickle a lot vs. the salad cause salad never thrilled me and the pickle was always delish. Definitely a hit of vinegar
Coconut vinegar? Never heard of it. I will have to look at vinegar in the store cause I know I heard the vinegar was a good addition but never bothered really with it. But you are saying it is helping you and you feel good doing this extra bit so heck ya know I am jumping on the bandwagon
  #1925   ^
Old Wed, May-09-18, 19:44

BF:

Google it- nice surprise! It IS working. I find for me- the hungriest are just flat gone. But apparently there are tons of other benefits! ZERO carbs so a WIN WIN- Use sparkling water- more refreshing!

Hitting the sack gals - FREKIN TIRED
  #1926   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 03:53

BF:

I saw Coconut Secret. Raw coconut vinegar. Got good reviews Scary looking color tho in the bottle LOL

I have to hit the road today with kiddo cause she gets a teeth cleaning at 1....I will hit a store and check out their selection to see what they got.

very interesting for sure!

hey all
nothing much today
this and that and then off to get kiddo to dentist for cleaning

kinda a do nothing day mostly

will be back later to chat up great day all
  #1927   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 04:00

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Coconut vinegar.....that is a new one to me too. For a long time I have been having a glass of vinegar water first thing in the morning. I use Bragg's. I just tilt the bottle and put a TB or so in the glass, add some sea salt for electrolytes and fill it up with water. I drink it right down.....first thing to hit my stomach every morning. I'm always careful to rinse my mouth after as the acid from the vinegar is not great for your teeth. I don't know that it helps my appetite as I always seem to get hungry within a couple hours.

Dinner was fabulous as usual. Scallops and broccoli with lemon dill sauce. DH got a filet & scallops, so I had a couple bites of his filet too. The good news....the pants I wanted to wear fit fine..whew! Maybe those new shorts I got just run a bit small? I still need to lose a few pounds.....I'll keep slogging along.

Today will be a putter around the house day. I have a mountain of laundry to do and other misc crap. I have to be to work at 4:45. I was dreaming about the dang place....worried about the changes and wondering how closing procedures have changed since I have to do that tonight. I will go in a few minutes early and talk to the girl who is working day shift today. I know she closed the other night, so she will have done the new procedure. I'm such a worry wart!

Just saw the weekend weather and it's not looking great for golf. Scattered showers. I don't know if my group will want to chance going out or not. We'll see. Thunderstorms today.....not a fan.

Make it a good day!
  #1928   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 04:43

BF:

Coconut Vinegar - don't let the color scare ya! Because it DID me! I have a gal in our office that has lost about 13 pounds now. Anyway, beyond just losing weight she LOOKS GLOWING!!!! So I pulled her aside about 3 weeks ago and said WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Her hair, skin, youthful, just vibrant! Apple Cider vinegar everyday. That was it.

So I started the research to see the benefits. I too have heard it was good for you- but it just never caught my eye. So I was in a place we have here called Sprouts and I ran across Coconut Vinegar - with probiotics. So I bought it, tried it. LOVE IT!!!!

I take mine with sparkling water while still in a fasting state after my coffee. So I have my coffee when I get up, work on that. Then I get to the office and open my Pellegrino (any would work)- add my vinegar and sip away. It really does taste refreshing. Then I polish it off with a regular water- and I am set for HOURS! I MEAN HOURS. I feel really good!!!

Yesterday we had lunch catered.....URGH.... anyway- had 2 chicken kabobs and another half. It was the only thing I ate - all day!!!. Wasn't hungry. I listened to my body- what do I want for dinner? A dill pickle- no fuss. I was sorta nice to not WORRIED about my food. I just wasn't in the mood to eat dinner after that.

I now have 2 other in the office watching ME and using the vinegar too! You should have the "mother" it is for reap the best benefits! Look past the color- yes it is odd- but think about what it is doing for your belly!!!! Also- people have lost lots of belly fat - doing NOTHING else but this additional. Stablizes blood sugars, works on the gut, the list goes on and on......
NO carbs- so WHY NOT?

Ok off my horse! I am stable at 10- and my body taking a pause. That is FINE. I want it too- before another drop! I feel good. Tired here and there but that is not diet related. It's because I am frekin busy!

Trig- So try it out. In Fizzy sparking water- you can't do it straight up. It would burn. It must be mixed with water- sparking water- on salad, ect....I use 2-3 tea a day in one cup. I only do it once a day. I don't want to get burned out on it. Funny you were talking about pickles- I got the small munchies yesterday. Whipped out a brand new jar of "natural dill pickles" no added color. Tastey. Love the crunch of a pickle. It too kills the hungries. See there are fun things to have via Adkins.

I know you ARE back on it!!! Your in it I can tell- no cheats, no nibbles. Blinders on- end game you!

Blue- I am happy you are a busy gal these days! Tell us what you are up to?! I hope you are enjoying your new laptop!!!! Even if it did come at a $$$

Nic- you seem like the vinegar sort! HAHAHAH- You said you have a Sprouts in your neck of the woods. What do you think of it? I do not do my entire shop there. I think they can be $$- BUT for small things you can't find elsewhere it's a cool place. I like to browse and find NEW things. I like how Natural things are there.
Where do you shop?

urghhhhhh.... Where DOES TIME GO WHEN I AM HERE??? .... I will be back to "see" the rest of NIC/ KMOM/ LORI- just ran outta time!

I know another cliff hanger! HAHAHAHAHA- hate that!
around lunch time- meetings all day!
  #1929   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 04:43

BF:

Coconut Vinegar - don't let the color scare ya! Because it DID me! I have a gal in our office that has lost about 13 pounds now. Anyway, beyond just losing weight she LOOKS GLOWING!!!! So I pulled her aside about 3 weeks ago and said WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Her hair, skin, youthful, just vibrant! Apple Cider vinegar everyday. That was it.

So I started the research to see the benefits. I too have heard it was good for you- but it just never caught my eye. So I was in a place we have here called Sprouts and I ran across Coconut Vinegar - with probiotics. So I bought it, tried it. LOVE IT!!!!

I take mine with sparkling water while still in a fasting state after my coffee. So I have my coffee when I get up, work on that. Then I get to the office and open my Pellegrino (any would work)- add my vinegar and sip away. It really does taste refreshing. Then I polish it off with a regular water- and I am set for HOURS! I MEAN HOURS. I feel really good!!!

Yesterday we had lunch catered.....URGH.... anyway- had 2 chicken kabobs and another half. It was the only thing I ate - all day!!!. Wasn't hungry. I listened to my body- what do I want for dinner? A dill pickle- no fuss. I was sorta nice to not WORRIED about my food. I just wasn't in the mood to eat dinner after that.

I now have 2 other in the office watching ME and using the vinegar too! You should have the "mother" it is for reap the best benefits! Look past the color- yes it is odd- but think about what it is doing for your belly!!!! Also- people have lost lots of belly fat - doing NOTHING else but this additional. Stablizes blood sugars, works on the gut, the list goes on and on......
NO carbs- so WHY NOT?

Ok off my horse! I am stable at 10- and my body taking a pause. That is FINE. I want it too- before another drop! I feel good. Tired here and there but that is not diet related. It's because I am frekin busy!

Trig- So try it out. In Fizzy sparking water- you can't do it straight up. It would burn. It must be mixed with water- sparking water- on salad, ect....I use 2-3 tea a day in one cup. I only do it once a day. I don't want to get burned out on it. Funny you were talking about pickles- I got the small munchies yesterday. Whipped out a brand new jar of "natural dill pickles" no added color. Tastey. Love the crunch of a pickle. It too kills the hungries. See there are fun things to have via Adkins.

I know you ARE back on it!!! Your in it I can tell- no cheats, no nibbles. Blinders on- end game you!

Blue- I am happy you are a busy gal these days! Tell us what you are up to?! I hope you are enjoying your new laptop!!!! Even if it did come at a $$$

Nic- you seem like the vinegar sort! HAHAHAH- You said you have a Sprouts in your neck of the woods. What do you think of it? I do not do my entire shop there. I think they can be $$- BUT for small things you can't find elsewhere it's a cool place. I like to browse and find NEW things. I like how Natural things are there.
Where do you shop?

urghhhhhh.... Where DOES TIME GO WHEN I AM HERE??? .... I will be back to "see" the rest of NIC/ KMOM/ LORI- just ran outta time!

I know another cliff hanger! HAHAHAHAHA- hate that!
around lunch time- meetings all day!
  #1930   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 07:12

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- So that's it! Bolt cut the yam! D
Wow, I didn't realize that DH quit smoking also. That is wonderful. Good for you guys and good news for DD as well.

Jaz- Yeah, our sprouts here is new. I do go there for a few things- they have the best artichokes I have seen in this area bar none, plus some nice local cream. No thickeners in it, which is hard to find.

So, coconut vinegar. Haven't heard of that! Be careful with sipping on it like you say that you are- that could really erode the enamel on your teeth. Hopefully in the ratio you are using it, it wouldn't be an issue. I'm glad you are having such good results with it!

Lori, it is sweet that you care enough about your job to be worrying like you are. I'm sure it will be fine. I have the feeling you are much brighter than some of the folks working there!
Glad you had a wonderful dinner out with the DH!

KMOM and Blue- hope all is well with you two chicks!

•••••••••••

More or less a do-nothing today here also, besides my line dancing class at one. DS is supposed to have his last bball game but there is rain predicted so it may not happen. I don't care either way. They didn't make the playoffs so I am fine with things winding down.

Yesterday was a CRAZY busy day- I was in bed reading by 8:30 PM. I took a hike, then DS needed me to bring something to the school, then DD called sick and needed sprite and gatorade for constant vomiting. Did some cleaning over at her place bc it was a disaster. Long story short, over 15K steps yesterday and I was WORN OUT big time. I am purposely having a slower day today.

Not too much else to add. Just sort of cruising along.
  #1931   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 07:40

BF:

Nicco, wow, DD with constant vomiting. I sure hope you didn't get it going over there! Hope she is feeling better fast! Luckily we have no crap going on around here from school, everyone 'seems' healthy so far LOL

Winding down heading into summer is a good thing!!

Yea DH and I quit. We have been like friggin' maniacs for a while here but we are getting better now. Believe me it wasn't pretty around here HAHA

He went cold turkey and I went cold turkey on cigs but bought the lowest nicotine electronic cig to 'get off slower' cause I don't have the willpower he does. So as I took a hit on the electronic cig every now and then we would freak on me saying, you can't do that in front of me and I would be like, well I need to do it to quit and he said I was killing his chances. OMG around and around we went and I would be like, I am walking Bolt and he wanted to go and I was like I need to go alone cause I want a hit on my elec. cig NOW so stay the hell home HAHA Oh yea it was rough....but I have put down the electronic cig now so we are on level ground finally. Not a cake walk in any way

So hit my little store.
Only had apple cider organic vinegar mother stuff and yikes, scary so I will wait to hit a real store and see their selection. But I am going to use the coconut vinegar for sure.

Jaz, I never buy flavored water stuff. What are you drinking? no clue on it. Never know what tastes decent in any way....so what ya using?
  #1932   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 18:48

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Hey gals---was just sitting looking out the window in my office and day dreaming about our spring trip together. It's going to be SO FUN, I just know it. I love our little hotel w/the pool in the middle of the historic district! Sure would be nice if it was warm enough to swim---what say you Trig? What are the chances of that? If not, we can bring our drinks and sit around at the pool after our days' adventures. Oh, I cannot wait!

Jaz---Interesting on the vinegar thing. Will be interested to hear how you feel it's working as time goes by. Besides weight issues, I loved the "glow" thing. I'm a bit hesitant as I did a blood pressure vinegar solution a couple years ago and it drove my blood pressure up, obviously not the desired result, although many others on line said they had luck w/it. Still, I have it in my salad dressings all the time w/no issues---but that's not the same as taking it every day w/water. But I'm tempted, so keep us up on what you are experiencing doing this.

Trigger---Yeah you and the hubby have been lifting a 2 ton adjustment in many ways! The different ways of quitting smoking really adds a sticky layer. Glad you guys are getting past the worst of it.

Also, you named one of my fave TV ads right now. Let me say from the get go, that I absolutely agree w/you and really found your POV interesting. (as a mom and as a marketing person.) You're saying essentially, don't punish, but rather teach, when you can---unless of course it involves, as you said, dangerous substances while driving. Otherwise, young drivers are going to make mistakes.

And no, I would never have grounded my son from the car for a month, for scraping something at a drive-thru, which I have done a couple times myself w/a lot more experience.

What I DO love about that ad, is that kid reminds both hubby and me so much of our son. LOL, a lawyer in training. A kid who always has a well thought out position. Just made me smile the first time I saw it, because this would be my son

So the ad worked in its portrayal of a kid you can believe is who he is---at least for me who does have a son that would present just like that--- but yeah, the answer to that from the parents wouldn't be mine. However, just remember, it is hard to tell a story in 30 seconds AND promote your product too. The mother's quick if not our agreed upon response, allowed the kid to cut himself off, and get out of dodge while the gettin' was good, something that is also authentic and empathetic to many. Can't tell you how many people have told me they love this ad.

As a marketing person, I just cannot resist your feed back, and understand it. But also know how many levels this ad DOES work on.

Nic---I'm wondering if your daughter was suffering from some kind of food poisoning. I've had it happen to me twice, and it's like the flu X100. The amount of vomiting and how fast it came on is suggestive of food poisoning. Which, when it's out of the body, it's out and over. And, there are about a thousand ways we can get food poisoning every day, and it's a miracle it doesn't happen more to all of us.

Bless you good mama, for going over there w/supplies and clean up.

Lori---

K-mom---Thurs. water, 5/3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a very productive and super busy day, and I won't bore y'all w/the details as it would go on and on---YEP, even for one little old day. I am happy to be in a bit of a whirl right now, as opposed to too many days of feeling immobilized last winter.

But I am pooped out, not much to say, because my head is going WHAAAA-O-WHAAAA-O-WHAAAA---so darn much happening, and thankfully, some of it is good.

But there is no doubt that I am in a "passage" of my life right now, many changes to be addressed every darn day, and it's going to be a roller coaster ride.

SIGH, so, good to just say sweet dreams my pals. There is always tomorrow to discuss more, talk it out more.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, May-10-18 at 19:06.
  #1933   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 19:04

BF:

Trig- it isn't FLAVORED water-it's SPRing water. I like
pegrino, or you can get oh dam what is it- ..... senior moment- dud.... come oh Jaz..... rough day. My boss and I had a fight in front of a group of people that flew in from Minnesota, Tampa, Ohio, and Dallas. She is such a fuckin putz. I am sorry
Here I am on the thread- but I just dump this crap somewhere.
Sorry TRIG- still thinking of that water in the mist of my RANT. _
MY GOD this woman is so inept- I seriously was considering taking all my shit off my desk and walking out I was THAT MAD. I just might call off tomorrow to cool of to avoid her. I am SO pisst.

I think that is exactly what I am going to do. I NEED to do that to calm down from what happened in the meeting today. I need a day off. From her. Or I will quit or be fired. I need that attitude day. I am trying to calm down and I am pisst- - I'm just now on my weekend! done- yup- it's Friday for me! ....... calling off.... Its really best to put a few days behind us. it was ugly. She looked so bad!!!!

Dang- any sparking water will do!

Touch base in a better mood............
  #1934   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 19:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hahaahaha ok I will be back on tomorrow to touch base w everyone but I just saw Jaz's post and man, Jaz, I gotta say that I just love your potty mouth. You made me laugh out loud because I say that under my breath about people all the time.

I'm sorry you guys had a fight and she was such a weenie. I feel badly for you, I really do, even though you made me laugh.

And the water you like is San Pelligrino, sparkling plain water.

Okay, night all, will catch up otherwise tomorrow.
  #1935   ^
Old Fri, May-11-18, 04:06

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up having a lovely cup of coffee and then I'm heading out for my run by 7-7:30. 5 miles on the schedule for today. I HAVE to get it done early. I cancelled with my trainer because it's more important for me to get my run in this morning. I will meet with her next week.

Work last night was nuts. I had a new guy working with me and I just felt like I was torn in all directions all night long. He did well, but there are still questions. Meanwhile, I had my own customers at my register. Not sure why we were so busy, but it was a bit of a circus. Off today, thank goodness.

Jaz......that boss of yours....why doesn't she just retire already??!! You probably had a good idea to take today off to put some distance between you for awhile.

I, too, like sparkling water. I use the store brand, lemon flavored. No calories, carbs or anything. There's just something about the bubbles! I love San Pellegrino, but I'm too cheap to buy it all the time.

Friday....thank goodness! The weather isn't looking great for golf this weekend, but we'll see. On and off showers and downpours.....sounds like fun, right?

Well, time to finish my coffee and get dressed for running. I will feel so good when it's done. Then home to shower and head for the grocery store. Quiet afternoon planned.

Hugs to you all!
Closed Thread